What's new

J-11B spotted with PL-10 high agility missile

Akasa

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The indigenous 4.5 generation J-11B has officially been spotted with 5th generation weapon

PL_10.jpg

1321795131_11349.jpg

1321795138_80755.jpg

PL-10 is a short range AAM. The one carried by J-11B is larger in size, similar to PL-12. Note that there are 5 visible rings on the missile body, compare with PL-10 which has 3 rings.

I think it is a new type of BVR missile, and there is no large fins which mean it can fit nicely in internal weapon bay like the one on J-20.

PL-10 is a short range AAM. The one carried by J-11B is larger in size, similar to PL-12. Note that there are 5 visible rings on the missile body, compare with PL-10 which has 3 rings.

I think it is a new type of BVR missile, and there is no large fins which mean it can fit nicely in internal weapon bay like the one on J-20.

A larger variant of the PL-10? One with extended range?

MIght be deleted while using PS...

looks PSed to me, the missile stands out way too much as compared to the background, fishy.

In 2008, China acquired a fourth-generation air-to-air missile equipped with a thrust-vector control engine. The PL-10, or PL-ASR, is comparable to the U.S.-made AIM-9X air-to-air missile, or AAM. According to a representative from the South African Denel Group, the PL-ASR is almost a replica of its A-Darter AAM.

Denel did not sell the technologies to China, which it regards as its key competitor in selling air-to-air missiles on the African market. Company engineers were therefore surprised to find that the Chinese PL-ASR is nearly identical to the A-Darter in exterior structure, tail engine and even the diameter of the missile body.

The company strongly suspects that China reverse-engineered its A-Darter AAM after acquiring its technological materials. Not surprising considering that much of their aircraft etc are almost exact replicas of Russian fighters and other weapon systems.

But it needs brains to make a good copy that works just like the original, what? :cheesy:

Cheers!

I say it's bull crap... It's just the airframe that resembles the Darter, everything inside are generations ahead of darter.

In 2008, China acquired a fourth-generation air-to-air missile equipped with a thrust-vector control engine. The PL-10, or PL-ASR, is comparable to the U.S.-made AIM-9X air-to-air missile, or AAM. According to a representative from the South African Denel Group, the PL-ASR is almost a replica of its A-Darter AAM.

Denel did not sell the technologies to China

And thus the irony is presented.

why are indians so stupid...
noone doubts that china has developed atleast three fully indigenous aircrafts(jf-17,j-10,j-20) while indian has none in operation

if u r comparing airforce might..every one knows that both in number,quantity china is far ahead..look at their j-10s,j-11s,su-30s and then count your 4th gen aircrafts (mig29,old mirages2000 and 160 odd su 30).

why are indians so stupid...
noone doubts that china has developed atleast three fully indigenous aircrafts(jf-17,j-10,j-20) while indian has none in operation

if u r comparing airforce might..every one knows that both in number,quantity china is far ahead..look at their j-10s,j-11s,su-30s and then count your 4th gen aircrafts (mig29,old mirages2000 and 160 odd su 30).

Waited you forgot to mention INDIA claim US f-22 is they forth father design in Toyland now the US create it and flied it.

Back
Top Bottom