Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Italy to bring eco-friendly tourism to G-B
By APP
Published: December 17, 2016
8SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
ISLAMABAD: Italy plans to bring sustainable, eco-friendly tourism to the mountainous region of Gilgit-Baltistan (G-B).

Italian Ambassador Stefano Pontecorvo, speaking at a seminar on Social Economic Environment Development (SEED) organised by Ev-K2-CNR Pakistan, on Friday said that the Central Karakoram National Park (CKNP), with its scenic beauty invites tourists from all over the world.

G-B expects 1.2m tourists next year

In this regard, he said the Italian government would work on the sustainable tourism in the region.

The G-B government, meanwhile, said it would extend its full support to the Italian government in this regard.

G-B Education Minister Ibrahim Sanai said that the Italian government’s initiative for park management and livelihood improvement would help improve the living standards of the people of G-B.

More than one million tourists visited northern areas of Pakistan this season

Ev-K2-CNR Chartered Association is an autonomous, non-profit association, which promotes scientific and technological research in mountain areas.

Published in The Express Tribune, December 17th, 2016.

We really need it... I hope road the road that goes to saiful malook is destroyed :( people are educated-illiterate here in Pakistan...

I saw khunjerab pass the green carpet is covered with plastic and shit the human eats..

We really need it... I hope road the road that goes to saiful malook is destroyed :( people are educated-illiterate here in Pakistan...

I saw khunjerab pass the green carpet is covered with plastic and shit the human eats..

well i did not wanted to say this but since the influx of domestic tourists the area has been polluted from rubbish and before 9/11 the most hotels would not accept any local tourists because they would F**ck up the whole room with garbage.
I remember when a local tourist was comming with us in a boat attabad lake and one of them started to throw rubbish the boat driver got angry and said we are illiterate and don`t throw rubbish while you are educated and still do it .
this shows how the locals are very worried and angry about pollution caused.

Hugely important as the tourism sector in that region relies more and more on domestic tourism. Even "parhe likhe" people from Lahore and Karachi behave like Jahlis when it comes to respecting the environment. If not fined the situation will deteriorate as each year passes.

Whole world is illiterate in this regard.

well i did not wanted to say this but since the influx of domestic tourists the area has been polluted from rubbish and before 9/11 the most hotels would not accept any local tourists because they would F**ck up the whole room with garbage.
I remember when a local tourist was comming with us in a boat attabad lake and one of them started to throw rubbish the boat driver got angry and said we are illiterate and don`t throw rubbish while you are educated and still do it .
The local owners or drivers of those boats pee all over there at the loading site of atabad? What about that? Have you went around it a little bit you will smell pee there near loading area..

The local owners or drivers of those boats pee all over there at the loading site of atabad? What about that? Have you went around it a little bit you will smell pee there near loading area..

No i have never seen them pee near the loading area o_Oo_O where did you get that from...

I am 100% agree with your point, we should maintain a system of monitoring by creating a local organisation or force( this will give jobs to locals) and they can monitor the visitors and can challan or fine on the tourists who are doing such rubbish things.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom