Votes: 27 20.5%
  • American F-35

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • None of above ,I like flies

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Both Turkish and Chinese

Votes: 61 46.2%

• Total voters
What's your peoples' response of Donald Trump banning Muslim travel to USA?

Hah hah, UK is a free rider I think? Definitely Turkey can sell the TFX tech to Pakistan. I say Turkey is very ambitious and push it very aggressively.
Being aggressive and fast riders are in the DNA of the Turkish folks - be it Attila the Han, Mehmet the Conqueror or Selim the Terror...

Being aggressive and fast riders are in the DNA of the Turkish folks - be it Attila the Han, Mehmet the Conqueror or Selim the Terror...
Lot to learn from the Brave Turkish History, Always Expert Riders and great fighters.

Hmm, Britain (and specifically BAE) is already committed to the F-35 program and this (together with other political factors) would make it seem this is unlikely to be a significant investment. As a matter of fact Turkey is also an investor in the F-35 program and have ordered some as well.

As per Janes the investment amount is $100 mn - which is peanuts in Fighter development.

http://www.janes.com/article/67322/turkey-and-uk-agree-to-develop-new-fighter-aircraft

According to the Turkish media, the details of the contract are as follows:
  • BAE is at the consultant role for this 7b$ project for 20 years.
  • All the technologies related to Eurofighter Typhoon will be transferred as the starting platform.
  • Engine will be developed based on Rolls-Royce EJ200. Dual engine with long haul super cruise.
  • Turkish engineers will take part all levels of development of aerodynamics, fuselage, engine, electronics, electrical systems etc.
  • Turkish side will own all source codes and intellectual properties, and gain all the rights to manufacture and export to the third countries.
  • UK side can transfer the systems developed for TFX to Eurofighter.
  • 250 fighters are planned. First flight in 2023. Enter into service by 2030.
  • TAI-TUSAS facilities will be used for productions.
  • ASELSAN will provide GaN based radars etc.

Link please.

Yes please link

Is UK /Raf going to buy? no does not look like from the statement, its only tAI and bae contract please advise

the tile is misleading "
UK has joined Turkish 5th Generation Fighter-Program
;)

Britain and Turkey have signed a £100 million-plus contract to collaborate on Turkey’s next-generation fighter program, the TFX. The deal was announced by Prime Minister Theresa May and Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim on May’s ongoing visit to Turkey.

The contract is between Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) and BAE Systems.

The Chief Executive of BAE Systems, Ian King, celebrated the deal by stating:

BAE Systems is a leader in designing, manufacturing and supporting fighter aircraft and is in an excellent position to contribute technical and engineering expertise and experience of managing complex projects to this key Turkish programme … The agreement confirms ongoing collaborative work on the design and development of the aircraft. (BAE Systems)

It's time for Pakistan to forget the Chinese platform and look towards Turkey as a permanent platform and J-31 should be considered as a stop-gap measure,It was reported in august that PAF had been requested to join the 5th generation platform.
It would be a great learning curve for Pakistan's aviation industry,the stealth technology applied to this 5th generation platform could be used in the future in Pakistan's potential platforms given TOT agreements take place.
Pakistan should start pouring money and collaboration into this program for its own sake.
We need to have a strong aviation industry and rely less on foreign solutions rather should be increasing our focus towards achieving self-reliance,JF-17 might've been a great step towards self-reliance but let's get real ,The primary reason for JF-17 is a stop-gap measure until the 5th Generation platform.
It seems all is going well for Pakistan air force and the usual cries of Su-35 and Rafael Tornados seems to be going down the drain (Now understandably).

All requested to share their opinions

There is a high possibility that Pakistan will go for Non export variant ,The J-20..
We're one countries anyway ,Now with cpec 80% of Chinese oil will go through our ports in the next centuries :pakistan::china:
Hi I think there isn't any possibility of j20 for export as this can be judged from Americans f22 they are not ready to sell even to their near and dear partners for them they have introduced f35
So bro I would say for near and dear of China will be j31 after its mututrity asap
Now it depends on Pakistani how fast they want to mature this platform for their benefit

If you look into to the news...You will see that Murat Gürgen from HaberTürk is cited.
http://www.haberturk.com/ekonomi/te...a-250-ucak-alip-savas-teknolojisi-getirecegiz

Again when you read his news...he is not referring to any source for his claims... like he is not even saying "according to SSM officials" (I mean even not an anonymous source)

And he comes with Supercruise, integrated weapon bays, etc.....

Also, His 7 Billion for 250 TF-X claim is bullshit.

So, the difference between me and him is. He is writing in a newspaper and i'm writing in a forum. Though i'm being more responsible in the terms of credibility, compared to him.

Thanks sir,That is well established..
Do you think PAF will participate in the TFX program? what do you have to say about operating both Chinese and Turkish 5th Generation jets?
I know we Pakistanis suffer from Inferiority complex and bad decision making which apparently runs rampant in our nation..
Is it viable to operate two Platforms for the PAF ? Will it be a operational quandary ?
I'm sure we're all well aware that ,If we have to attain some sort of air-superiority against our rivals which out-numbers us...We need to have both these jets in our Ranks @MastanKhan
To my knowledge, PAF is already signed up with the Turks on the project, but this is not the only option on the cards.

Back
Top Bottom