What's new

It is confirmed Sri Lanka Air Force to buy JF-17s

Why is it Indian (not generalizing but mainly) members say "made in china" in such a disgraceful manner? have you ever thought that 90% of your electronics items are made in China or atleast have components which are made in China? even if we debate that they are only "assembled" in China than don't you think that those guys know a thing or two about putting things together?

I wish Indians all the best, as far as we are concerned

1. JF inducted before LCA
2. If this news is true than JF will make its first international sale maybe even before LCA can get inducted

For a small nation like us it's a big achievement ..

hey dont make fun of India, they made supersonic barhamos in Russia

Bangladesh already preferred J7B.. even this thread running without source, we all know why ;)

And China :lol: they will never gonna induct it.

Preferred J-7B? Do you think Pakistan would let JF-17 Thunder into pro-indian Bangladesh? :lol:

And why would China induct JFTs when it doesn't fir into their war-doctrine?

Well heck! forget China , even INDIAN AIR FORCE is not inducting the sh!t piece called Tejas :rofl:

Bad decision by SL IMO.

Sri Lanka should have gone for F-16 Blk52 or Mig-29 SMT or Su-30/27 or EF.

Their immediate (?) threat is India and US(Diego Garcia). Few JFTs does not make sense.

Just one thing. US do not have a Naval Base IN Diego Garcia anymore, the Base is a USNS Logistic Base, US is not permanently deploying Warship and Fighter/Bomber in Diego Garcia as they used to, i mean, it's not cold war anymore.

Diego Garcia is a UK Territories and now home to UK Naval and Air Base

Awesome News. Btw does the source state when the sale will take place HeinzG?

Having my fingers cross on this. I guess it will be officially announced in 2013.

:lol::lol:

This is really funny.

Some one put a SL source with with local language but even manufacturer China dnt know about it, and every one start to jump.

If this news is really true then China announce it much before any one else. :cheesy:

The news was from planned project progress report of Sri Lankan Defense Ministry I don't think it is official yet.

Preferred J-7B? Do you think Pakistan would let JF-17 Thunder into pro-indian Bangladesh? :lol:

And why would China induct JFTs when it doesn't fir into their war-doctrine?

Well heck! forget China , even INDIAN AIR FORCE is not inducting the sh!t piece called Tejas :rofl:

Because one must qualify the platform with all kind of tests like flutter, spin recovery, wepaons, AOA, etc, before FOC induction. This may not be the induction philosophy of PAF that inducts first and then performs tests.

Because one must qualify the platform with all kind of tests like flutter, spin recovery, wepaons, AOA, etc, before FOC induction. This may not be the induction philosophy of PAF that inducts first and then performs tests.

Induction methodology (not philosophy lol) in PAF is way more comprehensive , detailed ,and competitive then the one you mentioned. The difference is : JF-17 Thunder is a marvelous success that passed all these 'tests' , exercises etc and now is operational with PAF squadrons , unlike sh!tthy tejas which is a mega failure for last two decades or so...lol

Bad decision by SL IMO.

Sri Lanka should have gone for F-16 Blk52 or Mig-29 SMT or Su-30/27 or EF.

Their immediate (?) threat is India and US(Diego Garcia). Few JFTs does not make sense.

F-16 is out of the deal because US will never sell a military jet to SL. I dunno why but they won't. Last time when we tried to buy GE engines to Kfirs US went against it. I think US is more Tamil friendly than India.

About MiG 29 SMT, it's a good jet but the problem is money. Russians will not give SL soft loans to purchase the jet. Same logic applies to SU 30. IMO SU 30 is the most suitable combat jet SL should have stating it's multi mission capability and the technology.

And for your knowledge India is not SL's enemy. Neither US. SL knows that it cannot go against the both.

There fore JF 17 come as nice choice for SL. The main reasons are,

1) the jet is Chinese origin which will help SL get the jets without political troubles and can get a soft loan.

2) The jet is multi mission capable one.

3) It is inexpensive

Yeah, but this is not for any Indian threat. It's for their internal use I guess. last time , the Tamil terrorists owned the skies practically.

That is a lie. LTTE never owned any sky. The problem was how to shoot down the slow moving Zlin 143 at night without the need of AAA.

Awaits india's diplomatic hissy fit.
Didn't expect this crappy comment from you, being a 'JR THINK TANK'. Old habits die hard, what? :P

It's a good thing that SL is going in for up-gradation of its air force, though SU-30s would have been a better option. I think what clinched the deal was the price tag.

[/B]

Induction methodology (not philosophy lol) in PAF is way more comprehensive , detailed ,and competitive then the one you mentioned. The difference is : JF-17 Thunder is a marvelous success that passed all these 'tests' , exercises etc and now is operational with PAF squadrons , unlike sh!tthy tejas which is a mega failure for last two decades or so...lol

If Jf17 has passed all the tests, although not much information is available about that, then it is good for PAF. For IAF, once Tejas completes all the required tests, it will be given FOC and squadrons will be raised.

I heard this news in the morning today on TV news.

We are to politically correct and weak-willed of a nation. It's time we sanction our neighbours. We must exert our dominance over them or else we are compromising national security.

Why is it Indian (not generalizing but mainly) members say "made in china" in such a disgraceful manner? have you ever thought that 90% of your electronics items are made in China or atleast have components which are made in China? even if we debate that they are only "assembled" in China than don't you think that those guys know a thing or two about putting things together?

I wish Indians all the best, as far as we are concerned

1. JF inducted before LCA
2. If this news is true than JF will make its first international sale maybe even before LCA can get inducted

For a small nation like us it's a big achievement ..

let me help you out with example of what is really being said vs what is being perceived by some Pakistanis here

- say you come from rich family in Pakistan and you bought a brand new Ferrari

-say you have friend in the US who bought a brand new Toyota Corolla sport

now he calls you up and brags that his car can out race yours. You will go, dude you have a good car but it's no Ferrari. But the guy gets mad and keeps insisting that it is great car hence it can take you on in a race.

that's basically what is being discussed here... JF_17 great aircraft for the buck but nowhere close to being a top one in it's class ( sport or sporty cars)

lastly , the reasons why your production was faster than LCA is also different -but I leave that alone for now.

We are to politically correct and weak-willed of a nation. It's time we sanction our neighbours. We must exert our dominance over them or else we are compromising national security.

very bad decision. :D

Back
Top Bottom