What's new

Finally!!!! India joins the Cryogenic Club-GSLV D5 Successfully launched

Completely different pictures taken at different times. In your pic, 'Arms' of the launcher are missing, weather is cloudy, exhaust is unblocked etc. Why do you ask?
No arms plus the bottom most part is covered in recent launch, so i can`t see the red glowing jet from thrusters if seen from front ,,... did u mean that by acoostic suppresion(i thought that means water spraying machines, i could see nothing:(:() .. i m an idiot ,please explain:enjoy:
Yes it is water spraying, but I thought it was going to be used only from MK-III onwards.

I was only wondering if it saw some action in this launch too
index.php

Yes it is water spraying, but I thought it was going to be used only from MK-III onwards.

I was only wondering if it saw some action in this launch too
nope i guess , may be mk-III ,I guess D5 didn`t have enough oomph that needed suppression:enjoy: ..nevertheless an awesome launch it was:tup:

GSAT-14 is orbiting at 32,160 km (Perigee) by 35, 742 km Apogee with 0.6 degree inclination .

When I determine I'm in error I change my mind. What do you do, sir?
First, About being 50 years behind USA in cryogenic tech. It is a fallacy as India did not design centaur of 1960. The learning of US and Russia are already out and with public barring may be a decade of development. Also, first successful test of engine was in 2002. I mean, US wasn't behind India and China by 200 years when it started rocketry, was it?
Second, about it being cheaper to rely on France and other countries, who are you trying to kid? Today they are trying dictate about launching rockets and tomorrow they will dictate which satellite India can launch and which we can't. Will US or any other western country launch Iran's spy sats even if they are ready to pay? Another idiotic thing is about toilets, food etc vs satellites. Why US is spending trillions on trying to land aircraft on a stupid meteorite instead of, say, help her poor with health care or reduce budget deficit (which makes more sense than stupidity of shutting govt which cost me personally more than 1000 USD?). The age where you doled a carrot and asked us to dance to your tunes are over. You need us as much as we need you. And if you don't treat us as equals, finger is the thing you are going to get. It is not like US has too many friends to lose.

Someone explain me plz

Its mentioned there are 4 boosters but only 1 vikas engine to power them. Hot it is possible? so where the vikas engine to power all 4 boosters are located?

It is wrong . There are 4 boosters and each booster is powered by a Vikas engine .

Nope . The success rate is 50% for Mk2 with CE-7.5 .

If I'm not wrong the CE-7.5 only completed the FAH tests last march and is used only once i.e. this Sunday, or am I?:undecided:

If I'm not wrong the CE-7.5 only completed the FAH tests last march and is used only once i.e. this Sunday, or am I?:undecided:

Nope . GSLV D3 was the first flight of indigenous CE-7.5 engine on-board a MK2 on 15 April 2010 .

It failed due to a malfunction of Fuel Booster Turbo Pump of the Cryogenic Upper Stage .

You're really not the sort of person we Americans like to have relations with, anyway. If there are a lot of Indians who decide to remain blind exploiting bigots, Americans will see India as a small loss.

Times have changed; it's America that has the moral high ground. The lefties won't come out in support of India here, as they did in the 1960s and 70s.

what are you talking about ?What can you do against India ?Nothing.You try some sanctions trick in 1998 and before .That not going to work here.US power is already waning and all world can feel that.We Indians ensure one thing ,we treat all country in good manner including USA .But if you try to insult us .then picture will be very different.
Dont try to rub salt in our wounds.It is not good for US.US leadership already know that .We take 20 years hardwork because of US .And at last we won.with nobody's help.
Your agency framed our two eminent scientists and make then suffer.We dont forget that.So US power must shelve in US hands or try against poor countries like Pakistan,Iraq etc but not try against us.If you do it ,then you must be mistaken.

You know, when I open the papers, or read websites it is always depressing news about India. Corruption, sexual assault and people being stupid.

ISRO actually shows that an agency can be efficient. How many Indian organisations has made Indians straighten their spine with pride this year as much as ISRO.

