What's new

Isro scientists hope for a better future with Modi

Not everyone can or wish to immigrate. 12 lakh PA is good enough for a fresher who just joins, you dont expect salaries to be in millions of USD right?

Yeah, but its not only the amount of money you can get. If you get offered better working conditions, better social security, better living standards in your surroundings and on top of that more money, who would not accept such an offer?

Yeah, but its not only the amount of money you can get. If you get offered better working conditions, better social security, better living standards in your surroundings and on top of that more money, who would not accept such an offer?

500,000 engineers graduate out of Indian univ's every year, so there are plenty to fill up any gaps.

Modi Government should increase the funding our Human Spaceflight Program particularly in development of GSLV MK3. Conducting Human spaceflight within a decade time period is well under reach with sufficient amount of funding. IMO Interplanetary missions except of Chandrayaan 2 should be put on back burner as of now. More focus should be put on development of advanced satellites and heavy launch vehicles.

500,000 engineers graduate out of Indian univ's every year, so there are plenty to fill up any gaps.

Yes, the sheer umber of graduates is whats saving us.
But the question is if those who fill the gaps are the equal to those we lost

Its not the number its the quality of the graduates which I am afraid to say is way sub-par.

The entire country was reduced to a non-entity for 10 years.

Well,at least not at ISRO..

Modi Government should increase the funding our Human Spaceflight Program particularly in development of GSLV MK3.Conducting Human spaceflight within a decade time period is well under reach with sufficient amount of funding.

Agree about the Human Spaceflight Program.LVM 3 would be ready by 2016-2017.

IMO Interplanetary missions except of Chandrayaan 2 should be put on back burner as of now.

What for ?

More focus should be put on development of advanced satellites and heavy launch vehicles.

Already being done.The first I-4K class satellite would be lost this year,and with 2000 kN Semi cryogenic engine being developed,LVM 3s capability can be increased to 6 tonnes to GTO. :tup:[/QUOTE]

Yes, the sheer umber of graduates is whats saving us.
But the question is if those who fill the gaps are the equal to those we lost

Its not the number its the quality of the graduates which I am afraid to say is way sub-par.

It usually depends on the management and the environment where someone flourishes - it is not completely dependent on the recruit.

It usually depends on the management and the environment where someone flourishes - it is not completely dependent on the recruit.

Yes thats true but most of the freshers came out of the engineering colleges are way below what required for R&D. Getting 80% in BEng or securing 99 percentile in GATE/NET does not guarantee that the person will be good in R&D. Indian universities and R&D organisations has to change their recruitment policies if they want to attract the best talent for doing R&D. Otherwise they can get a university topper but not a true researcher.

Yes thats true but most of the freshers came out of the engineering colleges are way below what required for R&D. Getting 80% in BEng or securing 99 percentile in GATE/NET does not guarantee that the person will be good in R&D. Indian universities and R&D organisations has to change their recruitment policies if they want to attract the best talent for doing R&D. Otherwise they can get a university topper but not a true researcher.

I get your point - but the bottleneck is PSU's cannot have different pay structures.

I get your point - but the bottleneck is PSU's cannot have different pay structures.

I think its not only pay but how they select the candidates. Age old selection process based on marks that too from high school?? Then irrelevant written test which have all 8 semester courses. I am a researcher for more than 8 years now and last time I did control systems was year 2000. And then SC/ST/OBC quota. Puts me off for even trying for R&D post in PSUs. Here in UK it was easy for me to get involved in R&D work for ESA but can't say the same for ISRO.

Really?

Since when are salary, promotion chances, working conditions and social security better in India than in a developed nation?

As long as that happens people will migrate if they get a chance
Donno about others but i find Life to be comfortable in India.If you get a decent salary then its better than staying out of india away from loved ones for a 500$ raise.

You wanted people to vote for buddha Advani? Besides, UPA 1 wasn't so bad

Especially wrt to ISRO and space project, but it's hilarious to see how blinded many people are to ignore the facts. We send satellites to the moon and the mars, have set up our own satellite navigation systems, are the cheapest option all over the world to transport satellites to the orbit..., but lets ignore all that! :disagree:

Not everyone can or wish to immigrate. 12 lakh PA is good enough for a fresher who just joins, you dont expect salaries to be in millions of USD right?
a doctor in germany earns 2000 euro p/m, a doctor in india with 2 clinics can earn around more than that.So why would anyone emigrate to germany just for 30-40k extra, besides the freedom that you have at home cannot be compared to anything.

Back
Top Bottom