What's new

It’s time India took steps to contain China

It's time to kiss and lick the US' azz。:yahoo:

We will be successful when china goes kissing licking US' azz for protection from India... just like it did in 1945 (for protection from Japan) and in 1971 (for protection from SU).

USN in south china sea is vital for china's protection and security... it is foolish to oppose it.
(or it may be just posturing ... in the inside they are thanking USN).

It's time to kiss and lick the US' azz。:yahoo:

At4MpZWCMAAL9D0.jpg:large

I believe India cannot contain China unless it works with the US. and the first step is discussed in the article from the thread below. The time of choosing is upon India, is it pro-China/anti-US or Pro-US/Anti China. From America, we look at things black and white. If you are not for us, you are against us. Would any of you Indians want India to side with China and surrender your precious territories?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/255064-us-eyes-port-blair-new-drone-base.html

I believe India cannot contain China unless it works with the US. and the first step is discussed in the article from the thread below. The time of choosing is upon India, is it pro-China/anti-US or Pro-US/Anti China. From America, we look at things black and white. If you are not for us, you are against us. Would any of you Indians want India to side with China and surrender your precious territories?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/255064-us-eyes-port-blair-new-drone-base.html

already debunked several times..We believe we don't need USA's help to protect ourselves from China.and as for word "Contain",we're not going to join USA's club to gang up against China.we've problems with China and we want to solve it bilaterally..and for the red part,thats the dialogue used by George Bush..whats the difference the Chinese and american then??Old wine in New bottle I might say..and for the blue part,we alredy chose our stand 60 years ago...NAM...

My god you can't be serious. :hitwall: Are you like 12? Seriously? We have enough Anti-American trolls roaming the internet without guys like you strolling around and making the rest of us look like fools.

India is going to do their own thing and that's fine. A U.S. Indian alliance makes a lot of sense, and clearly Washington would like one but they wish to remain unaligned so that's that. Hopefully the two sides will move closer in the future.

As for the Western Pacific the U.S., Japanese, and Australian navies are strong enough to hold the line against China for now and probably for the next couple of decades but after that who knows? If a time comes that we aren't strong enough I feel sorry for the Japanese in particular. The Chinese have a 70 year old grudge against them and they're looking to flex some muscles. I'm not sure what will happen if a time comes that the U.S. isn't there to help.

My god you can't be serious. :hitwall: Are you like 12? Seriously? We have enough Anti-American trolls roaming the internet without guys like you strolling around and making the rest of us look like fools.

India is going to do their own thing and that's fine. A U.S. Indian alliance makes a lot of sense, and clearly Washington would like one but they wish to remain unaligned so that's that. Hopefully the two sides will move closer in the future.

As for the Western Pacific the U.S., Japanese, and Australian navies are strong enough to hold the line against China for now and probably for the next couple of decades but after that who knows? If a time comes that we aren't strong enough I feel sorry for the Japanese in particular. The Chinese have a 70 year old grudge against them and they're looking to flex some muscles. I'm not sure what will happen if a time comes that the U.S. isn't there to help.

The Japanese War Criminals responsible for WW2 were executed over 70 years ago.

There is no one left to take revenge against.

Except maybe Chiang Kai-shek for incompetence, but he is long dead as well.

The way we percieve about Pakistan's economy, China feels the same way about us. That's the bitter truth. So either we can start talking about war or quietly narrow the gap and disparity. All the hue and cry, only makes China's case stronger that it was provoked, in a war scenario. While China is quietly going about with it business and geo-political interest, we should do the same, because to catch up with other countries, atleast economically ,we need peace.

Let me understand how India will quietly go about business when China is increasing its influence in Nepal, SL, Maldives and other smaller countries around India.

The Japanese War Criminals responsible for WW2 were executed over 70 years ago.

There is no one left to take revenge against.

Except maybe Chiang Kai-shek for incompetence, but he is long dead as well.

I agree, but I've been reading a lot about anti-Japanese sentiment and demonstrations in China lately. They were war criminals no doubt, but it was 70 years ago and I do hope the Chinese realize this and simply let the past be the past.

I agree, but I've been reading a lot about anti-Japanese sentiment and demonstrations in China lately. They were war criminals no doubt, but it was 70 years ago and I do hope the Chinese realize this and simply let the past be the past.

It's not about punishing the current generation for the sins of their ancestors, there is no logic in such a position. The War Criminals who committed those crimes are long dead, and have been for 70 years.

The protests are mainly about nationalist politicians who insist on visiting the shrine in which war criminals were buried, and in trying to whitewash the history of WW2 via textbooks, and in some extreme cases even trying to come up with excuses for what happened back then.

If you're worried about reprisals on Japan, the ones who hate them the most are the Koreans (both North and South). When the day comes that someone wants to take revenge for the crimes of long-dead Japanese war criminals, the Koreans will be the first.

But even the North Koreans would understand the futility of trying to take revenge against War Criminals who have been dead for almost a century.

Doesn't the idea of "Sphere of influence" counter to the spirit of NAM?

Let me understand how India will quietly go about business when China is increasing its influence in Nepal, SL, Maldives and other smaller countries around India.

The same way Pakistan currently doing its business despite Indian influence. Or if we go back couple of decades in time, the same way India went about with its business despite US influence...And most apt of all, the same way Chinese are doing their business, despite US and Japanese influence...Its not so difficult to see things clearly, if we let go of emotional rhetoric. Isn't it??

I would like to add a few more things; the way we get scared when China influences smaller countries around us; the same way china gets scared when US influences smaller countries like India around China...To be very honest, its not yet China vs India....Its still US vs China...We are only a major pawn in this (US vs China) International war. If we have to be as strong as China, then it will take a few decades to reach there. Have you ever wandered why China never fights a full blown war?? Are they coward??? No...they are not...they are just smart. Anything that slows them down, they let go of it, so that they can dethrone America as a superpower in the near future. If we also want to get near to that, we have to be smarter and less emotional. Period.

The same way Pakistan currently doing its business despite Indian influence. Or if we go back couple of decades in time, the same way India went about with its business despite US influence...And most apt of all, the same way Chinese are doing their business, despite US and Japanese influence...Its not so difficult to see things clearly, if we let go of emotional rhetoric. Isn't it??

I would like to add a few more things; the way we get scared when China influences smaller countries around us; the same way china gets scared when US influences smaller countries like India around China...To be very honest, its not yet China vs India....Its still US vs China...We are only a major pawn in this (US vs China) International war. If we have to be as strong as China, then it will take a few decades to reach there. Have you ever wandered why China never fights a full blown war?? Are they coward??? No...they are not...they are just smart. Anything that slows them down, they let go of it, so that they can dethrone America as a superpower in the near future. If we also want to get near to that, we have to be smarter and less emotional. Period.

What is needed is not emotional quotient but a strong leadership at the center which is lacking in the past decade. Nothing more nothing less.

If only you look at the past history of India especially the period of 1980s and how we dealt with smaller countries around us. For example, there were rumors that SL was willing to offer Trincomalee to US as US base and Rajiv came up with Operation Poomalai which made the SL president scramble to Delhi to sign a treaty with Rajiv. US was much more powerful in 1980s with its awesome navy not to mention the NATO behind it. China is a lonesome power which can't project power yet into Indian Ocean while India has increased its defence spending since 1980s significantly.

So you may be awestruck by China at this time but my view is different - strong leadership and political willpower is all is needed. I think there is not much to discuss beyond this and lets stop the discussions at the time as it is heading nowhere.

a third world slum

a vibrant economy engine``

does he need to go into more details````

you know he is worried about reality humiliates your Indian delusion

The last time I checked, India is still second fastest growing economy of world, world's ten largest economy and second largest producer of cement, surpassing US

P.S> we produce 20 times more milk than China

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...-IGYCA&usg=AFQjCNESv7PbZaD0hA0i-qC9nOB1tvcyEg

On Topic> We need to give more attention to our economy. Indian economy must get back to 7% plus growth rate

This will allow us to spend more on boosting our military arsenal and at same time on development

Rise of India as global power can happen only if we have vibrant economy with 7%+ GDP growth rate for at least a one more decade and if we undertake right policies

What is needed is not emotional quotient but a strong leadership at the center which is lacking in the past decade. Nothing more nothing less.

If only you look at the past history of India especially the period of 1980s and how we dealt with smaller countries around us. For example, there were rumors that SL was willing to offer Trincomalee to US as US base and Rajiv came up with Operation Poomalai which made the SL president scramble to Delhi to sign a treaty with Rajiv. US was much more powerful in 1980s with its awesome navy not to mention the NATO behind it. China is a lonesome power which can't project power yet into Indian Ocean while India has increased its defence spending since 1980s significantly.

So you may be awestruck by China at this time but my view is different - strong leadership and political willpower is all is needed. I think there is not much to discuss beyond this and lets stop the discussions at the time as it is heading nowhere.

Ok...your concerns are genuine and I am not awe-struck by China. I suggest you to go there and see the difference for yourself, at least go to Beijing or Shanghai. We have to know where we stand , what is our weakness, what is the strength of our enemy and only then we can take the right decisions and grow. If we don't learn to admire our adversary's strength and its good qualities, then we will be nothing more than Pakistan. The same philosophy is practiced in business too.

And you are right, we need strong leaders, leaders who will strengthen us from within. Our greatest enemy is our poverty, lack of education and religious extremism. To be really developed we need to advance technologically and economically. This requires every Indian to contribute to the nation's growth. When 40% of India cannot support itself, it is truly impossible to imagine ourselves as superpower. We need every single Indian to contribute. A true leader will reduce this disparity and develop this country so that it can be self-sustained. If this is done, the rest will surely fall in place.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom