What's new

It’s time India took steps to contain China

What kind of BS article is this? China is developing on its own merits. If we just whine about their growth, then it would take us nowhere. This is exactly the fear frenzy Pakistan has for India. We do not want to be that. If they are growing, we should grow too and on our own merits. If anyone has been to beijing , he would say how ahead China is and that should be an incentive to roll up our sleeves and get to work. Such articles only spread fear in the mindset of people ,who do not have the ability to contribute to the nation's growth. We are better than that. Let China grow, India has to grow faster and catch up, if not today but in the next 30 years. And we also have appreciate a few good qualities of our adversary, imbibe them and improvise it to a better use.

What kind of BS article is this? China is developing on its own merits. If we just whine about their growth, then it would take us nowhere. This is exactly the fear frenzy Pakistan has for India. We do not want to be that. If they are growing, we should grow too and on our own merits. If anyone has been to beijing , he would say how ahead China is and that should be an incentive to roll up our sleeves and get to work. Such articles only spread fear in the mindset of people ,who do not have the ability to contribute to the nation's growth. We are better than that. Let China grow, India has to grow faster and catch up, if not today but in the next 30 years. And we also have appreciate a few good qualities of our adversary, imbibe them and improvise it to a better use.

India is going to grow in her own merit but at the same time if India want to be a global player in future, it needs to be cognizant of the actions of other players and plan strategically for the future. China is developing on her own merit but there are some questions which China needs to answer - what is that China is doing in Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives far away from its sphere of influence and very near to India. Either India can be an ostrich while continue to grow and later find itself surrounded by Cubas which can be a pin prick to India else play the game what China is playing.

The last time India boasted about "it's not 1962 anymore" all China had to do was send in a dozen PLA deep into India territory and the whole GOI went into panic and surrendered Chumar.

HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO SHOVE UR KEYBOARD IN UR ***.

India is going to grow in her own merit but at the same time if India want to be a global player in future, it needs to be cognizant of the actions of other players and plan strategically for the future. China is developing on her own merit but there are some questions which China needs to answer - what is that China is doing in Nepal, Sri Lanka and Maldives far away from its sphere of influence and very near to India. Either India can be an ostrich while continue to grow and later find itself surrounded by Cubas which can be a pin prick to India else play the game what China is playing.

Every country has the right to expand its sphere of influence and secure its interest. China is doing its part and India should do its bit. But spreading a panic and frenziness is completely a different game all together. This essentially means that our policy should be China-centric and that is a very dangerous way to move ahead. The policies should be on a overall growth and not to counter someone's growth all together. Every single event of adversity should be localised and should not be treat as an overall and all out war cry.

Every country has the right to expand its sphere of influence and secure its interest. China is doing its part and India should do its bit. But spreading a panic and frenziness is completely a different game all together. This essentially means that our policy should be China-centric and that is a very dangerous way to move ahead. The policies should be on a overall growth and not to counter someone's growth all together. Every single event of adversity should be localised and should not be treat as an overall and all out war cry.

You can't contain China's growth and that is not what I am professing. Where I am differing is on the highlighted portion. You can't look at various incidents in isolation and it will be a peril for India in the long term. You have to look at China's actions strategically.

I agree and i knew that point.but thats what I'm saying.India should simply walk off from that issue now,especially when SL govt is trying to make India an enemy.why bother with SL's issues when after help they simply forget their own assurance??we should take tougher foreign policy than we're following right now.

SL would exactly want that. But you can't drop the SL issue just like that as India is responsible for SL tamil interests. It interfered with SL tamil issue and now can't wash off its hands. But that is where many of the Indians differ. Being a tamil myself and with a cultural link which has been existing for centuries we can't drop the issue. And before someone can say that SL is a different country, I would bring the example of Bangladesh where India interfered. The situation is not different here. India took on Pakistan and now can't shirk away from SL. But lets agree to disagree on this as I have seen the discussion on the topic go no where.

You can't contain China's growth and that is not what I am professing. Where I am differing is on the highlighted portion. You can't look at various incidents in isolation and it will be a peril for India in the long term. You have to look at China's actions strategically.

The way we percieve about Pakistan's economy, China feels the same way about us. That's the bitter truth. So either we can start talking about war or quietly narrow the gap and disparity. All the hue and cry, only makes China's case stronger that it was provoked, in a war scenario. While China is quietly going about with it business and geo-political interest, we should do the same, because to catch up with other countries, atleast economically ,we need peace.

India has talked about contain China for the past 50 years. I see they are still living in that dream. :coffee:

Can you provide source for your claim.

Any news article or statement made by Indian ministers, MEA or the Indian Govt seeking containment of China in the last 50 years.

Or accept that you were being an opportunistic liar? :)

It's time to kiss and lick the US' azz。:yahoo:

1370167719_45238.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom