What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

cute_smiley56.gif

The larger conflict shaping up is India's attitude towards international law. Usually a country's treaties are the highest law in the land; that's the presumption of the other signatories, anyway. However, Indian courts have declared that they need not follow such treaties. In effect, they are saying that India can sign a treaty with another country or group of countries and ignore India's obligations when this seems desirable, yet nonetheless India have the right to expect other countries to obey treaties as Holy Writ.

Now the puzzling, even nonsensical Indian accusations of "American hypocrisy" become clear: India is trying to hide its own, indisputable record of hypocrisy. This appears to be the only explanation for India's stance on a point of consular perquisites beyond treaty requirements that involves the nation rather than a handful of individuals.

There you go. Apparently you see plenty of "fat bullies" at home and you dislike them. Now the unjustifiable slime-ing of America gives you a chance to displace (as psychologists put it) all that pent-up aggression on foreigners who in - contrast to your local bullies - won't take it out on you.

Therapeutic yes, but a poor basis for policy. Better is to realize these political and psychological frustrations in your society and work to solve them.

What treaty r u even talking about? There is no larger conflict, but that US meddles where it doesn't belong.

Well done Mr Sigmund 'Fraud', now you r a certified psychologist who can judge people over the internet.Fantastic.
We don't get bullies here well atleast not like in America. Most people here don't lust over something they don't have or vent over it.
And don't worry about us, my analogy of bullies came from your culture and how ur media portrays them, I only analogized bullies so that its easy for you to understand.
policy?? when did i even mention policy?Its just the cold hard truth swallow it.

I just did a rough of the calculations. The GSLV may be a bit (~3%!) cheaper than the Falcon 9 for launching one satellite to GTO (though it's not at all clear if the GSLV-D5 price of Rs. 220 crore is just marginal cost or figures in development costs) but the Falcon Heavy is cheaper than the GSLV-D5 if two or more 3.5-tonne satellites are launched.

Either way, you're not talking like the Indian officials are boasting, of saving 50-70% of the launch costs.

Use SpaceX instead. As for the "payments" to foreign gov't agencies, this is probably still shared by foreign development aid; the first use of NASA spacecraft for India education & development goes back to at least 1975.

I just did a rough of the calculations. The GSLV may be a bit (~3%!) cheaper than the Falcon 9 for launching one satellite to GTO (though it's not at all clear if the GSLV-D5 price of Rs. 220 crore is just marginal cost or figures in development costs) but the Falcon Heavy is cheaper than the GSLV-D5 if two or more 3.5-tonne satellites are launched.

Either way, you're not talking like the Indian officials are boasting, of saving 50-70% of the launch costs.

Use SpaceX instead. As for the "payments" to foreign gov't agencies, this is probably still shared by foreign development aid; the first use of NASA spacecraft for India education & development goes back to at least 1975.

You are just saying' i roughly calculated'.. But plz share with us how you calculated launch cost per kilogram for falcon 9... Wiki with a link showing launch cost is >$4000 per kg to LEO.. That is very much..

Last edited:
Um, no. You'll "master" it when you develop the ability to stop and restart the engine in space. It's a bit more tricky, take maybe a few more years of work, but important if you want to use the engine and high-energy upper stage to put payloads into temporary parking orbit, as NASA does for interplanetary and lunar missions. It also increases the margin of safety for manned missions.

Congrats, India. You are now fifty years behind the U.S., which developed the "Centaur" hydrogen-fueled upper stage in the mid-1960s.

I would never have imagined, but a jew is proud of a nazi SS members achievements!!

America is a weird place!!

GSAT-14 gets closer to final slot - The Hindu

Communications satellite GSAT-14 underwent the third and final orbit raising operation on Thursday morning, ISRO said.

After firing its onboard motor for nearly three minutes, its controllers at the ISRO Master Control Facility at Hassan unfurled its east and west antennas, meant for two-way communication, at 9.18 a.m. and 11.30 a.m. respectively.

The spacecraft now moved in a near-circular 35,462 km x 35, 741 km orbit with an inclination of 0.25 degrees. Over the coming days it would be allowed to gradually drift until it reached its final slot over 74 degrees E longitude. The other instruments would be switched on and tested before declaring the satellite operational, the spokesman said.

I noticed a fun comparison.

At Chinese defence forum, China first moon rover "Jade Rabbit" has 4 pages only.

At India defence forum, it is excited to 49 pages already!

Funny, enjoy!

At Chinese defence forum, China first moon rover "Jade Rabbit" has 4 pages only.
Funny, enjoy!

It IS a fun comparison.:angel:

Shows the difference between a Democracy where people take pride in the govt. and its achievements and a communist one party dictatorship where the people are indifferent and far removed from the govt.

Thank you for pointing it out to us.

It IS a fun comparison.:angel:

Shows the difference between a Democracy where people take pride in the govt. and its achievements and a communist one party dictatorship where the people are indifferent and far removed from the govt.

Thank you for pointing it out to us.

It's the culture difference.

Chinese (world wide, Mainland Chinese, Taiwan, Hongkongnese, Singaporean Chinese) talk less, do more;

Indian: simply contrary

What did really stop a country developing? Government and cultures.

Chinese (world wide, Mainland Chinese, Taiwan, Hongkongnese, Singaporean Chinese) talk less, do more;

Any citizen who continuously lives in fear will naturally talk less. That pretty much explains chinese behavior and your culture.

Indians face challenges with our chin up and do not live in fear.

I did not get the rest of your post.

Who says that?

Look at their Plane. The day the copy paste Plane flies first time, It is F 22 killer or Batter than Su 35 and so on. Only exaggeration and nothing else.

Who says that?

Look at their Plane. The day the copy paste Plane flies first time, It is F 22 killer or Batter than Su 35 and so on. Only exaggeration and nothing else.

Exactly. I have found the chinese to be the biggest baggards in the world. :lol:

They seem to have a strange delusion that they are not :crazy:

Funny, enjoy!
Go to Indian defence forum,it is not more than 3 pages.......
I wont tell you the reason why this particular thread has 49 pages,you must figure this yourself......

Back
Top Bottom