Votes: 27 20.5%
  • American F-35

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • None of above ,I like flies

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Both Turkish and Chinese

Votes: 61 46.2%

• Total voters
For the 5th gen---I would stick with the J31---the project is flying---it is way ahead of the Turkish 5th gen---I would keep some investment and manpower on the Turkish program.

Now---there are 2 ways to look at Paf acquiring the 5th gen---. They should go for it now---it would be far superior to what the enemy can come up with---ie the su30's---the m2k's---the mig29's or the rafales---.

Which would then make the enemy acquire the 5th gen as well from their source---. Which would mean---that your pilots would be ahead of the enemy pilots in training and operation of a 5th gen aircraft---and by the time the enemy 5th gen hits their runways---your 5th gen would be ready for ' newer ' upgrades---and that will keep you ahead of the game---.
I agree and it seems that you are thinking the same way as PAF top brass has been planning. Their apparent inaction or unwillingness to acquire a 4.5 gen or heavy A/C has been due to the fact that they have been tipped off by China about the fast paced development of J-31 as per my knowledge PAF is quite happy with the overall performance and progress of the program and since J-20 may become the main stay of PLAAF, PAF will be happy with J-31s and even get a few J-20 for a specific role. The early acquisition and induction of the 5th gen A/C will put PAF in lead after a long time in subcontinent and PAF will gain most of the ground it lost and quickly integrating the system J-31 into PAF will all the systems, weapons and doctrine will give them an edge keeping in mind that Rafale will be inducted in IAF around the same time when PAF will be busy with J-31 thanks to Chinese acceleration..

PAF should join TFX program for the sake of experience in design and development and a token money of 200-500 million dollars should be okay.. and if PAF joins TFX, it can be transformed into 5.5 gen A/C by incorporating the latest tech, BAE and Thales can offer in addition to the local Turkish companies like ASELSAN etc. That experience can be utilised by PAF when it will plan for the successor of its 5th gen A/Cs i.e. 6th gen ..A/C so that's why TFX is a great opportunity and induction of TFX along with J-31 will make PAF perhaps the only other AF after USAF to operate two 5th gen A/C side by side.

Last edited:
when are we going to join ...
this is a must thing to get the latest technology in coming years ....we must have to learn and make engines , frame and every single thing locally ...
in jf-17 we are just assembling the plane .....
where are the likes of those intelligent people who run covert operations to get nuclear technology ....
whereas it is clear america is not going to sell you weapons and even if they or Europe or Russia do its too costly ....we need to enter into this like we did in case of atomic bombs .....
we can also get into the project with china in the meantime ....the more the merrier ....
local production comes without any strings attached , we can make per our needs and also this is the future , we can be the weapons exporter in the next decade .....

My approach is both

• Purchase 2 Squadrons of J-31 , to help mature that platform (Attain within 1-2 years and refine to Block 2 by 2021)
  • Invest in the TFX project , for a alternative strategy (8 year projection)
  • Designing a 5th Generation plane from scratch 100% cost would be high no doubt (Local Path)

It would make sense to be part of the J-31 , platform since we are already connected to China , and help mature this platform it can be integrated immediately , and Chinese can help develop the Block 2 of this Jet , of course we would benefit when that happens. (32-40 Fighters). The J-31 is "flying in air"

Now the Turkish project looks interesting however , folks have stated it will take 7-8 years for it to finish. Investment $$ from Pakistan side would make sense put $$$$ commitment into project no brainer this is being designed from scratch so will take time.

Hopefully around 2025 , we can be confident which platform is ideal to replace F16 Jets we have
ACM Sohail aman made clear that the 5th Generation platform will be indigenous

JF-17 has no other "foreign" components other than the engine. The rest is all pakistani and chinese, the two developers of the jet.

Engine, AESA radar, EW, ECM etc.. on a 4th gen fighter can be integrated on a 5th gen.
If we put WS13E on it, just like we do with FC31 BLK2. JF17 is wholly owned by China and Pakistan.

