What's new

Italian MPs’ panel OKs burqa ban

I went to Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi this monday with my cousin who just got admission into that college. It was so hot that it was extremely uncomfortable to walk around under the sun. I was wearing a cottng t-shrt and was felling like getting rid of it. And there were some Muslim ladies who were walking around there covered in black burqa from head to toe, the discomfort they might have been feeling, i could only imagine. I was wondering do these poor ladies really have any choice. This whole logic of covering a lady under a Burqa is utterly stupid and idiotic.

I was wearing a cottng t-shrt and was felling like getting rid of it. And there were some Muslim ladies who were walking around there covered in black burqa from head to toe, the discomfort they might have been feeling, i could only imagine.

Did you bother to ask them ?

In Saudi, they behead people for less. I am not proud of Saudi and have no respect for the Saudi people, but Saudi should be compared to Vatican City, not USA or any other Western European nation because of its religious importance. Seeing your attitude towards a minority group scares me that there is a huge muslim population in your country which has to deal with people like you.

We also go blargh blargh and jump on trees and throw feces at each other...... Seriously the nerves of some people. Dont any of you find it weird that the only Pakistanis defending Saudi Arabia are the ones currently living in it????

To everyone here harping about a Burqa curtailing a woman's freedom etc etc. I don't deny any of your arguments. But do you really support a law which completely bans a particular outfit??? Remember, this law preceded the ban on turbans in France. There is never just a white or black. For the security issues of wearing a burkha, they could've easily enacted a law requiring prohibition of Burqa in colleges or govt. buildings.
Instead of empowering women to shed the Burqa,they've actually created a situation where they are bound to offend the sentiments of a particular community without significant benefits attached to it.

A bank should not even have to ask. It should be automatically understood that such a unique circumstance demand the patron to be VOLUNTARILY reasonable. This and many other situations.

If you are suspecting someone you can ask for an ID that's what cops are for. See how you feel if they ban a nun's or a priest's outfit.

So whenever a muslim women go out in europe police should lift their veils n see them...
is it possible to lift all their veils each n every place??
police doesnt have other work to do??

When a terrorist or robber does a crime..does he lift his veil n show his face to camera and say"hi" and run away??
BTW why shouldn't they wear different colors different types of clothes??
how long they should wear the same old blackkk..lol
But only males can dress however they like

You are talking as if anyone who sees a woman covered up should scream "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES" Oh and only in Saudi Arabia where they wear black. Go to turkey and see the Hijab there. Go to other countries and see for yourself. Saudis Arabia is only 20 million people the muslim world is 1.4 Billion.

If you are suspecting someone you can ask for an ID that's what cops are for. See how you feel if they ban a nun's or a priest's outfit.

The don't cover the face.

Here are photos of a Nun and a Patriarch all decked up in their habit and regalia!

115px-MotherTeresa_094.jpg

[
220px-Tikhon_of_Moscow.jpg

Burkha

images

No Muslim woman will show her face to an outsider.

In the olden times, it was necessary to not exhibit oneself.

That is why even the Nuns' habits are near similar being loose and thus not exhibiting the contours except that they don't cover their face.

Even the Indian sari as worn in the olden times was worn loose and not what you see today.

The don't cover the face.

Here are photos of a Nun and a Patriarch all decked up in their habit and regalia!

115px-MotherTeresa_094.jpg

[
220px-Tikhon_of_Moscow.jpg

Burkha

images

No Muslim woman will show her face to an outsider.

In the olden times, it was necessary to not exhibit oneself.

That is why even the Nuns' habits are near similar being loose and thus not exhibiting the contours except that they don't cover their face.

My argument was not about covering faces genius it was about depriving people of their religious practice. How would you feel if they banned wearing yellow flower necklaces on the basis of "some people are allergic to it". This is pretty much the same.

What happened to the freedom of actions n crap wests sings about all the bleedin time?

Those songs are long gone, no one sings that over security measures. The world we live in dictates that. They are in a position to say "do as I say, not as I do". What position is the burqa clad muslim ummah in? Keep them in the burqa and continue to see more changes that these people will have to accept.

It might be that easy in Saudi Arabia. But not so much in western countries. Maybe Muslim women are allowed to show their face to Muslim cops and not to non muslim cops?

Woman convicted of police veil-lifting lie set to go free

CNN.com - Veil dispute begins in Florida courtroom - May. 28, 2003

Umm...No everyone should respect the law and police officers are the embodiment of the law. And to answer your second question no. So Out of ALL the women who show their faces when asked you picked these two cases who were obviously hyped up as always to no end by the media to show case the behavior of ALL Muslim women world wide???

Umm...No everyone should respect the law and police officers are the embodiment of the law. And to answer your second question no. So Out of ALL the women who show their faces when asked you picked these two cases who were obviously hyped up as always to no end by the media to show case the behavior of ALL Muslim women world wide???

I can only mention the incident I know of, through media, and not every incident gets reported.

I am not a cop to have inside info. Although I find it hard to believe that these are isolated incidents, I hope they are. From what I have noticed Muslims try to become "more muslim" if I may, when they go to western countries.

I am afraid, if that was done, there would be an outcry of 'racial profiling'!!

I have answered your second part before.

Let us not talk about Saudi Arabia and its 'liberalness' - a country that does not allow women to even drive cars!

And like it or not, treat non Arabs, including Muslims, as non existent (being polite over that word).

I can only mention the incident I know of, through media, and not every incident gets reported.

I am not a cop to have inside info. Although I find it hard to believe that these are isolated incidents, I hope they are. From what I have noticed Muslims try to become "more muslim" if I may, when they go to western countries.

Facing Burkha bans and ridicule and racism yes. Most they do become "more muslim" a friend of mine studying in the US gets garbage thrown at him by people so yeah these things won't help and part of human nature to protest injustice he grew a beard which is very surprising if you know him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom