What's new

Italy warns India of European response to marines trial

What rule of law? If somali pirate capture 10 sailures. Lets say 2 italians, 6 philippino and 2 indians, our marines would save the 2 italians and the 6 philippino and have strict order to not help indian nationals. Thats best solution for both nations i think.

Even our so-called enemy Pakistan has protected and saved our citizens from the pirates.

Italian marines' case: Nato warns India, calls for 'appropriate resolution' - The Times of India
Itallian-marines.jpg

BRUSSELS: Natowarned India on Wednesday that using anti-terrorism legislation to try two Italian marinesaccused of killing two Indian fishermen would undermine international efforts to combat piracy.
India has announced its Supreme Courtwill hold a hearing next week on whether to charge marines Massimiliano Latorreand Salvatore Gironeunder its maritime security law, provoking criticism from the European Unionand Italian authorities.
The two men have been living in the Italian embassy in New Delhi.
Nato ( North Atlantic Treaty Organization) chief Anders Fogh Rasmussenon Wednesday called for an "appropriate resolution".
"I am personally very concerned about the situation of the two Italian sailors. I am also concerned by the suggestion that they could be tried for terrorism offences," he told a news conference in Brussels.
"This could have possible negative implications for the international fight against piracy. A fight which is in all of our interest."
Nato leads a counter-piracy mission in the Indian ocean.
The two marines, part of a military security team protecting the tanker Enrica Lexiefrom pirates, are accused of shooting the two fishermen after mistaking them for pirates off Keralain February 2012.
India's attorney general said on Friday the two would be tried for the deaths of the fishermen under the anti-piracy and anti-terrorism law but that the death penalty available under that legislation would not be imposed.
The Supreme Court is due to hold a hearing on February 18 to decide whether to validate or reject the attorney general's request.
Again bad reporting by Indian Media nowhere in the whole news there is anything said about a warning issued by NATO.

And as far as that guy markus is concerned, he has gone far more racist then the civilized Europeans claims about their rich and prosperous civilization.
Italy and EU can't do jack even if the marines are sentenced to death by the SC of India. Remember what happened in the case of devyani when she faced mistreatment by the US security guards, India started taking tough actions against the US diplomats affecting the Indo-US ties making Pentagon really upset on the US authorities for mishandling of the case. If the Italian topmost authority doesn't respects the Supreme Court of India then they can't ask India for any favor over any matter.

Last edited:
Nein war noch nicht. Meine Freundin will mal da hin...ich aber nicht. Das soll alles dreckig sein dort. Außerdem finde ich deren Hautfarbe absolut eklig.

That is a very interesting comment to make given the fact that you have skin colour similar to that of an average Indian ( darker than North Indians ).

That is a very interesting comment to make given the fact that you have skin colour similar to that of an average Indian ( darker than North Indians ).

I've had similar impression. I thought that an Indian was trolling as Italian.

I've had similar impression. I thought that an Indian was trolling as Italian.

I´m not racist. Racism would mean i´m against a certain race, which i´m not. Indian is not a race but a nationality.

I find it funny to read all this bullshit here and i would like to know how indians want normalize relations with us. No nationalistic bullshit anymore, what steps should be done from both sides to find back to normal relations?

Another issue must also be noted, these marines came back to India voluntarily, when they really didn't have to.

They did not come back voluntarily. They were allowed to leave India on the basis of an affidavit by the Italian ambassador to India. When they reneged on the promise the SC of India initiated proceedings against the ambassadors, he was stopped from leaving the country. After that Italy decided to send the marines back. Italy is playing it wrong all along.

Again bad reporting by Indian Media nowhere in the whole news there is anything said about a warning issued by NATO.

And as far as that guy markus is concerned, he has gone far more racist then the civilized Europeans claims about their rich and prosperous civilization.
Italy and EU can't do jack even if the marines are sentenced to death by the SC of India. Remember what happened in the case of devyani when she faced mistreatment by the US security guards, India started taking tough against the US diplomats affecting the Indo-US ties making Pentagon really upset on the US authority for the mishandling of the case. If the Italian topmost authority doesn't respects the Supreme Court of India then they can't ask India for any favor over any matter.

Italy and EU can't do jack even if the marines are sentenced to death by the SC of India. Remember what happened in the case of devyani when she faced mistreatment by the US security guards, India started taking tough against the US diplomats affecting the Indo-US ties making Pentagon really upset on the US authority for the mishandling of the case. If the Italian topmost authority doesn't respects the Supreme Court of India then they can't ask India for any favor over any matter.
Indeed,at times they even put a 5year old kid to shame,no wher were in da report it shows ''Nato warning'' india,stupids.

They did not come back voluntarily. They were allowed to leave India on the basis of an affidavit by the Italian ambassador to India. When they reneged on the promise the SC of India initiated proceedings against the ambassadors, he was stopped from leaving the country. After that Italy decided to send the marines back. Italy is playing it wrong all along.
Oh really? How should we play it right?

Oh really? How should we play it right?

Let me tell you how you are playing it wrong.

1. First you contested that they shouldn't face trial in India.
2. Then you tried for an out of court settlement by paying blood money to the families of the victim, a clear contempt of the legal system in India.
3. The marines were allowed to leave India in good faith, you broke that.
4. Refusing to let other crew members travel to India for their testimony.

We respect your laws, your judiciary, your people. You respect ours'. That is the only way.
That does not bring our marines back home close to their families.

Let me tell you how you are playing it wrong.

1. First you contested that they shouldn't face trial in India.
2. Then you tried for an out of court settlement by paying blood money to the families of the victim, a clear contempt of the legal system in India.
3. The marines were allowed to leave India in good faith, you broke that.
4. Refusing to let other crew members travel to India for their testimony.

Do you honestly think we will send other italians to india and allow india to take more hostages? Thats not an option. Beside that, none of the others want travel to india. Its a free decssion they make themself.

Our marines did not break good faith, they came back in time.

Back
Top Bottom