I agree and it seems that you are thinking the same way as PAF top brass has been planning. Their apparent inaction or unwillingness to acquire a 4.5 gen or heavy A/C has been due to the fact that they have been tipped off by China about the fast paced development of J-31 as per my knowledge PAF is quite happy with the overall performance and progress of the program and since J-20 may become the main stay of PLAAF, PAF will be happy with J-31s and even get a few J-20 for a specific role. The early acquisition and induction of the 5th gen A/C will put PAF in lead after a long time in subcontinent and PAF will gain most of the ground it lost and quickly integrating the system J-31 into PAF will all the systems, weapons and doctrine will give them an edge keeping in mind that Rafale will be inducted in IAF around the same time when PAF will be busy with J-31 thanks to Chinese acceleration..

PAF should join TFX program for the sake of experience in design and development and a token money of 200-500 million dollars should be okay.. and if PAF joins TFX, it can be transformed into 5.5 gen A/C by incorporating the latest tech, BAE and Thales can offer in addition to the local Turkish companies like ASELSAN etc. That experience can be utilised by PAF when it will plan for the successor of its 5th gen A/Cs i.e. 6th gen ..A/C so that's why TFX is a great opportunity and induction of TFX along with J-31 will make PAF perhaps the only other AF after USAF to operate two 5th gen A/C side by side.

According to a recent NYT article, President Trump's primary objective is to "Make China Great Again". Most of the folks now agree he hasn't disappointed so far. Pak is with the winners...

Since USA had quited the TPP, most of ASEAN countries will go for RCEP. China is rising unstoppable.

BAE has very profound know how in 5th fighter development. If it was not the arm embargo of NATO, maybe China/turkey/Pakistan/UK will work on FC31 together. FC31 is a existing platform with decent fuselage, all you need to do is to put a fine engine on it and advanced EW/avionics. I'm a huge supporter for EU to break apart, so China will stand a big chance.

TF-X stealth figter will be shaped over the twin engine concept design studies done by TAI and according to officials, TF-X will be one of the best 5th generation stealth fighter in terms of technology and will offer great capabilities for Middile-East and Asian ally&brother states.

C1RP0PcUUAAC5-3.jpg

Obviously TFX would be trend setter , as it will be the newest Stealth fighter on market by 2025
It would certainly be newer then the J-31 platform which is some what based off the F-35 from external body of plane prespective

Initially the Partner companies might attain bulk of the crafts
  • Turkish Airforce (200-300) Units
  • UK Might get (100-400) Units
However I do see potential that Pakistan Airforce could benefit with order of 100 Units to retire its fleet of remaining old generation planes. Certainly also participating in active project from start is fantastic prospect

Obviously the decision to "officially be tied to the project has to be announced"

However strategically would make sense to invest , time and money in both J-31 and TFX from Pakistan Airforce's prespective

J-31 will answer our immediate needs for strategic asset , in combat , while TFX is a bit distant solution coming after 7-8 years (Which is a bit far away etc)

Was just curious as to what will happen to the Typhoon platform which UK operates is that being replaced ?

Last edited:
Since USA had quited the TPP, most of ASEAN countries will go for RCEP. China is rising unstoppable.

BAE has very profound know how in 5th fighter development. If it was not the arm embargo of NATO, maybe China/turkey/Pakistan/UK will work on FC31 together. FC31 is a existing platform with decent fuselage, all you need to do is to put a fine engine on it and advanced EW/avionics. I'm a huge supporter for EU to break apart, so China will stand a big chance.

Hi,

FC31 is a fine aircraft---with the WS13 engine and the EW package available to it---it do very well in the Paf colors---.

Hi,

A better solution would have been to have leased 2 sqdrn's of the J10B's from china for an 8-10 years lease---to fill in for the immediate need .

Hi,

FC31 is a fine aircraft---with the WS13 engine and the EW package available to it---it do very well in the Paf colors---.

Hi,

A better solution would have been to have leased 2 sqdrn's of the J10B's from china for an 8-10 years lease---to fill in for the immediate need .
InshaAllah we'll see (T+P)FX in PAF colors too!! At the least for your sake!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
But don't u people think that because of our JF-17 program of CAC-PAC, it is now became very very hard for us to join technologically a very advanced joint program of UK-TURKEY (TFX).

Co's BAE-UK, technologically leading/superior partner in this program might not want it's advanced 5th generation jet technologies/knowledge go to China in any way, because what ever we learn/get there, we will definitely try to incorporate it in our JF-17 future blocks with the help of China-CAC.

It will definitely be a concern for UK if not for Turkey.

So, the time to join the program is gone now.
We missed the train.

Back
Top Bottom