What's new

It's a misconception that the way women dress attracts abuse: Mehwish Hayat

How is it my logic ? In an earlier post you said "that weak men will give into temptation" because "it is like testing limits of men" as well as "a woman in indecent dressing is an open invitation". I didn't put these words in your mouth you wrote them yourself. Do children also test the limits of men ? Should I also be put in jail because by driving a nice looking car I was testing the limits of a thief and was an open invitation ?

There is no need to call me a troll or show aggression towards me lol. If you want to be angry then be angry at the narrative you are pushing and justifications you are giving.
You are a dishonest person. You're miss-quoting me and just cherry picking which the dishonest and retarded trolls do all the time. You deliberately ignored my statement that regardless of women's dress still the man who harasses her is punishable.. that's because it did not fit the shit you want to spread...you filthy troll.

@war&peace ..last post wasn't meant for you..it was for someone else...n slight of mistake..it wasn't actually meant to be shared but a wrong click did the job
I was shocked but later I understood when read the last line. I would suggest if you kindly edit it and refer to the proper post or at least move this disclaimer to the top..

Last edited:
You are a dishonest person. You're miss-quoting me and just cherry picking which the dishonest and retarded trolls do all the time. You deliberately ignored my statement that regardless of women's dress still the man who harasses her is punishable.. that's because it did not fit the shit you want to spread...you filthy troll.

That's good. Call the other person a troll when you realize you've screwed up. There wasn't any need to cherry pick when your entire post can be summed up into those few words. You're blaming the rapist but you're also indirectly justifying it by saying some women test limits of men. The least you can do is just admit as to what you've said instead of taking U turns.

That's good. Call the other person a troll when you realize you've screwed up. There wasn't any need to cherry pick when your entire post can be summed up into those few words. You're blaming the rapist but you're also indirectly justifying it by saying some women test limits of men. The least you can do is just admit as to what you've said instead of taking U turns.
keep trolling, keep pulling "facts" from your other end.. troll.

Fools like Mehwish Hayat failed to read basic biology. What they need is basic biology education if they think naked women body doesn't attract man than either they are retarded or just in some idiotic delusions

No man..men control their lust everyday and every moment when they are outside...if it were the case you believe in..trust me (I apologize for saying this in advance..that's not a nice thing to say but your flawed logic demands it)..every girl would have been raped every time she stepped out of her house...So there are hell lot of men who control their lusts at every moment of their lives..so don't give me that bullshit

And regarding parda..Quran have clearly mentioned in Surat Ahzab..care to read it..just for fun...yeah unless u want to refute Quran..no one can help you
I have read that portion of the Quran, and I have came to my current understanding and thinking only after reading the Quran.
And what you said before, I am sorry to say but you might be that out of control, but not all men are animals
because Allah has given us complete control over our bodies, if one cannot control his wants and desires, then unfortunately that person is not fit to be called a human

I think you answered what I would have yourself.

1st, "okay..but..what is the solution to prevent next rape from happening????"
I don't think that that is possible, period. Not anymore than murder or larceny.

2nd, in your own words : "... it is incumbent on men to protect women."
We can all intervene if only in words for the shy and if you're too weak to
control other men, you can still control yourself, right? Or call for help?

It struck me in the on-going debate on sexual harassment in the West how
no one brought up brothers and husbands and so on. As if those women had
no help whatsoever from their male friends and relatives ... which could be in
part due to some feminist attitudes welcoming women to mistrust and despise
men but that's a side debate.

In any case, If you assault sexually any woman I am related to or friends with,
even if you are in that high office, I'll get to your sorry jazz easier and stronger
than the Talibans to Kabul. Mano a mano?

And we're back to this being a guy's problem, man to man in your own head or
man to man in a back alley.

And I won't derive the pleasure the rapist did from beating him
because that it is precisely the problem. It will be a task, not fun.