You're really not the sort of person we Americans like to have relations with, anyway. If there are a lot of Indians who decide to remain blind exploiting bigots, Americans will see India as a small loss.

Times have changed; it's America that has the moral high ground. The lefties won't come out in support of India here, as they did in the 1960s and 70s.

What??
You lot DON'T have relations with us, never did and never will. U lot took Pakistan's side and failed miserably, tried to bully us and failed miserably, u r underestimating us and u will AGAIN fail miserably.
Don't take all the diplomatic BS as relations. Your president and 1st lady had to dance and prance around to get u suffering lot jobs(Boeing deal). Things will only be as clean as that or not at all.
You are right, things have changed, people now realize that America is just a fat bully and like all fat bullies the time will come when they'll be bullied and weak like they are they'll slit their wrists and die.

We Indians ensure one thing ,we treat all country in good manner including USA .But if you try to insult us .then picture will be very different.
The larger conflict shaping up is India's attitude towards international law. Usually a country's treaties are the highest law in the land; that's the presumption of the other signatories, anyway. However, Indian courts have declared that they need not follow such treaties. In effect, they are saying that India can sign a treaty with another country or group of countries and ignore India's obligations when this seems desirable, yet nonetheless India have the right to expect other countries to obey treaties as Holy Writ.

Now the puzzling, even nonsensical Indian accusations of "American hypocrisy" become clear: India is trying to hide its own, indisputable record of hypocrisy. This appears to be the only explanation for India's stance on a point of consular perquisites beyond treaty requirements that involves the nation rather than a handful of individuals.

You are right, things have changed, people now realize that America is just a fat bully and like all fat bullies -
There you go. Apparently you see plenty of "fat bullies" at home and you dislike them. Now the unjustifiable slime-ing of America gives you a chance to displace (as psychologists put it) all that pent-up aggression on foreigners who in - contrast to your local bullies - won't take it out on you.

Therapeutic yes, but a poor basis for policy. Better is to realize these political and psychological frustrations in your society and work to solve them.

You know, when I open the papers, or read websites it is always depressing news about India. Corruption, sexual assault and people being stupid.

ISRO actually shows that an agency can be efficient. How many Indian organisations has made Indians straighten their spine with pride this year as much as ISRO.
Which newspaper do you read?

The larger conflict shaping up is India's attitude towards international law. Usually a country's treaties are the highest law in the land; that's the presumption of the other signatories, anyway. However, Indian courts have declared that they need not follow such treaties. In effect, they are saying that India can sign a treaty with another country or group of countries and ignore India's obligations when this seems desirable, yet nonetheless India have the right to expect other countries to obey treaties as Holy Writ.

Now the puzzling, even nonsensical Indian accusations of "American hypocrisy" become clear: India is trying to hide its own, indisputable record of hypocrisy. This appears to be the only explanation for India's stance on a point of consular perquisites beyond treaty requirements that involves the nation rather than a handful of individuals.

There you go. Apparently you see plenty of "fat bullies" at home and you dislike them. Now the unjustifiable slime-ing of America gives you a chance to displace (as psychologists put it) all that pent-up aggression on foreigners who in - contrast to your local bullies - won't take it out on you.

Therapeutic yes, but a poor basis for policy. Better is to realize these political and psychological frustrations in your society and work to solve them.

What are you talking about ? I only quoted how our scientists are framed and ISRO lose their 20 years only due to this technology.Now you try insult add to injury by criticising our mission.It is our money and we know how to use it.We heard this toilet talk since the establishment of ISRO.But ISRO give us so much pride and money.It will like that in future.

What are you talking about ? I only quoted how our scientists are framed and ISRO lose their 20 years only due to this technology.Now you try insult add to injury by criticising our mission.It is our money and we know how to use it.We heard this toilet talk since the establishment of ISRO.But ISRO give us so much pride and money.It will like that in future.
I apologize, this comment relates to the Khobragade affair, not GSLV stuff.

Back
Top Bottom