What's new

J-10 Will Come With T O (P) T

Whish AESA radar does China have? this is news to me. The Russians are only now bring one on line. Did you mean PESA?

China's NRIET outlines fighter radar improvements

Reuben F Johnson JDW Correspondent - Beijing

Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology (NRIET) has revealed details of its airborne fighter radar programmes at CIDEX 2008 in Beijing.

Representatives of NRIET at the Chinese defence electronics exhibition told Jane's in early April that the KLJ-7 radar installed in the FC-1/JF-17 - the fighter aircraft developed jointly with Pakistan - has undergone improvements from its original configuration. The system can now "manage up to 40 targets, track up to 10 in track-while-scan [TWS] mode and engage two targets simultaneously", they said.

NRIET is the major supplier of fighter radar systems to Chengdu Aerospace Corporation, which produces the FC-1/JF-17 and J-10 fighter aircraft.

Like other Chinese companies, NRIET has made progress in upgrading the performance of its systems and has benefited from the advances that China's industries have made in designing more robust and state-of-the-art components. NRIET said that work had started on developing an AESA fighter radar, but that details of this programme were classified.

Through joint development and co-operation with the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) on the JF-17 variant of the FC-1 and from bilateral discussions with other foreign defence companies, NRIET is believed to have gained access to a number of overseas radar systems that have been used for testing and development of the KLJ series.

Concerns were raised in some quarters in March when it was confirmed that French officials were in talks with Pakistan about the sale of radar systems for use in the JF-17 - the worry being that Beijing would also gain access to the technology.

Officials from Russia's Phazotron radar design centre previously told Jane's that NRIET had purchased two Zemchug radars that it uses for "A/B comparisons of their radar's performance against our design".

However, they hastened to add that China's radars "are not copies of our designs. It is not correct to call anything that the Chinese build a copy because they use their own components [and] their own electronic circuit boards. Some of their designs may appear to be analogues of someone else's design but they are not copies".

NRIET has also been known as Research Institute No 14 or Nanjing Radar Plant 720 and is the largest of the China Electronic Technology Corporation (CETC) consortium's research institutes. CETC is the largest military products industrial group in China.

Source: China's NRIET outlines fighter radar improvements - Jane's Defence Weekly

Whish AESA radar does China have? this is news to me. The Russians are only now bring one on line. Did you mean PESA?

Can't give you links on this one. The Chinese military usually reveal new hardware over 5 years after equiping so the news are always slow. J-10 entered service in 2003 but wasn't confirmed until 2008. Anyways, the R&D of AESA started a long time ago. I know people who work in the fields back in back in the 90s. However it is only the last few years we are having breakthroughs. There is no way to know the specs, though. The U.S keep the parameters classified, too, because they are very sensitive data.

Anyways, it appears that the J-10B prototype's modified nose is meant for the AESA radar, which is larger than PESA radar. This means the radar may be in the final testing process. I know these are not convincing evidences, but just believe it.

Our radar tech is actually quite advanced at this point, behind the U.S but slightly ahead of Russia. People say that the spy plane collision in 2001 advaced China's electronic warfare know how by at least 15 years. With the bottleneck broken, China now has a complete R&D on this matter. So, thanks America. :cheers: The KJ-2000 AWAC radar is one of the best in the world already.

the pictures look same like f-16.but i doubt it have advanced electronics like f-16

I'm trying to understand what exactly is being tranferred. The engine is Russian - no TOT there, most of the avionics are to be European origin, with some Chinese ( no TOT there either). Perhaps assembly line manufacture of airframe perhaps?

Hi,

I believe that the right term is TRANSFER OF PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY ( from pshamim )----

Now that india is preparing to fight with China and Pakistan simultaneously, it is only natural China to arm Pakistan to teeth. If infact systems and subsystems are to be used in J-10 and JF-17are same in future evolution path then it would be much easier for Pakistan to handle both. Nonetheless, its great news!

J-10 TOT for local production.

I must say that is very generous of china.

Not even the US offers such deals for its f-16 for such small orders.

Although i can see How this is a huge advantage to Pakistan.

What is China getting out of this transaction ?

Fighter jet technology isn't generally put in the charity box.
SO i am assuming China is getting something from Pakistan so what is it.

friends always help each other Pakistan planning to buy 150 of them not 36 firstly i think Paf have plan to buy 36 to evaluate them then they will go for TOT
currently i think most of the negotiation will be on term of finance pakistan dont have billions to spent so some kind financing deal might be going on as we have for JF 17
Our friend always gave us loan and provide thing cheaply and on time on the other hand
Indian friend promise to deliver things in millions and suddenly jumps to billions a good friend indeed?

Please provide a source as it is something new to me.
Thanks

A stronger ally against a common enemy. How hard is that to understand?

:coffee:

Dude either you cant read or you are just ignorant to except sino-indus relations?Its nor russia-india cash=product or no money no honey>??
About US the country which sanctioned us and didnt return our money or the jets?Who gives a crap.
About 36 FC 20s.
Isnt it obvious you go for MRCA we go for FC20s with TOT to counter you and about initial 36 jets that was many years ago when J10Bwas in development and indians hadnt put mrca tender.
Things Change.
Free Kashmir:pakistan:

A Time tested strategic partnership.

Never mix friendship with Business isn't that what the Chinese say.

While i am not here to Debate the Nuances of the Sino-PAk relations.

I asked a simple question.

Why is China giving tot for the FC-20. There first indigenous export export plane. To Pakistan

There is a missing angle. China is getting something from Pak.

Now can someone turn on their brains and give me a proper legitimate answer.

No one give up anything for free they always want something in return.

This is not an issue of friendship or Alliances. China has not offered anything of the sorts to any of its other allies.

Why is China giving tot for the FC-20. There first indigenous export export plane. To Pakistan

This is not an issue of friendship or Alliances. China has not offered anything of the sorts to any of its other allies.

Relationship between isnt just i buy=bye bye like with indiansand russians.
Pak-China is like family we dont just buy stuf.
Reguarding BUISNESS sir WE PAK-CHINA have been doing it since more then 5 decade SANDEL project is just a small example from where china drill 8KG GOLD EVERY DAY.
About J10B sir we share everything unlike INDO-RUSS RELATIONS.
:pakistan::china:

Before you and others start jumping to conclusions, there is not a single confirmed, reliable news which tells us that is it a ToT, ToPT or what.

So the day such news becomes confirmed from PAF officials, then kindly start jumping to conclusions that nothing is for free or whatever.

For the time being, keep the discussion to IF there is some ToT, what level it can be or most probably, it would be just an overhauling and rebuilt factory, just like old times.

I believe something must have been lost in translation or cooked up. Perhaps the "production" in "production ToT" was just a misinterpretation and passed on from the guy who made that assumption. Plain "ToT" makes more sense, which is also what I read in some Chinese articles. Even a transfer of software codes enabling PAF to integrate other systems can be counted as ToT.

Chengdu J-10 (Jian-10 Fighter aircraft 10) / F-10
There has been much speculation on the development of China's J-10 fighter. Many suggested the aircraft's design was based on the Lavi- the unsuccessful attempt by Israel to develop an indigenous F-16 fighter. Only in December 2006 did China officially acknowledged the fielding of the J-10, when the PLA Air Force (PLAAF) released videos and photos of the aircraft via China Central Television (CCTV) and Xinhua News Agency. By then, it was apparent that the J-10 has the potential of becoming one of the most significant fighters in the next few decades.

Initial development of the J-10 began in October 1988. Originally the aircraft was to be an air superiority fighter. The 1980s saw a number of similar aircraft designs featuring a main delta-wing and canards. The delta-wing, a triangular wing platform, offers two important aerodynamic qualities to a combat aircraft. First, the swept leading edge of a delta-wing stays ahead of the shock wave generated by the nose of the aircraft during supersonic flight, making delta-wing a very efficient aerodynamic wing shape for supersonic flight. And secondly, the leading edge of delta-wing also generates a massive vortex that attaches itself to the upper surface of the wing during high angle-of-attack (AOA) maneuvers resulting in very high stall points. Additionaly, the delta-wing offers increased survivability by having increased structural and airflow stability.

By 1993 the Chinese possessed an all-metal mockup of the J-10. Wind tunnel testing revealed potential problems with low-speed performance and less than expected maximum AOA at subsonic speeds. At the time, there was an ongoing trend in fighter aircraft development that moved the development of single-purpose fighters such as high-speed interceptor or low-altitude dogfighters to polifunctional aircraft that combined subsonic and supersonic air-to-air performance with air-to-ground capabilities. Increasing demands for air-to-ground operations called for an in-depth redesign of the J-10 to accommodate terrain-following radar, more and sturdier hardpoints, and entirely new targeting, flight control and navigation systems.

The first test flight of the J-10 came in 1996 with the help of a Russian made AI-31FN turbofan engine. It would take two years, however, before the J-10 had a successful test flight. By 1999 China had six prototypes: four of them used for flight testing and two for static tests. By late 2000 there were nine J-10 prototypes accumulating over 140 flight hours. The first flight of the pre-production model took place on June 28, 2002. In early 2003 ten J-10s were deployed to Nanjing Military Region for training and operational evaluation.

Development would not stop, however, as China also began to construct two-seat versions of the J-10 for training and air-to-ground roles. This two-seat J-10B fighter-trainer aircraft successfully flew in 2003. Preliminary designs for two new versions of the J-10 featuring single and twin engines and LO geometry were also completed.

Low-rate initial production of the J-10 was authorised in 2002, with the initial run of fifty aircraft to be fitted with Russian AL-31F engines. The J-10 is expected to achieve initial operating capability in the 2005 to 2006 timeframe, initially entering service with the 44th Aviation Division based in Sichuan Province. The PLAAF initially was estimated to have a total requirement of 300 aircraft, but this may be reduced to less than 100 as a result of the introduction of the more capable Su-30MK multirole fighter.

As the Chinese continue to develop and improve the J-10 it becomes clear they are interested in expanding its air-to-ground capability, thus moving from the original concept of a tactical air defense fighter to a multirole fighter-bomber. The change in Chinese reporting of the J-10, from the "Jian-10" ("Fighter-10") to the "Qian Shi-10" ("Attack 10") is proof of this intended move.

Russian involvement in the J-10 program was not limited to the AI-31FN turbojet engine, but also included offers for advanced multifunction radars, navigation and targeting systems, ECM suite, and missile warning and defense systems. For the J-10, the Chinese will most likely adopt the Phazotron RP-35 "Zhemchug," which is an X-band radar with digital fire-control sensors and an electronically scanning phased-array antenna. The radar features a liquid-cooled travelling wave tube transmitter; an exciter; a three channel microwave reciever and programmable signal and data processors. All critical radar controls for "Zemchug" are integrated into the aircraft's throttle grip and stick controller, and radar data is displayed via the head-up and head-down displays allowing for one-man operation.

The production of the J-10 has forced China to quickly adapt to current developmental trends; in addition to utilizing other technologies (Russia, Israel) for the benefit of its final product. The results are promising. Not only does the J-10 pose a risk to the Russian fighter export market, but it considerably boosts the Chinese air force's tactical offensive capabilities, especially vis-a-vis Taiwan.

Chinese Aircraft - J-10

i personally feel that J 10 Vegarous Dragon is far more superior than F 16 Fighting Falcon in Electronically, Radars , Missile hardpoints, Avionics and superior manuveriblity.

i personally feel that J 10 Vegarous Dragon is far more superior than F 16 Fighting Falcon in Electronically, Radars , Missile hardpoints, Avionics and superior manuveriblity.

well we will judge it when we get our hands on this bird

Back
Top Bottom