Have a great day, mate, Tay.
I think your mind is quite immature about this particular problem..look today west is convenient enough ..to discuss about the other crimes..and look into the reasons to minimize it..like why a man becomes a thief/murderer or any other criminal..It took men a lot of time to maturely discuss the reasons of these evils..But I think this rape problem is relatively new in the sense most of the rapes weren't even reported back then...so it has come out to be a major problem of present..n yes one day all you liberals will sit down and discuss why a man becomes a rapist..that is most basic question to address..if we want to tackle this evil...and when we do ask this question you will come to the conclusion i have presented to you.

Right now liberals are very easily ignoring all those reasons..and simply blaming everything on mentality..and as you have mentioned that you have failed to predict any possible scenario not only to eradicate but also to reduce this menace....That is the point of conflict here..we believe there is no problem which has no remedy...we need to look at rape just as another crime..just like theft/murder...Only then we will be able to solve this issue...unless you don't want to...????

You very conveniently say it's a man's problem....ok.. I agree as the ultimate crime is done by him..you are not willing to look..how this problem initiated in the first place.

I agree with your point about feminism.

So till you don't want to look for the causes...i would say there is definitely no way to control this evil at any level...and when God forbid another rape will occur you will simply blame it on Men.

And I know why liberals don't want to address the causes...there is very simple reason..economics....see when you promote women to roam around freely in whatever dress they want to...it has given west many main industries..which are cosmetics,fashion,night clubs/bars, and even **** and prostitute industry. Now just for a moment consider reason/causes i have mentioned and then relate them to these respective industries you will realize if all those limitations are applied...these industries will crumble down.

But I know being a liberal you don't want that to happen..so look forward for another tragic news of such nature and have a good day!!!!

I have read that portion of the Quran, and I have came to my current understanding and thinking only after reading the Quran.
And what you said before, I am sorry to say but you might be that out of control, but not all men are animals
because Allah has given us complete control over our bodies, if one cannot control his wants and desires, then unfortunately that person is not fit to be called a human
Well first of all..personal attacks are symbols of weak reasoning

Secondly..i would suggest u need to read Quran under someone' guidance..for better understanding

Now, let me put it this way...every individual has a different level of self control..It's an emotional state...Most of the men have good control over their sexual desires.Look just like being a more sensitive person is an emotional flaw..and society accepts this ..similarly love and lust are also emotions...and every man is at different level regarding to control these emotions...And this reality can't be ignored...So we have to accept this reality that there will always be such people who have less control or there are some...who control it until a foreign simulator(obscenity/vulgarity) gets it out of their control...These are the realities of this world..the sooner we accept it the sooner we will have some plan to address this evil..otherwise...what solution do u have to control rape at any level..without accepting these realities.

How can she ever know how the mindsets of the male folks work????? In this case I appreciate the Indian Minister who has asked the tourists to dress modestly and respect the Indian culture....
People like her are still mentally colonized by the British.

Tell Mehwish Hayat to stop spreading vulgarity by dancing half naked on camera. That’ll help more than her empty words :cheers:

How else will she make a living? Funny thing about women like her is the they b!tch and complain about men "objectifying" them yet will have no problem parading their sexuality around to make that cash money. :lol:

@Psychic

I think your mind is quite immature about this particular problem..look today west is convenient enough ..to discuss about the other crimes..and look into the reasons to minimize it..like why a man becomes a thief/murderer or any other criminal..It took men a lot of time to maturely discuss the reasons of these evils..But I think this rape problem is relatively new in the sense most of the rapes weren't even reported back then...so it has come out to be a major problem of present..n yes one day all you liberals will sit down and discuss why a man becomes a rapist..that is most basic question to address..if we want to tackle this evil...and when we do ask this question you will come to the conclusion i have presented to you.

Right now liberals are very easily ignoring all those reasons..and simply blaming everything on mentality..and as you have mentioned that you have failed to predict any possible scenario not only to eradicate but also to reduce this menace....That is the point of conflict here..we believe there is no problem which has no remedy...we need to look at rape just as another crime..just like theft/murder...Only then we will be able to solve this issue...unless you don't want to...????

