What's new

It's Official :: Sri Lanka rejects Pakistan's JF-17 and shows interest in India's LCA

And yet india is 8 times bigger than Pakistan, has all the help from Russia and the western world. Has their full backing with access to all the latest foreign technologies and expertise. And yet, unlike the great China, india is still not a superpower or a major global power. Pakistan has only the assistance of 1 nation, China. Not dozens like india. That is the height of hypocrisy.
Thats the valid question you have raised,why the north korea and Pakistan have only support of China and not any western power.

Thats the valid question you have raised,why the north korea and Pakistan have only support of China and not any western power.

Don't know about North Korea. Can't speak on their behalf. But in the long term I think it's in Pakistan's best self interest that we avoid too much in terms of relationship and other dealings with the west. It has damaged us a lot before and will do potentially again. All Pakistan needs to do is use Chinese assistance and help in becoming a self sufficient nation.

Last edited:
with production rate of 3 aircrafts per year and one squadron with one aircraft operational, India will be able to meet Sri Lankan requirements by 23rd century.

wonder how a jet is chosen by Sri Lankens which is not even offered for export and has not even filled IAF ranks yet? makes sense to Indian logic for sure.

Official? How? Did Sri Lankan government make an announcement in that regards. If it's a figment of imagination of an Indian (I doubt that though because most of Indians are without a normally functional brain), how the guy, I wonder, missed claiming that Sri Lanka has already signed an agreement with India for getting the LCA when, if at all, it starts flying. Many Indians will claim that LCA is already flying. Right? But they were also claiming that JFT didn't participated in a minor air show in Middle East to avoid facing LCA there. Their claims are for the sake of claims. They generally boast in future tense. That's their nature. But even if we, just for the sake of argument, take it at its face value, Sri Lankans should go into a prolonged slumber for another 20 years before LCA attains full airworthiness. Second, I would advise Lankans, to include a clause in the agreement to return these planes if they prove to be flying coffins. A few other countries bought Indian hellos and then grounded them all after a non-stop crashing spree by those raw machines. Lankans should at least be able to get some of their money back.

When you stated Defence Analyst , then Chinese.. and then posted a parroting argument. I stopped reading.

That being said, the Tejas WOULD have been the best in its class had it been managed properly. Currently its a half baked failed program that in no way is a fault of the design or otherwise; just bad Indian management.

Indian management messed up alright so delayed. But what it has to do this technical aspect of the program? Till now and for future Tejas is viable because project evolved as per need of modern combat. To be frank JF17 is also very of program goes beyond decade ago. But thing is it dint evolve as Tejas did because of contain with its design and airframe. At maximum we could deploy new equipments but Tejas can be derived from current airforce version to Naval fighter with enlarged levcon!!! Purely for Naval aviation from aircraft carrier to short take off

stop putting rubbish .... here

Then Sir, you must have known that CAG is just an auditing Authority,

have you ever heard the term 'PERFORMANCE AUDIT' .... ???

and its report only shows what it is given to them,

& this is what was given to them

4.jpg

and they are outdated, not the present condition.

14.jpg

The 20 FOC have been cancelled and merged with the 100 SOP 2018 standard LCA MK-1, which includes the upgrades such as AESA Radar and Aerial Refuel Pump and FOC certification.

does these upgrades address any of 53 waivers ... ??

BTW can you or anyone enlist all 33 temporary & 20 PERMANENT waivers .... ??

Do you know that LCA will be eventually powered with Kaveri derivative engine.

Simply answer this 'when' .... ???

& a secondary question related to this .... that supposed 'Kaveri derivative engine' would be better in performance & maintenance than current F-404 engine ... ???

Kindly let me know where I can read the Pakistani Auditing Authority Report equivalent to CAG.

Sir really belive me No Pakistani Authority Conduct Performance Audit of LCA because of this you have to RELY ON INDIAN AUTHORITY for this ..... so plz read this report first which is under discussion

In the end I would 'request' you kindly review the the discussion before to hit reply button ..... I am still unable to understand how in this world it is possible for Sri Lankan Air Force to use LCA for 25 years when the airframe life is limited to 1000 hr .....

this is the point where you jumped into the discussion puting rumbling & unrelated post in this thread & ignoring the basic question raised by me in previous page ....

only if you can answer this question than reply otherwise don't bother ...

report No where said That Its Service Life Is Limited only 1000 hours Only That absurd .

screenshot was posted I am quite interested to know what was said in the report

was it 2000, 3000, 10,000 hours .... ???

Its Only A ASR wavier Given at time Of IOC.

My dear what was the need to take waiver if the airframe was capable to have 2000 or 3000 hours life .... ???
& why specific waiver to limit the airframe life at 1000 hours .... ??? why not 1500 or 2000 or 2500 hours ... ??

Put a note dude:-).. Otherwise these folks take up issue on us editing their posts. Snivelling ones they are.

done ....

screenshot was posted I am quite interested to know what was said in the report

was it 2000, 3000, 10,000 hours .... ???
I Rather By word From Technical Expert On this report
It Out of Aviation Theory How Air-frame Lifetime Can Have Just 1000 Hours That Absurd
That's an utter fabrication Technically Incorrect . Considering the GE F404 engine has a total life of 4000h, is 1 engine is going to serve 4 airframes in its life?

This just isn't anything close to reality especially considering composites (that make up much of the LCA's airframe) are longer lasting than steel used in previous generations.

Sorry My Education Doesn't by this Nor Will Any Technical Aviation Expert will By my argument

I Rather By word From Technical Expert On this report
It Out of Aviation Theory How Air-frame Lifetime Can Have Just 1000 Hours That Absurd
That's an utter fabrication Technically Incorrect . Considering the GE F404 engine has a total life of 4000h, is 1 engine is going to serve 4 airframes in its life?

This just isn't anything close to reality especially considering composites (that make up much of the LCA's airframe) are longer lasting than steel used in previous generations.

Sorry My Education Doesn't by this Nor Will Any Technical Aviation Expert will By my argument

this is the issue what you people need to ponder ... not to our concern ....

& why specific waiver to limit the airframe life at 1000 hours .... ???

this is the issue what you people need to ponder ... not to our concern ....
That Not Issue Its Misinterpretation of What stated Factually Correct I rather Go with My Instinct and Knowledge on Subject Than Few Lines of that Report
Which is Clearly Not Our Area of Expertise But an Aviation Expert to Access

What I got From this report As Per My Knowledge on Subject is that CAG does not say that aircraft life is 1000 hours. It only says that fatigue test (FTS)is not performed, so aircraft usage is limited to 1000 hours as a precaution.

This situation may be tolerable for test units. However this test may have been performed subsequent to this audit.
It is needed for FOC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom