What's new

J-10 a strategic choice for Bangladesh Air Force

The Ronin

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
By Ashiqur Rahman ©

upload_2020-4-23_17-25-32.png

https://www.defseca.com/procurement...nc5_pcGAsaGJdck1fpQwIwPfJEXhi8zqIwxQrVWyqcL50

I think the J-10 is a little late to the show now.
It would have made sense 5 years ago but no longer.

2 squadrons of Eurofighter makes sense to face off MAF but buying six squadrons of J-10s to deter India is not sensible as it is already 2020, and the Chinese look like they will have their 5th gen J-31 ready for export by the middle part of this decade.

Buy a 4+ gen fighter from West and a 5th gen one from China for the 2020s I say.

Nice article.

How long will we have to wait to find out what BAF is gonna do?

I dont think china will sell J10 to Bangladesh. Maybe in a low spec version.

4 Squadrons of JF 17 Block 3 armed with PL 15,PL 10, C802AK and Raptor 3 are good enough for BD

Let them buy what they want from west and let taste the sanctions when they don't toe their line, also why we sell our top of the line JFT B-3 to these Pakistan haters and Indian lovers??

I dont think china will sell J10 to Bangladesh. Maybe in a low spec version.

BD is in dilusion that J-10CE is not on par with 4++ gen birds which is not true as just like F-16 it is Chinese testbed for 5th gen bird systems and now also have those in latest versions.

Let them buy what they want from west and let taste the sanctions when they don't toe their line, also why we sell our top of the line JFT B-3 to these Pakistan haters and Indian lovers??

BD is not stupid country unlike some others that got sanctioned before.

BAF fighter fleet will be Western/Chinese mix.

BA is buying from West/Turkey/China.

BD thinks decades ahead, be it economy or military and always keeping in mind maximum sovereignty.

Last edited:
BD is not stupid country unlike some others that got sanctioned before.

BAF fighter fleet will be Western/Chinese mix.

BA is buying from West/Turkey/China.

BD thinks decades ahead, be it economy or military and always keeping in mind maximum sovereignty.

Time will tell about BD.

Also why BD is not buying Tejas from India?? Its very advance plane with western systems and weapons.

Relax.
JF 17 isn't even in our choice list. Myanmar Airforce flies it.They would know the jet inside out.And they're our immediate threat.
So choosing JF17 will be suicide for BD.

Relax.
JF 17 isn't even in our choice list. Myanmar Airforce flies it.They would know the jet inside out.And they're our immediate threat.

Burma never bought JFT, they bought FC-1 which is pure Chinese version and different from PAF JFTs I many ways.

Also its better that we keep out top of line stuff away from BD.

Relax.

It works both way as BD would also know JF-17 inside out.

The real issue is that China may take Myanmar's side in any conflict but the corona issue will put China on the defensive and so they may stay neutral.

Time will tell about BD.

Also why BD is not buying Tejas from India?? Its very advance plane with western systems and weapons.

Already happening with BA as major weapons systems from West/Turkey and China will flow in this year and next. Contracts signed last year for these purchases.

BAF will also follow the same pattern of procurements.

Back
Top Bottom