What's new

It was a mistake-BNP leaders say party shifting from anti-India stance

India doesn't have a water treaty with Bangladesh unlike India Pakistan. So Bangladesh can do jack about what India does on the rivers. Just like India can do jack about about China does on the Brahmaputra or other rivers where China is the upper riperian. Bangladesh is offcourse free to go to Hague or any International water tribunal and get a verdict which will take a few years. We only need a few weeks.

WRONG!

India has ratified water treaty with Bangladesh for water sharing of Ganges. According to the treaty Bangladesh gets almost 50% share of total water from Farakka and West Bengal gets rest.

Yet these guys never cease to crib for more.

http://www.africanwater.org/farakka_water_treaty.htm

In fact India has signed more water treaty with her neighbors than any of the other Asian countries. I say we should check every pros and cons before considering to sign a new one.

Because India have too much experience in constructing roads and tunnels in hilly region, terrains of Myanmar are nothing before that in Kashmir or Himachal Pradesh, last year we completed 11km long rail tunnel in Kashmir.

Yes, but only that it will take so much of money that India cannot afford.

Zia has realized. It will be good to see a more reasonable political approach from her this time.

She's realized that keeping hostile relations with the closest neighbor isn't always the best.

Hope now she allows the transit of goods from WB to the entire NE region.

A transit will require to build an overhead expressway that will cost India $7 billion. Is India ready to bear this cost? The time to build an infrastructure will also take more than seven years. So, pay us the money, and wait for a long seven years while we build the expressway.

Yes, but only that it will take so much of money that India cannot afford.

There was a time when India could not afford, but thats in the past....If we think we can earn more billions than we spend, banks are ready to sponsor us.

thats actually true, i went to buy your book infront of shaheen college. I couldnt find the english version and the store owner even said that people brought this book and took it to India. I couldn't read it for myself as only the bangla version was available so i brought it for someone. The store owner described your book as 'hot cake'

You seem to be trying too hard to please Munshi after he got you banned last time! :lol:

To Bangladesh it was not loan, but was a CREDIT to sell your 3rd rate shoddy goods. I do not know about Burma.

But you took it because it is hard for your country to get loans from international donors. ;) Myanmar got a loan of $500 million from India for infrastructure projects.

A transit will require to build an overhead expressway that will cost India $7 billion. Is India ready to bear this cost? The time to build an infrastructure will also take more than seven years. So, pay us the money, and wait for a long seven years while we build the expressway.

Are you talking about elevated expressway. But how an elevated expressway from Chittagong to Sabroom will cost 7 billion. :cheesy:

But you took it because it is hard for your country to get loans from international donors. ;) Myanmar got a loan of $500 million from India for infrastructure projects.

Are you talking about elevated expressway. But how an elevated expressway from Chittagong to Sabroom will cost 7 billion. :cheesy:

Getting money is not the issue but clarity of the whole process is the main issue. Lots of corruption related to some of the major projects created this situation. For a well defined clear project there is no shortage of fund.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ets-16-32-billion-aid-dollars-lie-unused.html

For transit India asked 16 different routes to go through Bangladesh. To handle such load new infrastructure needs to be built from building roads, bridges, elevated expressway, railway track to development of port etc. Initial cost was assumed 7 billion usd but cost will be much more for sure.

WRONG!

India has ratified water treaty with Bangladesh for water sharing of Ganges. According to the treaty Bangladesh gets almost 50% share of total water from Farakka and West Bengal gets rest.

Yet these guys never cease to crib for more.

http://www.africanwater.org/farakka_water_treaty.htm

But not testa which was earlier decided as 52-48% for India and Bangladesh respectively. But your Mamata didi proposed only 25% water for Bangladesh and created the problem. Still 53 other river water sharing treaty needs to be signed.

Lack of water supply from Indian side causing 1.7% damage to the GDP of Bngladesh each year.

But not testa which was earlier decided as 52-48% for India and Bangladesh respectively. But your Mamata didi proposed only 25% water for Bangladesh and created the problem. Still 53 other river water sharing treaty needs to be signed.

Lack of water supply from Indian side causing 1.7% damage to the GDP of Bngladesh each year.

I firmly disagree with any move to allow BD access to nearly half of teesta's waters. Though I could be wrong, but as far as I understand no other existing water sharing pact in the world (with the obvious exception of the Indus Water Pact) has been generous enough to provide the lower riparian state with 50% of the waters.

Moreover, the per capita availability of water in BD is about 8800 cubic meters per year as opposed to merely 1900 cubic meters per year for India.

At a time, when resources are scare and the big powers are expected to flex muscles to corner the remaining little - there is no reason to act foolish, especially when India is firmly in a position of strength vis-a-vis BD.

Getting money is not the issue but clarity of the whole process is the main issue. Lots of corruption related to some of the major projects created this situation. For a well defined clear project there is no shortage of fund.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...ets-16-32-billion-aid-dollars-lie-unused.html

Why Bangladesh isn't using this unused funds for Padma Bridge projects but looking for other donors.

For transit India asked 16 different routes to go through Bangladesh. To handle such load new infrastructure needs to be built from building roads, bridges, elevated expressway, railway track to development of port etc. Initial cost was assumed 7 billion usd but cost will be much more for sure.

$7 billions looks like a long term investment spanning several decades with the growing needs of both India and Bangladesh.

Khaleda to meet BJP president today

New Age | Newspaper

Rashed Ahmed Mitul . Ajmer, India

Bangladesh Nationalist Party chairperson Khaleda Zia, now on a visit to India, will meet with Nitin Gadkari, president of the Indian main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party, in New Delhi today (Friday).

Khaleda’s press secretary Maruf Kamal Khan said the BJP president has invited her to a meeting.

Asked about her call on with Indian president Pranab Mukherjee, Maruf said it could be held on Friday when Khaleda goes back to New Delhi from Jaipur.

Khaleda-Pranab meeting was scheduled on October 28, but it could not take place due to domestic political compulsion of the Indian
president on that day.

The BNP chairperson on Thursday visited the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty and offered fateha at his mazar.
A tight security was put in place in and around the Dargah to ensure security of Khaleda Zia. She placed a gilaf on the grave of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisty and made some donation to the mazar.She prayed for peace and progress of Bangladesh and its people.

On the fifth day of her visit to India, the opposition leader started for Ajmer on Thursday morning by road from Rambagh palace in Jaipur where she halted overnight on Wednesday. She was scheduled to start for New Delhi on tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Back
Top Bottom