What's new

Italy to send marines back to India

right and I will also add to it, nor under geneva convention neither under vienna convention one can let go the accused so freely I guess. So under which convention were they allowed to go that italy later on talks about Vienna convention?

Italy raised the matter of the Vienna Convention only wrt the Ambassador.
The Marines are not covered by it; nothing Diplomatic about them :D
The Marines maybe covered by some "Sicilian Convention" :lol: Even the Geneva Convention is not applicable here.

you know what the really funny thing is? if indians like you weren't so dumb on reading comprehension and had reviewed my posts - I was actually more supportive on india on this one though i ridiculed the govt's arresting them then letting them go for holidays and then to go vote (Italian voting can be done online anyways)

your knee-deep inferiority complex and your lack of employment has you in all BUT the right places :laugh:

Hahahaha What an imbecile! They were on a bail dumbass!

Inferiority complex? Hahahaha such a loosely used word :/ Inferiority complex of what exactly? A Paqi? Do you even know the meaning of the words you use, you illiterate twit!

Unemployed? lool Go to my introduction thread and see what I'm doing! I study Aeronautical Engineering at Loughborough University (8th Best uni in UK)! Not that I owe any explanation to some douchebag but we have Easter Break right now so at home :) I've been on this forum since 2010 and haven't even posted 2000 posts yet, this stuff bores me but I thought why not?

So my future looks everything BUT bleak or dull. Worry for your sort? 25% unemployment in your youth (in UK), Youth in further education (University) - Below National average, Household Income - Below national average so please mate save it for someone else! :)

The Marines maybe covered by some "Sicilian Convention" :lol: Even the Geneva Convention is not applicable here.

That is the point. When India did not follow any law while sending them twice to Italy breaching all laws later Italy wanted India to follow Vienna convention to let go the ambassador. How Biased. They would have lost all the cases. And the are still going to lose in Kerala court.

But, if it is determined that the incident took place in international waters, then they will have to be let go to be tried in Italy or ICJ.

Once Italians took that stupid decision of not sending their marines back...they put themselves in a very tricky situation. There was only two option left for them. Either fight India & hold their ground tight or submit to Indian pressure & let the marines go back to India. Now you can imagine which is more embarrassing for the Italians & would cause a dent in their image.. ??

Any how they could have not won the case because we breached the law to send them home just on trust basis and then they come up with vienna convention for the ambassador. They are still going to lose in Kerala since the killings happened in Indian water. Will an italian lawyer be on defense?

But, if it is determined that the incident took place in international waters, then they will have to be let go to be tried in Italy or ICJ.

if it had happened in Italian water only then it will be taken into italian court. I am sure it happened in Indian waters because if our officers are not backing off and doing every effort, even at the cost of tensed relations with italy that means they are sure about the scenario.

Any how they could have not won the case because we breached the law to send them home just on trust basis and then they come up with vienna convention for the ambassador. They are still going to lose in Kerala since the killings happened in Indian water. Will an italian lawyer be on defense?

Don't know about any Italian lawyer... but Harish Salve won't be defending them, for sure! :lol:

if it had happened in Italian water only then it will be taken into italian court. I am sure it happened in Indian waters because if our officers are not backing off and doing every effort, even at the cost of tensed relations with italy that means they are sure about the scenario.

The ship was sailing on an Italian flag dude.In that case it could happen in Italy, if they were not within Indian waters.

Not as simple as that. The cause of action (and the jurisdiction) arises from: nationality of accused/perpetrators, nationality/flag of the ship where the perpetrators acted, nationality of the victim(s), nationality/flag of the ship where the victims were, the nature (territorial, contigous or High Seas) of the waters where the cause of action took place.
All of this will have to be taken into consideration.

Let us see....

The ship was sailing on an Italian flag dude.In that case it could happen in Italy, if they were not within Indian waters.

Oh you have the point, but wasn't Italy conveying that they want trails to take place in ICJ. As according to them the killings happened in International waters.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom