What's new

Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban

True but the question here is about banning burqa. It has nothing to do with who is wearing it.

Also I'm from South India. We never had a purdah system.

me too from south india....
purdah system is a alien word to me....even in my fathers grandfathers time we had no trace of "purdah" system

okay lets make it simpler for u

Does sikh turban or saree cover the faces of women like burqa...

For ur information france n other countries have banned burqa to make sure no one can hide their identity..

Now can u answer my simple question?

Bro, no need to bring women here as in many cases the burqa was worn by men to commit crime.

Bro, no need to bring women here as in many cases the burqa was worn by men to commit crime.

But it is a fact that this burqa system has helped robbers and terrorists to commit crimes...
For this reason France,Belgium n Italy is taking preventive measures

I dont particularly like the burkha. However these western governments are showing their true colours. so much for their supposed moderation and tolerance that we are always being chided about

its like saying they should ban belts because they can carry guns in them....people who look for excuses will always find excuses....

never knew of a belt that can hide guns... got a link of one? :)

This is a real security issue given we have seen several, and I mean several attacks worldwide where terrorist wear a burqa. Infact there have been attacks in Pakistan where they done so , even remember the terrorist, was it from red mosque who wore one to escape?

Security is the reason they make us remove shoes, go through metal detectors... this is ( I think it is because) is simply a security issue. don't like it, then don't live there and as I tell Americans who complain about pat downs at airports or its scanners-- don't fly, take greyhound :)

The fact is it's law which your government implemented for your own citizen safety, so you don't have to be panic. But if you have a Italian citizen and still you think you are not a Italian citizen due some government law, so it's your fault because before coming to that particular country you already know the facts after getting Italian passport you start criticizing this is awful and hypocrite.

But it is a fact that this burqa system has helped robbers and terrorists to commit crimes...
For this reason France,Belgium n Italy is taking preventive measures

Fact yes but the main question is, is it significant? Do you think most of the robbery took place because of the Burqa? Is it representative? what percentage of the total bank robberies had Burqa on? Personal freedom is a very big sacrifice for a country which has strived so much to gain it at the first place.
Now, if you have been following European politics for awhile, you will easily notice that the far right is on the rise. The ban in Burqa is a small symptom to a bigger cause. The second largest party in France now is the National Front. Yes, some people are now laughing and enjoying the ban on Burqas(which I don't support but believe its a personal choice), but the threat of the far right is more radical and dangerous.

I can understand their unease at the burka but shouldn't Italian politicians be prioritising the nation's economic state first?

Fact yes but the main question is, is it significant? Do you think most of the robbery took place because of the Burqa? Is it representative? what percentage of the total bank robberies had Burqa on? Personal freedom is a very big sacrifice for a country which has strived so much to gain it at the first place.
Now, if you have been following European politics for awhile, you will easily notice that the far right is on the rise. The ban in Burqa is a small symptom to a bigger cause. The second largest party in France now is the National Front. Yes, some people are now laughing and enjoying the ban on Burqas(which I don't support but believe its a personal choice), but the threat of the far right is more radical and dangerous.

can't explain from first again...
simple:- their country their rules...follow it or pay fines or go back to ur country where burqa is allowed....

Fact yes but the main question is, is it significant? Do you think most of the robbery took place because of the Burqa? Is it representative? what percentage of the total bank robberies had Burqa on?
No, it is not representative. But you cannot deny the reality that facial recognition is still the dominant method we have at personal identification. Not odor. Not touch. Not audio. Not ESP. But the face. The burqa under the protection of religious freedom give criminals an ADDITIONAL tool in their kits.

...(which I don't support but believe its a personal choice),...
Then just like many other personal choices we have today, we realize that under unique circumstances, temporarily we must either reduce the effects of a personal choice or do away with it completely. An open face is a reasonable temporary curtailment of a religious freedom to get a state sanctioned ID like a driver's license. An open face is a reasonable temporary curtailment of the same religious freedom to access a bank, a place where the community trust and expect security of their personal wealth. The more hostility expressed to these reasonable requests, the greater the resistance to meet the request for personal religious freedom.

...but the threat of the far right is more radical and dangerous.
The 'far right' does not need the burqa to be dangerous. Unfortunately, the unreasonable resistance to reasonable temporary curtailments of a religious freedom simply give the 'far right' additional rhetorical ammunition to be dangerous.

can't explain from first again...
simple:- their country their rules...follow it or pay fines or go back to ur country where burqa is allowed....

"Their country, their rules" What do you mean its their country? It is the 3rd generation of migrants now living their and still fighting for their basic rights. Last time I checked, all the protestors were british citizens. Thank you, but they are already in their country now :)

No, it is not representative. But you cannot deny the reality that facial recognition is still the dominant method we have at personal identification. Not odor. Not touch. Not audio. Not ESP. But the face. The burqa under the protection of religious freedom give criminals an ADDITIONAL tool in their kits.

Then just like many other personal choices we have today, we realize that under unique circumstances, temporarily we must either reduce the effects of a personal choice or do away with it completely. An open face is a reasonable temporary curtailment of a religious freedom to get a state sanctioned ID like a driver's license. An open face is a reasonable temporary curtailment of the same religious freedom to access a bank, a place where the community trust and expect security of their personal wealth. The more hostility expressed to these reasonable requests, the greater the resistance to meet the request for personal religious freedom.

The 'far right' does not need the burqa to be dangerous. Unfortunately, the unreasonable resistance to reasonable temporary curtailments of a religious freedom simply give the 'far right' additional rhetorical ammunition to be dangerous.

why not ban Baseball bats then? Criminals will use anything they can to commit crimes and you cannot take away basic rights just for that. Off course, there are places where women are required to show their faces and I do believe the women should have an option to/ or not to use that service. Don't go preaching democracy in other countries when the great west can't even provide basic religious freedoms.

why not ban Baseball bats then? Criminals will use anything they can to commit crimes and you cannot take away basic rights just for that. Off course, there are places where women are required to show their faces and I do believe the women should have an option to/ or not to use that service. Don't go preaching democracy in other countries when the great west can't even provide basic religious freedoms.

In the US if you are found with bats and not obviously going to a game you can get a weapons charge.

why not ban Baseball bats then? Criminals will use anything they can to commit crimes and you cannot take away basic rights just for that. Off course, there are places where women are required to show their faces and I do believe the women should have an option to/ or not to use that service.
Bad analogy. Simply for the fact that no one walks into a bank or city hall with sporting gears that can be used OUTSIDE of their intended usage. For US, if you walk into the Dept. of Motor Vehicle (DMV) to get a driver's license wearing a catcher's mask and holding a baseball bat, you can bet your life that you will stopped at the door by a hostile officer. Reasonable people do not do such thing.

Don't go preaching democracy in other countries when the great west can't even provide basic religious freedoms.
We are not perfect and never claimed to be. But we endowed our citizenry with far more religious freedoms today than what the world sees in the muslim world. And please do not bring up the freedoms Christians allegedly had a few hundreds years ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom