What's new

ISRO & Arms Deals to be Covered Under Jan Lokpal

It would be better, if this will happen but there should be a clause which prevents the publishing the sensitive defence matters, as Arihant qauoted "Only judgement of guilty should be published."

I knew it.

Maoists trying to open new front through Bhusan clans and Sami Agnivesh.

Dekho age age ho ta hey kya.

But they don't know whom they are dealing with...Pranab Dada is going to get you!!!

I knew it.

Maoists trying to open new front through Bhusan clans and Sami Agnivesh.

Dekho age age ho ta hey kya.

But they don't know whom they are dealing with...Pranab Dada is going to get you!!!

Chidambaram won't allow such crap

Tbh this is probably a good thing- look at the Bofors scandal, if the military wasn't covered the SCUM would just use the military deals the new source for their Swiss bank accounts.

Whatever, only if found guilty than only names of conspirator will be released. I am just going to email about this to LOKPAL.

This can bring lots more complexity to already complex weapon buying procedure. This will further delay the deals. Secret deals will come to public. Enemy states can have clearer picture of our arms purchases.

Whatever, only if found guilty than only names of conspirator will be released. I am just going to email about this to LOKPAL.

This is your prediction. It could be wrong too.

Besides, it will nevertheless delay our military procurement further.

This can bring lots more complexity to already complex weapon buying procedure. This will further delay the deals. Secret deals will come to public. Enemy states can have clearer picture of our arms purchases.

Wait a minute, ethics of deal would not be investigated. Investigation will only be done in regards if any commission/bribe was paid to any Govt. Officials.

For e.g. Rafale pays 5000 Crores to Pranab Da and deposit in Swiss Bank. Is it not ok to investigate about those 5000 crore and Rafale company. LOKPAL would not be allowed to investigate fighter plane.

This is your prediction. It could be wrong too.

Besides, it will nevertheless delay our military procurement further.

Why our military procurement are already delayed ? whether its DRDO or foreign deals. Reason is only one and that is incompetency and Corruption. Incompetency can be removed by PM, Corruption by Lokpal. I know, what I said is just what I thought. But I still emailed them my suggestions.

Why our military procurement are already delayed ? whether its DRDO or foreign deals. Reason is only one and that is incompetency and Corruption. Incompetency can be removed by PM, Corruption by Lokpal. I know, what I said is just what I thought. But I still emailed them my suggestions.

Incompetence can be removed, yes.

Has it been removed?

...and here we are adding further to the delay.

Your concern is valid... But, more than going through every deal thread bare in a news channel, it'd be better if we create the fear that everyone can be investigated... Lok Pal bill will do that (hopefully)... Fear of surprise tests works much better than daily tests and is more effective... Plus, it is not practical to create a regulator of another regulator, as later on ,you will wonder who will regulate the top-most regulator (your Jan Lokpal)

At the same time (and I completely agree with HBS Guy here), we also should be aware that we should not add to the already existing delays... That will make it worse only. Being alert, having systems and punitive mechanisms helps... But at the end of the day, for some sensitive things, you just got to TRUST your own Scientists/Beaurocrats/Ministers to do the right thing else you will tomorrow end up asking for an explaination of why a certain nuclear submarine is being developed 'secretly' and why are scientists using a certain material from one supplier only and those questions will never help... We, as citizens also need to keep our own paranoia in check to avoid de-railing important projects or else, join the guys who make those things works (scientis, beaurocrats or politicians)...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom