What's new

Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban

Bad analogy. Simply for the fact that no one walks into a bank or city hall with sporting gears that can be used OUTSIDE of their intended usage. For US, if you walk into the Dept. of Motor Vehicle (DMV) to get a driver's license wearing a catcher's mask and holding a baseball bat, you can bet your life that you will stopped at the door by a hostile officer. Reasonable people do not do such thing.

We are not perfect and never claimed to be. But we endowed our citizenry with far more religious freedoms today than what the world sees in the muslim world. And please do not bring up the freedoms Christians allegedly had a few hundreds years ago.

Are you reffering to say that no reasonable woman would wear the hijab??

Are you reffering to say that no reasonable woman would wear the hijab??
The same can be asked that 'No reasonable woman would wear the thong bikini?' The point here is that the mode of dress, for whatever reasons, must be able to accommodate reasonable temporary request of curtailments of personal freedoms. Asking to show one's face for identification purposes in unique circumstances are very reasonable and in no way representative of taking away religious freedom at large.

The same can be asked that 'No reasonable woman would wear the thong bikini?' The point here is that the mode of dress, for whatever reasons, must be able to accommodate reasonable temporary request of curtailments of personal freedoms. Asking to show one's face for identification purposes in unique circumstances are very reasonable and in no way representative of taking away religious freedom at large.

In Saudi Arabia 90% of women wear full hijab and carry IDs and when a police officer asks her for identification she will show her face and there you go problem solved. Simply assuming that the woman would refuse so you force her ti do something against her beliefs is wrong.

"Their country, their rules" What do you mean its their country? It is the 3rd generation of migrants now living their and still fighting for their basic rights. Last time I checked, all the protestors were british citizens. Thank you, but they are already in their country now :)

It's their country .christians are majorities...till muslims become 95% of british population,u have to follow wat rules they make....
Its a christian majority countries and they treat women as equal..when they see women with black cloths covered all their body they feel awkward.. and it also adds to security risk of europe....so they make these laws...if they dont want to follow the law then they can easily move to saudi arabia where burqa is compulsory..

BTW..in saudi arabia a western women should also wear hijab...
same like that in western country,when there is a law that does not permit to wear full faced veils then they should follow those rules....

In Saudi Arabia 90% of women wear full hijab and carry IDs and when a police officer asks her for identification she will show her face and there you go problem solved. Simply assuming that the woman would refuse so you force her ti do something against her beliefs is wrong.

So whenever a muslim women go out in europe police should lift their veils n see them...
is it possible to lift all their veils each n every place??
police doesnt have other work to do??

When a terrorist or robber does a crime..does he lift his veil n show his face to camera and say"hi" and run away??
BTW why shouldn't they wear different colors different types of clothes??
how long they should wear the same old blackkk..lol
But only males can dress however they like

A bank should not even have to ask. It should be automatically understood that such a unique circumstance demand the patron to be VOLUNTARILY reasonable. This and many other situations.

Good job Italy. A burqa isolates a woman from society, other than also posing a threat to society (suicide bombers, both men & women have hid themselves underneath the Burqa in the past). Without seeing one's face, you limit communication with your co-workers. Social scientists have proven that the majority of the communication is done subliminally, through facial expressions; less is done through verbal means. Islam is a means of liberation, not suppression or oppression. Also, the burqa is not advocated in Islam, in Hajj or prayer/namaz/salat. Burqa/niqab is a pre-Islamic Arabian practice, a cultural thing.

It's their country .christians are majorities...till muslims become 95% of british population,u have to follow wat rules they make....
Its a christian majority countries and they treat women as equal..when they see women with black cloths covered all their body they feel awkward.. and it also adds to security risk of europe....so they make these laws...if they dont want to follow the law then they can easily move to saudi arabia where burqa is compulsory..

BTW..in saudi arabia a western women should also wear hijab...
same like that in western country,when there is a law that does not permit to wear full faced veils then they should follow those rules....

In Saudi, they behead people for less. I am not proud of Saudi and have no respect for the Saudi people, but Saudi should be compared to Vatican City, not USA or any other Western European nation because of its religious importance. Seeing your attitude towards a minority group scares me that there is a huge muslim population in your country which has to deal with people like you.

Bad analogy. Simply for the fact that no one walks into a bank or city hall with sporting gears that can be used OUTSIDE of their intended usage. For US, if you walk into the Dept. of Motor Vehicle (DMV) to get a driver's license wearing a catcher's mask and holding a baseball bat, you can bet your life that you will stopped at the door by a hostile officer. Reasonable people do not do such thing.

We are not perfect and never claimed to be. But we endowed our citizenry with far more religious freedoms today than what the world sees in the muslim world. And please do not bring up the freedoms Christians allegedly had a few hundreds years ago.

I think you are missing the point I am making. Anyways, I don't have to go to a few hundred years to say christians are radicals. Look at most african christian states like Uganda.

I think you are missing the point I am making. Anyways, I don't have to go to a few hundred years to say christians are radicals. Look at most african christian states like Uganda.
And I can say Christian states are not radicals. Look at US and the Europeans. We see muslims immigrants to the West but no equal amount vice versa. Why?

What happened to the freedom of actions n crap wests sings about all the bleedin time?

Goes out of the window when you impose rules on them and their people in Muslim countries... it is called tit for tat in english.

Rules like what?not entering Mekkah? or becoming the president of Pakistan or KSA ... LMAO.

Rules like what?not entering Mekkah? or becoming the president of Pakistan or KSA ... LMAO.

No. Rules like not allowing them to wear skimpy outfits which is their wish and their way of expressing freedom, not allowed to eat food during Ramazan month in GCC countries in the open publicly even when not Muslim oneself etc. So in short Europeans are saying, "We accept your terms and conditions in your country so you've to accept ours when in our countries".

No. Rules like not allowing them to wear skimpy outfits

In which country KSA? the mekkah:rofl:

I saw them in bikinis at dubai.

which is their wish and their way of expressing freedom, not allowed to eat food during Ramazan month in GCC countries in the open publicly even when not Muslim oneself etc.

So do u guys really want to eat publically during the month of ramadan in dubai?Also there r like 150 muslim countries and these laws r implemented in 1 or 2 countries n dont effect people much..

Also we r not singing the songs of FREEDOM either right?

So in short Europeans are saying, "We accept your terms and conditions in your country so you've to accept ours when in our countries".[/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom