What's new

ISRO to conduct GSLV test flight in 2012 with Russian cryogenic stage engin

angeldemon_007

Reaction score
SRIHARIKOTA : The Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro ) will conduct a test flight of Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV ) with a Russian cryogenic stage engine by the first half of 2012, said its chairman K Radhakrishnan .

The test flight would be conducted only after making necessary improvements based on the analysis of the GSLV F06 that failed on December 25, 2010.

"We modified the booster pump in the liquid propulsion tank and tested it on Tuesday . More tests need to be conducted before it is integrated with the engine . We are also looking at a problem posed by the shroud of the rocket . The shroud failed so the connector could not function ," said S Ramakrishnan , director , Liquid Propulsion Systems Centre of Isro . Of the seven engines procured from Russia , only two are left, said Ramakrishnan .

Two of India's GSLV launches last year had failed — GSLV (D3) on April 15 and GSLV- F06 on December 25. Isro has had a troubled past with GSLV , on which rest India's ambitious space programmes like the manned mission to space . Only two of the seven GSLV launches have been total successes. Though Isro claims that four launches had been successful, independent observers say only two of them were total successes.

:: Bharat-Rakshak.com - Indian Military News Headlines ::

When will the GSLV MK3 Fly?

First Flight was to be in July 2011.

It seems to be in 2012 End.

When will the GSLV MK3 Fly?

First Flight was to be in July 2011.

It seems to be in 2012 End.

I am also more interested in GSLV mk-3 first flight next year. Actually two consecutive failures of GSLV mk-1 and GSLV mk-2 delayed some projects. But I think GSLV mk-3 will make it next year. Its complete new technology.

cusnu.jpg

newsofapcom4bc710515b0f6gslv13bt.jpg

144521_f520.jpg

What happened to our Cryogenic engine?, why this Russian one now?

What happened to our Cryogenic engine?, why this Russian one now?

This is the last Russian cryogenic engine India bought. After that Indian cryogenic engines only. Don't worry GSLV mk III is getting ready for first flight next year.

This is the last Russian cryogenic engine India bought. After that Indian cryogenic engines only. Don't worry GSLV mk III is getting ready for first flight next year.

Necessity is the mother of all inventions. Let us hope that Russians refuse to give us any more C engines and we build them fault free.

Gslv mk III will use our home made cryo engine or the russian one????:what:

If it fails this time ISRO will be CRY o genic instead of cryogenic. ;)

Next Launch of GSLV would see Russian Engines, But what follows would have CE 20 and CE 15..

I think CE15 is a tech demonstrate
We used CE20 in GSLV (Arp 2010) and next will be CE25 for GSLV mk3 . If its wrong please correct me.

Back
Top Bottom