What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

A discussion on whether the way women dress has any relevance to them being assaulted or abused is still a relevant discussion today.

I'm not replying to you because I know you'll agree with my sentiment but saying it loud for the rape apologists over here:

What is the relevance of the way a woman dresses to her being assaulted or abused? ZERO.

We all know Mukhtaran Mai was a drame. Our sex crime rate is more than USA?
Give me a credible source/evidence that it was a drama.

If so called Muslims can massacre innocent children in a school, market places and buildings in suicide bombings, then they're also capable of raping and assaulting women like Mukhtaran Mai.

Laanti aurat. Promoting faahashi is her only object in this news. Still don’t understand who she pleases to get that award. Sorry I just couldn’t hold it in.

My testosterone is a biological/physiological phenomenon. It is not controllable. You cant fcuk with science
Seriously.

Stop trolling before you're handed out warnings.

Next thing you'll be justifying pedophiles, some of whom also claim that 'they can't control their urges to sexually assault children'.

You want to play monkey with nature. Thats not possible. You want women to walk around half naked and expect that my hormone level will not increase, sorry thats no the way nature works.
Your hormone levels can increase all they want - the difference between monkeys and human beings is that in the case of a human being you're expected to control your hormone levels, not go out and start raping men, women and children.

Laanti aurat. Promoting faahashi is her only object in this news. Still don’t understand who she pleases to get that award. Sorry I just couldn’t hold it in.
No, the only laanti individuals here are the men & women who abuse a woman for arguing that the way someone dresses is NOT an excuse for assaulting men, women and children.

Are you an animal or a human being, because human beings are expected to control their 'hormones' and not go around raping men, women and children because of how they dress.

@El Sidd

Offer some constructive arguments on why the way women dress justifies (or doesn't justify) sexual assault on women.

Posting music videos is not relevant here.

My take,

In Islam, to have a peaceful and modest society, both the men and women have to put their effort. Islam has strongly recommended the women to cover their adornment and at the same time asked the men to lower their gaze. People here who are recommending others to "Control you lulli" seem to just look at one aspect of the modest society: there will be many failures if only one sex is doing all the struggle for modesty.

There is the feminist movement that demands the end of all modesty in the society, whereas there are young men, who are not taught to lower their gaze. I think that this new trend of diminishing modesty in the society will cause many of our Muslim brothers and sisters to make blunders.

Hence I am extremely against the demands/opinions of women who think that clothing does not influence abuse or desires. I want that to be rectified by modest clothing by women by their own accord while men learn to lower their gaze. We cannot have one without the other!

Seriously.

Stop trolling before you're handed out warnings.

Next thing you'll be justifying pedophiles, some of whom also claim that 'they can't control their urges to sexually assault children'.
i am not justifying rape or pedophiles. I am just saying, AS A SCIENTIFIC FACT that male hormones increase when they see something sexually enticing. Can you deny my statement which is based on scientific evidence? What has trolling got to do with it ?

@El Sidd

Offer some constructive arguments on why the way women dress justifies (or doesn't justify) sexual assault on women.

Posting music videos is not relevant here.

the point of the video was simple. if one would have watched it carefully it would have given clues but you deleted it sadly after giving me the go ahead to indulge in the thread.

instead of making arguments. i presented an actual visual case study where one can make their own decision rather than anyone imposing any sets of beliefs or arguments on them.

NOTHING justifies any sort of harassment be it men or women or third gender or animals.

It is like saying seeing a gun makes me wanna go on a rampage.

:D

Married yet ? Or Postponed ?

I don't know. They look like they are wearing a uniform.

What do you think of this South Asian dress - salwar kameez :

0554967_admirable-turquoise-designer-salwar-kameez.jpeg

In India in the last 15 or so years I have seen a huge percentage, huge, of women wearing the full burqa ( with the niqab / face cover ). In my family too. Earlier the women would wear the sari or the Punjabi / Pathani salwar kameez but now they cover the salwar kameez with a burqa. Interestingly, I will say that the percentage of Indian Muslim women wearing the burqa is more than women in most Muslim-majority countries.

I don't think in Arab societies like Palestine and Syria women are that conservative. I have recently watched a vid about a protest rally in Lebanon where some women were wearing headscarf and jeans and t-shirt.

Below are some Lebanese computer programmers. Some wearing headscarf, some not :

hackers%2010.jpg

Please read this :

And please read this too :

Beautiful smile.
I think all dresses are OK as long as they are amply covering the vital organs as orderd in Islam.

Back
Top Bottom