You very conveniently say it's a man's problem....ok.. I agree as the ultimate crime is done by him..you are not willing to look..how this problem initiated in the first place.

I agree with your point about feminism.

So till you don't want to look for the causes...i would say there is definitely no way to control this evil at any level...and when God forbid another rape will occur you will simply blame it on Men.

And I know why liberals don't want to address the causes...there is very simple reason..economics....see when you promote women to roam around freely in whatever dress they want to...it has given west many main industries..which are cosmetics,fashion,night clubs/bars, and even **** and prostitute industry. Now just for a moment consider reason/causes i have mentioned and then relate them to these respective industries you will realize if all those limitations are applied...these industries will crumble down.

But I know being a liberal you don't want that to happen..so look forward for another tragic news of such nature and have a good day!!!!

Well first of all..personal attacks are symbols of weak reasoning

Secondly..i would suggest u need to read Quran under someone' guidance..for better understanding

Now, let me put it this way...every individual has a different level of self control..It's an emotional state...Most of the men have good control over their sexual desires.Look just like being a more sensitive person is an emotional flaw..and society accepts this ..similarly love and lust are also emotions...and every man is at different level regarding to control these emotions...And this reality can't be ignored...So we have to accept this reality that there will always be such people who have less control or there are some...who control it until a foreign simulator(obscenity/vulgarity) gets it out of their control...These are the realities of this world..the sooner we accept it the sooner we will have some plan to address this evil..otherwise...what solution do u have to control rape at any level..without accepting these realities.
First of all, I personally attacked no one? care to point it out?

Second of All, I do not need anyone's guidance to understand the Quran, the Quran is mostly easily understandable, all of this is due to the fact that people stopped reading and understanding the Quran, and started following the mullahs and scholars, who for the most part are mostly rapists and molesters themselves.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if one controls himself he is called a human, if one cannot control himself he is not a human. You cannot justify a criminal based on "he had less self control, so he raped someone, please let him go" .

In order to achieve an ideal society, we need to punish the rapist, not force the woman to cover up, get it?

Our problem remains (including me) that we look at the person first and then look at his / her argument.

What Mehwish Hayat said is like ........ taking an extreme and assuming that no matter what my dress is, every man on the street she will come across is going to prey on her, he will judge her, harass her ....... that is an extreme and grave exaggeration and misunderstanding ..... stereotyping.

You very well know that some of us do get distracted by the attire ...... its natural. So her logic fails. She is a media personality and it may not matter to her but for any ordinary girl trying to wear tight revealing clothes is not a sane decision .......... and believe me its not Pakistani men only ,,,,,,, I have seen men from most open society acting more weird than us.
She knows exactly what she's doing by dressing the way she does. She makes money doing that (which says alot) while also stating from the same mouth that men shouldn't objectify women who dress provocatively? Are you kidding me? :lol:

She knows exactly what she's doing by dressing the way she does. She makes money doing that (which says alot) while also stating from the same mouth that men shouldn't objectify women who dress provocatively? Are you kidding me? :lol:

Wait for that "Me too" list of lollywood or whatever they call Pakistani film and media industry.

Interestingly by now she should have realised (being a open media personality) ...... the reality. Anyhow.

We had Aneeta Ayub, we had Shahida Munni, we had Salma Agha ..... they did what they wanted but didn't try making it a norm for everyone else.

Wait for that "Me too" list of lollywood or whatever they call Pakistani film and media industry.

Interestingly by now she should have realised (being a open media personality) ...... the reality. Anyhow.

We had Aneeta Ayub, we had Shahida Munni, we had Salma Agha ..... they did what they wanted but didn't try making it a norm for everyone else.
People like her are selfish attention seekers who only want to fulfill their own desires at the expense of society and then virtue signal about how righteous they themselves are for standing up for women and shove their filth down everyone else's throats.

Any sane person can easily deduce that she is promoting the break-down of all traditional morality within Pakistani society by encouraging young impressionable girls to emulate her behavior.

First of all, I personally attacked no one? care to point it out?

Second of All, I do not need anyone's guidance to understand the Quran, the Quran is mostly easily understandable, all of this is due to the fact that people stopped reading and understanding the Quran, and started following the mullahs and scholars, who for the most part are mostly rapists and molesters themselves.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, if one controls himself he is called a human, if one cannot control himself he is not a human. You cannot justify a criminal based on "he had less self control, so he raped someone, please let him go" .

In order to achieve an ideal society, we need to punish the rapist, not force the woman to cover up, get it?
1. when u blamed me, not having personal control.

2.This is the biggest misconception...that 1 can read and understand Quran all by himself...let me tell u just now coming to office i was listening to translation of Quran...and what a coincidence..that the Ayat being recited was about this particular matter....the gist of that verse is that we should...learn Quran from someone who has knowledge about it..if any person will try to seek that understanding individually then there is quite a chance that he may not understand complete meaning or he can't fathom that topic in entirety of it's sense..bcoz Quran's verses are linked with each other and 1 ayat is act as an explanation of other ayat.

And logically..when u can't understand worldly books on your own..you hire tutors and pay huge fee to institutions..why can't you just read those books at home...are u suggesting you are dumb enough to understand books written by men but intellectual enough to understand book of God all by yourself???Miss put this ego aside and stop drawing wrong conclusions just based on your own level of understanding..it will ruin you and you won't even know.

And again you have gave a sweeping statement about all the religious leaders...just like you have given it about men...so stop generalizing things...there are definitely very serious problems which need to be sorted out..but that doesn't mean..every religious leader is a wehshi darinda...it is apparent your thoughts are much driven by your hate..than logic....As far as non religious persons are concerned they also do similar crimes and on a much larger scale.

And no miss... i have never said he should be let go..i am advocating punishment along with steps to control the causes..but you are just ignoring causes...all our point of difference is can we control this disease in any possible way..or atleast reduce it significantly...you have failed to give any solution here..n your believe that everything is because of mentality..well that's the excuse to not accept the realities...But i am,on other hand, advocating that if the measures which i have mentioned earlier are taken..then we can control at least those persons who haven't just become the criminal....and any obscene agent can drive them on the wrong path..if we control these agents which stimulate them,then there will be a dramatic decrease in such cases.

And advising to cover up body isn't anything to be forced...it isn't blaming the victim..it is all about taking precautionary measures...to avoid such incidents....I mean it's really funny when people take precautionary measures to protect every materialistic measure...whether it's home/car/jewlery or anything else...but when it comes to protect women's honor..then simply blame on men n deem no precautionary measure should be taken...Following your logic no man should have put locks and doors on his home/vaults/cars as..it's the mentality of criminal..and no protection should be taken against such mentality....It's a shame,being a women you put more value to the protection of materialistic items than on a women's honor..pathetic

People like her are selfish attention seekers who only want to fulfill their own desires at the expense of society and then virtue signal about how righteous they themselves are for standing up for women and shove their filth down everyone else's throats.

I won't call it selfishness, she has what it takes to run the show ....... but sometimes when I do something which makes me target of criticism and I am left confused judging my own action ...... at that moment either I would accept that I was wrong and need to correct my attitude and resulting actions and that the criticism is justified ...... or I would start finding excuses to justify my action and behavior. Later when I lose that position and charm and the same people who were once all around praising and encouraging my actions, start ignoring me, then I realise how worthless was my personality and it was all my youth and appetite of others that kept me at center of focus and in limelight.

Any sane person can easily deduce that she is promoting the break-down of all traditional morality within Pakistani society by encouraging young impressionable girls to emulate her behavior.

Everyone has the freedom in society to choose for themselves ........ the only thing is we shouldn't start totally blaming others for consequences of our choices.

1. when u blamed me, not having personal control.

2.This is the biggest misconception...that 1 can read and understand Quran all by himself...let me tell u just now coming to office i was listening to translation of Quran...and what a coincidence..that the Ayat being recited was about this particular matter....the gist of that verse is that we should...learn Quran from someone who has knowledge about it..if any person will try to seek that understanding individually then there is quite a chance that he may not understand complete meaning or he can't fathom that topic in entirety of it's sense..bcoz Quran's verses are linked with each other and 1 ayat is act as an explanation of other ayat.

And logically..when u can't understand worldly books on your own..you hire tutors and pay huge fee to institutions..why can't you just read those books at home...are u suggesting you are dumb enough to understand books written by men but intellectual enough to understand book of God all by yourself???Miss put this ego aside and stop drawing wrong conclusions just based on your own level of understanding..it will ruin you and you won't even know.

And again you have gave a sweeping statement about all the religious leaders...just like you have given it about men...so stop generalizing things...there are definitely very serious problems which need to be sorted out..but that doesn't mean..every religious leader is a wehshi darinda...it is apparent your thoughts are much driven by your hate..than logic....As far as non religious persons are concerned they also do similar crimes and on a much larger scale.

And no miss... i have never said he should be let go..i am advocating punishment along with steps to control the causes..but you are just ignoring causes...all our point of difference is can we control this disease in any possible way..or atleast reduce it significantly...you have failed to give any solution here..n your believe that everything is because of mentality..well that's the excuse to not accept the realities...But i am,on other hand, advocating that if the measures which i have mentioned earlier are taken..then we can control at least those persons who haven't just become the criminal....and any obscene agent can drive them on the wrong path..if we control these agents which stimulate them,then there will be a dramatic decrease in such cases.

And advising to cover up body isn't anything to be forced...it isn't blaming the victim..it is all about taking precautionary measures...to avoid such incidents....I mean it's really funny when people take precautionary measures to protect every materialistic measure...whether it's home/car/jewlery or anything else...but when it comes to protect women's honor..then simply blame on men n deem no precautionary measure should be taken...Following your logic no man should have put locks and doors on his home/vaults/cars as..it's the mentality of criminal..and no protection should be taken against such mentality....It's a shame,being a women you put more value to the protection of materialistic items than on a women's honor..pathetic
1. Sorry about that, but it was in the reaction to the absurd notion that every man would be a rapist.

2.Kindly quote that ayat please?

3. Let me just clear out a misconception, that I am not a miss, I am Mr, that may just make clear many factors about my "ego" and my "hate" for men.

4. Materialistic things do not say "do not lock us up please" they are inanimate and do not have desires whatsoever so again, the old examples of comparing women with candy, cars, gold is old and useless. Come up with something new please. Going by that logic, we should just lock women up in homes, like we do to our cars and our houses. Put them in a box and store them away, like we do to Gold. We should stop behaving like the superior race, and think that we "own" women like a common commodity, its sick.

5. Going by that logic, because mobile snatching is so common in Karachi, lets get rid of the mobile phones, k? Because the thief is tempted to do it, and he cannot control himself.

Hoes hoes walon ko kon bataiy un ki dressing?
@I.R.A
I think it is actually unfair to call her hoe. She is an actress and if she dresses or acts indecently, it should be pointed out but we cannot call her hoe because it has bad meanings unless we know for sure...but I guess people here don't know the meanings, they just think it is cool to use such terms.

But I don't know much about her so may be they are right. I heard that many actresses and models in Pakistan offer certain services and favours to the rich, wealthy and powerful business men, politicians and bureaucrats. I personally don't know about her but may be the others know who follow Pakistani entertainment industry. All I can say is that generally a lot more goes on behind the scenes / screens but still we can't say for a particular person based on this assumption unless and until we have solid evidence.

So basically there is a bias and monetary reason behind her statement. That's why I say she should not try to be a philosopher ... because it is hypocritical... so tomorrow a drug (narcotics) seller will say that drugs are okay it is just people who abuse, drug itself does not do anything.
If some women sell themselves like a piece of meat (I'm really sorry to use this term), they will be treated as such. Despite that a criminal abuser should be punished but also such women be punished for the provocation.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom