What's new

J-11B has received the AESA upgrade

So whatever support your claim is more authentic? Right.

Now pl provide the link for the information for your claim of AESA in J-11B. And yes pl provide US Government link as stated by you in your post No. 21.

He has given proof that China is not buying Su-35. Why would we buy that when we can produce the J-11B with the WS-10 engine and AESA radar.

Go troll somewhere else kiddo :wave:

The Amur was denied as well by Russia. Why would China buy a failed AIP when China already has it in service?

Five Generations of Jets | Fighterworld

What does it have to do with my understanding of English?
Sorry but Ive read news that the new Chinese president visited Moscow for that purpose? the news were in April plze correct me because it really confused me.

Sorry but Ive read news that the new Chinese president visited Moscow for that purpose? the news were in April plze correct me because it really confused me.

Chinese president visited Moscow because it's part of his goodwill visit. The only deals signed at that meeting were (1) gas deal, and (2) a deal on rabbits.

Chinese president visited Moscow because it's part of his goodwill visit. The only deals signed at that meeting were (1) gas deal, and (2) a deal on rabbits.
Great, do you think China will offer the J-11b for Pakistan or other nations?.

J-11B has been upgraded with AESA radar (most likely the same seen on the J-15 and J-16):

[]

This radar has 1760 T/R modules, has a search range of 450 km against 1 m^2 target and 250 km against a 0.1 m^2 target.

Quite unrealistic I must say about these claims.

If they have a search range of 250 km against a 0.1 m^2 target, these radar can easily achieve a radar lock on F-22 at a minimum 100km @gambit @Oscar @sancho

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite unrealistic I must say about these claims.

If they have a search range of 250 km against a 0.1 m^2 target, these radar can easily achieve a radar lock on F-22 at a minimum 100km @gambit @Oscar @sancho

The F-22's radar is rumored to have similar performances. The F-35's AN/APG-81 should be even better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Amur was denied as well by Russia. Why would China buy a failed AIP when China already has it in service?

Five Generations of Jets | Fighterworld

What does it have to do with my understanding of English?

Thank you very much. You made my my work easy. All members Pl read following paragraph. I copy pest it from the link sino Soldier have posted in support of his claim. All 4.5 generation planes are there but not J 11.

The concept of having a half generation increment stemmed from a forced reduction in military spending, which resulted in a restriction in aircraft development. It became more cost-effective to add ‘stealth’, radar absorbent materials, thrust vector controlled engines, greater weapons carriage capacity and to extend the range of fourth generation fighters, such as the Hornet, Eagle and Flanker, than to design new aircraft. The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is an example of a 4.5 generation fighter evolved from a fourth generation aircraft. The addition of an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar was a significant enough game-changing combat capability for these redesigned fighters to be deemed a generation of their own, hence the generation 4.5 rating. Some manufacturers designed new platforms, such as the Eurofighter Typhoon, Saab JAS 39 Gripen and Dassault Rafale, which incorporate many of the generation 4.5 advanced characteristics. Advances in computer technology and data links also allowed 4.5 generation fighters to be integrated into a network centric battlespace where fighter aircraft have much greater scope to conduct multi-role missions. As an example, the AESA radar allows fighter aircraft to perform a limited Airborne Early Warning and Control function.

Pl show me Where is J11 ?

The members making false claim without any reference and provide false reference should be banned. He is a pathetic looser. He should quiet the forum rather than cheating members by providing false references.

If brain fart decides the Generation of planes no doubt Chinese planes are 10th generation but unfortunately that is not. So many parameters are missing in chinese planes to become world class.

Thank you very much. You made my my work easy. All members Pl read following paragraph. I copy pest it from the link sino Soldier have posted in support of his claim. All 4.5 generation planes are there but not J 11.

The concept of having a half generation increment stemmed from a forced reduction in military spending, which resulted in a restriction in aircraft development. It became more cost-effective to add ‘stealth’, radar absorbent materials, thrust vector controlled engines, greater weapons carriage capacity and to extend the range of fourth generation fighters, such as the Hornet, Eagle and Flanker, than to design new aircraft. The F/A-18E/F Super Hornet is an example of a 4.5 generation fighter evolved from a fourth generation aircraft. The addition of an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar was a significant enough game-changing combat capability for these redesigned fighters to be deemed a generation of their own, hence the generation 4.5 rating. Some manufacturers designed new platforms, such as the Eurofighter Typhoon, Saab JAS 39 Gripen and Dassault Rafale, which incorporate many of the generation 4.5 advanced characteristics. Advances in computer technology and data links also allowed 4.5 generation fighters to be integrated into a network centric battlespace where fighter aircraft have much greater scope to conduct multi-role missions. As an example, the AESA radar allows fighter aircraft to perform a limited Airborne Early Warning and Control function.

Pl show me Where is J11 ?

The members making false claim without any reference and provide false reference should be banned. He is a pathetic looser. He should quiet the forum rather than cheating members by providing false references.

Do you understand how classifications work? The US classifies a four-and-a-half generation aircraft as any fourth generation aircraft that's been upgraded with AESA radar. The J-11B is upgraded with AESA radar, so it belongs to such generation of aircraft.

Do you understand how classifications work? The US classifies a four-and-a-half generation aircraft as any fourth generation aircraft that's been upgraded with AESA radar. The J-11B is upgraded with AESA radar, so it belongs to such generation of aircraft.

What a shameless fellow you are? Than why it is missing in above list? What about your claim of US recognizing it as 4.5 generation?

Pl read the following list of 4th generation Plane from same link.

Fourth generation jet fighters (1970 to late 1980s)
Through the 1970s and 80s the trend of improvement in avionics such as head-up displays and optimised aerodynamic design continued with the development of ‘fly by wire’ fighters such as the MiG-29, Su-27, F/A-18, F-15, F-16, and Mirage-2000. Most of this generation of fighters had the ability to both switch and swing roles between air-to-air and air-to-ground, as opposed to the previous role-dedicated aircraft. This in turn blurred the distinction between control of the air and strike missions.

J 11 is not there in 4th generation plane even.

What a shameless fellow you are? Than why it is missing in above list? What about your claim of US recognizing it as 4.5 generation?

Pl read the following list of 4th generation Plane from same link.

Fourth generation jet fighters (1970 to late 1980s)
Through the 1970s and 80s the trend of improvement in avionics such as head-up displays and optimised aerodynamic design continued with the development of ‘fly by wire’ fighters such as the MiG-29, Su-27, F/A-18, F-15, F-16, and Mirage-2000. Most of this generation of fighters had the ability to both switch and swing roles between air-to-air and air-to-ground, as opposed to the previous role-dedicated aircraft. This in turn blurred the distinction between control of the air and strike missions.

J 11 is not there in 4th generation plane even.

Did you not read a single word I wrote?

The Chinese aircraft fits the DEFINITION of four-and-a-half generation aircraft, and therefore it can and it is labeled as such.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom