What's new

Israel's Tamar gas field sign $500 million gas supply deal with Jordan

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Israel's Tamar gas field sign $500 million gas supply deal with Jor... - Israel Business, Ynetnews

The partners in the Tamar natural gas field off Israel's Mediterranean coast have signed a deal to sell at least $500 million of gas over 15 years to two Jordanian companies in the first deal outside of Israel.

Under the agreement, Tamar will supply 66 billion cubic feet to Arab Potash and its unit, Jordan Bromine – a joint venture with US Albemarle – at their facilities near the Dead Sea, Noble Energy said on Wednesday.

Texas-based Noble owns 36 percent of the field. Israel's Delek Group, through its units Avner Oil Exploration and Delek Drilling, holds a 31.25 percent share. Isramco Negev has a 28.75 percent stake, and Dor Gas Exploration holds 4 percent.

Jordan is hungry for gas amid numerous attacks on a pipeline in the Sinai peninsula that has halted supplies from Egypt.

Tamar, discovered in 2009, is estimated to hold more than 280 billion cubic metres of gas. It began production last March and has already signed a number of lucrative deals in Israel.

The field came on line months after Egypt halted gas supplies to Israel.

After a lengthy and heated debate, the government last year decided to allow 40 percent of its natural gas reserves for export. It is using gas as an opportunity to improve relations with its neighbours including Jordan. It is also thought Israel could ultimately sell gas to Turkey, although ties between the two countries have been frosty over the last few years.

The nearby and much larger Leviathan field last month signed a 20-year, $1.2 billion deal to supply gas to planned a Palestinian power plant once Leviathan starts production in 2016 or 2017. Leviathan is estimated to hold some 540 billion cubic metres of gas, enough to supply Europe for a year.

Tamar and Leviathan were the two of the largest gas finds in the past decade and overnight turned Israel into a gas exporter.

Tamar's sales to Jordan are expected to start in 2016 once minimal required infrastructure has been completed.

The selling price will be based on a floor of at least $6.50 per one thousand cubic feet of gas with upside linked to the price of Brent crude oil. Noble said it would also charge a fee for marketing and sales services and for the transfer of gas to Jordan. Gross revenue is expected at $500 million with actual sales dependent on final purchased quantities and oil prices at the time of sale, Noble said.

She's beautiful and smart while the king is progressive and a Star Trek fan.:yahoo:

Jordan has my vote,i actually feel sry for them for not having oil.

They can get oil from elsewhere.

They can get oil from elsewhere.

That,i honestly don't know.Maybe they can.At the same price ? In what time table they have to pay ? Maybe the israelis made them a good offer.

Do you honestly think that if they had similar offers they would have snubbed them ?

Nothing new or surprising with Jordan. I wonder how the queen of Jordan feels about this, being Palestinian herself.

It's not about Palestinian or Jordanian please try to understand that, I don't care about my Arabic identity like Iranians care for their Persian identity or like how Saudis are obsessed over their bloodline. I care about the people who put that behind and sought to please God and act in regards to Islamic interests. Of course we have too many misguided extremists and the rest of our leadership is based on monarchies if we can't solve corruption of the leadership and of the people we can never move forward.

That,i honestly don't know.Maybe they can.At the same price ? In what time table they have to pay ? Maybe the israelis made them a good offer.

Do you honestly think that if they had similar offers they would have snubbed them ?

Can Saudi Arabia or GCC really not supply them? Or Russia? You really believe Israel gives better offers?

It's not about Palestinian or Jordanian please try to understand that, I don't care about my Arabic identity like Iranians care for their Persian identity or like how Saudis are obsessed over their bloodline. I care about the people who put that behind and sought to please God and act in regards to Islamic interests. Of course we have too many misguided extremists and the rest of our leadership is based on monarchies if we can't solve corruption of the leadership and of the people we can never move forward.

ME is corrupt to the core, I doubt that will change in our lifetimes. Nothing really that can be done. Even if you try and fix it through revolution it will turn into a huge mess, like the Arab spring.

Can Saudi Arabia or GCC really not supply them? Or Russia? You really believe Israel gives better offers?

I would think that buying your gas from next door will cost considerably less than bringing it from afar,especially from Russia.

ME is corrupt to the core, I doubt that will change in our lifetimes. Nothing really that can be done. Even if you try and fix it through revolution it will turn into a huge mess, like the Arab spring.

We need to fix it and do everything we can to while retaining our Islamic identity and form Islamic democracies with real freedom(not necessarily more) and liberties to all. Our problem even our Islamic leaders use Islam as a political tool to kill opponents or to justify actions. Our corruption is unbelievable but we need people who are honest with theirselves and rebel to such corruption even if we have to pay a heavy price.

While at it, don't let the western world hijack our intentions, we don't seek to adopt their culture completely nor de we seek to be like them(they the liars put these corrupt men in power and suddenly jump on our side as if we're trying to free ourselves from our brutal leaders when it's freeing ourselves from western policy in the Middle East). When they become honest with us we will develop ties with them however we shouldn't become secular in our way of life, more logical systems and laws yes I do favor that. Israel should not be considered at all in any ties, if they push us to do favors for them or prevent us from sympathizing with Palestinians at expense of their whole policy in the Middle East then to hell with them.

I would think that buying your gas from next door will cost considerably less than bringing it from afar,especially from Russia.

How far is Saudi Arabia from Jordan?

How far is Saudi Arabia from Jordan?

Where are the gas facilities situated in Saudi Arabia ? Price ? We don't know.Personally i doubt they did this to "spite the palestinians".I think they did it for financial reasons which in the end it's understandable.Looking out for number one,their own country.

Where are the gas facilities situated in Saudi Arabia ? Price ? We don't know.Personally i doubt they did this to "spite the palestinians".I think they did it for financial reasons which in the end it's understandable.Looking out for number one,their own country.

This has nothing to do with the Palestinians. And of course you would...'look out for their own country'' this is the whole thing the globalist system is about. Give ultimate power to EU/US and their allies to be capable of doing something beyond their sake of their own nation while making sure the whole rest of the Middle East accepts Israel and that they can't play any serious role in their own region. This idea is pushed over and over by people like you trying to implant it in our people's heads.

This has nothing to do with the Palestinians. And of course you would...'look out for their own country'' this is the whole thing the globalist system is about. Give ultimate power to EU/US and their allies to be capable of doing something beyond their sake of their own nation while making sure the whole rest of the Middle East accepts Israel and that they can't play any serious role in their own region. This idea is pushed over and over by people like you trying to implant it in our people's heads.

I implement what in Jordanians heads ? Sometimes you read to much into it and get swept away by your passion...

Back
Top Bottom