What's new

It was a mistake-BNP leaders say party shifting from anti-India stance

Who the hell cares how much Sittwe cost? Either pay up or shut up.

You really don't have any leverage against India so why are you getting so arrogant.
See what India can do if you stop the transit.

1) Block all the water coming to Bangladesh. Bangladesh will be crawling on its knees in one week.
2) Release all the water from Farraka. Bangladesh will become water world. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
3) Block all the flow of raw materials. Bangladesh industry will collapse. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
4) Naval Blocade Bay of Bengal. No oil no trade for Bangladesh. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
5) No supply of Cow and Rice and other food products to Bangldesh. Bangladeshis will starve in one week.

These are just some from a long list of things we can do to get you on your knees in one week.
Now please tell me some concrete leverage you have other then the wet dreams of liberating NE India (since it will take a few.

I am trying to get a serious answer from Bangldeshi's here. Indian Poiticians are some of the biggest blood suckers in the world esp. the current bunch. So even if I may have some sympathy for Bangladesh they would have none. No wonder BKZ feel in line so quickly.

Discussion is not about indian growth, its about indian interference, imposition and bully and how much india gained from such practices?

Foreign policy is not about giving and taking love...Its about power a country can wield over others.

1. The Hindu - Muslim divide issue invariably crops up. Jinnah's hands were forced by the Hindu leadership for Partition. In 1962 Ayub's offer of joint defense was spurned by Nehru. A done deal that would have brought peace to SA and earned the Nobel for Bajpay and Musharraf was sabotaged at Agra by Hindu hawks in Indian leadership.

So how it matters you when BD separated from the Pakistan decades ago. :cheesy:

2. In our experience India has not honored even ONE commitment, pledge. promise, agreement or treaty with BD beginning with the Indira-Mujib Pact. The current Prez Pranab has been lying to us. PM MMS has been lying to us.

If Mujib was not assassinated.

3. It has never been BD which was trying to be anti-India. The negative moves were always our reaction to what we have perceived as India's hatred for Bengalees on either side of the divide and her bullying nature.

Its not India fault but huge size of India must incite fear in you.

1. The Hindu - Muslim divide issue invariably crops up. Jinnah's hands were forced by the Hindu leadership for Partition. In 1962 Ayub's offer of joint defense was spurned by Nehru. A done deal that would have brought peace to SA and earned the Nobel for Bajpay and Musharraf was sabotaged at Agra by Hindu hawks in Indian leadership.

2. In our experience India has not honored even ONE commitment, pledge. promise, agreement or treaty with BD beginning with the Indira-Mujib Pact. The current Prez Pranab has been lying to us. PM MMS has been lying to us.

3. It has never been BD which was trying to be anti-India. The negative moves were always our reaction to what we have perceived as India's hatred for Bengalees on either side of the divide and her bullying nature.

4. So let's wait and see. Administrations are up for change in USA, China, Turkey,India, Pakistan and BD itself. Let's wait a while. Somehow I don't believe India is going to change color suddenly.

You know that the only reason South Asia is so dysfunctional is due to India.
India has constantly meddled in it's neighbors affairs and stuck it's nose where it does not belong.
If India was not such a toxic neighbor, South Asia could have been such a nice place.
Unfortunately you can't chose your neighbors and all of India's neighbors got the short straw.

4. So let's wait and see. Administrations are up for change in USA, China, Turkey,India, Pakistan and BD itself. Let's wait a while. Somehow I don't believe India is going to change color suddenly.

Also, if I may add, in indian definition if Bangladesh or Bangladeshis take independent and sovereign stand to safeguard our self interest that is termed as "anti india". So Bangladesh and Bangladeshis should never be defensive or apologetic with indians on "anti india" term thrown around by indians to push their hegemonic and submissive agenda.

Dude Sittwe costed us just $120 millions. You are trying to serve very expensive lunch.

You are making me laugh, a rather loud laugh. Many people here are hearing about that Sittwe port in Burma since their childhood, yet it still remains under construction. So, tell us how long India will take to build that tiny port of $120 million? More to this, how long more it will take India to construct roads from Sittwe to the India-Burma border and then northward to Assam through snake infested jungles?

Check the map, the total cost will exceed $7 billion. If India is trying to lower the total transport distance, Sittwe will not be helpful. It is almost same distance through Chicken Neck.

You really don't have any leverage against India so why are you getting so arrogant.
See what India can do if you stop the transit.

1) Block all the water coming to Bangladesh. Bangladesh will be crawling on its knees in one week.
2) Release all the water from Farraka. Bangladesh will become water world. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
3) Block all the flow of raw materials. Bangladesh industry will collapse. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
4) Naval Blocade Bay of Bengal. No oil no trade for Bangladesh. Bangladesh on its knees in one week.
5) No supply of Cow and Rice and other food products to Bangldesh. Bangladeshis will starve in one week.

These are just some from a long list of things we can do to get you on your knees in one week.
Now please tell me some concrete leverage you have other then the wet dreams of liberating NE India (since it will take a few.

I am trying to get a serious answer from Bangldeshi's here. Indian Poiticians are some of the biggest blood suckers in the world esp. the current bunch. So even if I may have some sympathy for Bangladesh they would have none. No wonder BKZ feel in line so quickly.

india is not god of world and countries didn't work like street kids every country has its share and right of water by international LAW .

You know that the only reason South Asia is so dysfunctional is due to India.
India has constantly meddled in it's neighbors affairs and stuck it's nose where it does not belong.
If India was not such a toxic neighbor, South Asia could have been such a nice place.
Unfortunately you can't chose your neighbors and all of India's neighbors got the short straw.

Oh no evil India has upset the grand plans of Super South Asia....this coming from a country which is a threat, according to the entire planet. Keep dreaming of South Asia without India.

Arrogance is from india trying to use bully for free transit.

It's not even matter leverage. If Bangladesh decides not to give transit and price is not acceptable, india can do jack; plain and simple. Bangladesh had done that in last 40 some years. India can try interfere but that will never be a solution.

Foreign policy is not about giving and taking love...Its about power a country can wield over others.

Good go on with it...

You are making me laugh, a rather loud laugh. Many people here are hearing about that Sittwe port in Burma since their childhood, yet it still remains under construction. So, tell us how long India will take to build that tiny port of $120 million? More to this, how long more it will take India to construct roads from Sittwe to the India-Burma border and then northward to Assam through snake infested jungles?

Check the map, the total cost will exceed $7 billion. If India is trying to lower the total transport distance, Sittwe will not be helpful. It is almost same distance through Chicken Neck.

Because India have too much experience in constructing roads and tunnels in hilly region, terrains of Myanmar are nothing before that in Kashmir or Himachal Pradesh, last year we completed 11km long rail tunnel in Kashmir.

india is not god of world and countries didn't work like street kids every country has its share and right of water by international LAW .

India doesn't have a water treaty with Bangladesh unlike India Pakistan. So Bangladesh can do jack about what India does on the rivers. Just like India can do jack about about China does on the Brahmaputra or other rivers where China is the upper riperian. Bangladesh is offcourse free to go to Hague or any International water tribunal and get a verdict which will take a few years. We only need a few weeks.

Arrogance is from india trying to use bully for free transit.

It's not even matter leverage. If Bangladesh decides not to give transit and price is not acceptable, india can do jack; plain and simple. Bangladesh had done that in last 40 some years. India can try interfere but that will never be a solution.

If you say that leverage doesn't matter in international politics then either you are Naive or you don't want to answer my question. Things are not the same as last 40 years. Transit has already started. Rolling it back will have huge repercussions. Knowing Indian politicians the punishment will be very harsh. The question is what stick does Bangladesh have to beat India with to prevent this. This is a simple question I am asking. If you don't have any stick then please say so. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

If you say that leverage doesn't matter in international politics then either you are Naive or you don't want to answer my question. Things are not the same as last 40 years. Transit has already started. Rolling it back will have huge repercussions. Knowing Indian politicians the punishment will be very harsh. The question is what stick does Bangladesh have to beat India with to prevent this. This is a simple question I am asking. If you don't have any stick then please say so. Its nothing to be ashamed of.

Chest thumping without realizing ground realities typically does not deserve any discussion. No amount of inidna browbeating and bully will do any trick, plain and simple.

Chest thumping without realizing ground realities typically does not deserve any discussion. No amount of inidna browbeating and bully will do any trick, plain and simple.

Instead of answering a simple question you are doing circles around it. I hope another Bangladeshi can answer my question. Otherwise I believe you guys will always remain Indian stooges, no matter how much chest tumping you do on pdf or other online forums (see the latest example of BKZ), which is a pity since you probably deserve better. Though being an Indian I am not complaining

Zia has realized. It will be good to see a more reasonable political approach from her this time.

She's realized that keeping hostile relations with the closest neighbor isn't always the best.

Hope now she allows the transit of goods from WB to the entire NE region.

Back
Top Bottom