What's new

Israeli missile shield for Bengaluru, The Tech City

1nd1a

Reaction score
How long does it take for a Pakistani missile to land in an Indian city? Three minutes from launch for Delhi, a minute more for Mumbai and eight minutes for Bengaluru.

But come 2013, Pakistan army wargamers will have to factor in a whole new Indian Army pre-emptive countermove for the IT hub, for the armed forces are putting together a multi-layered shield that will protect Bengaluru from missile strikes.

Home to multi-billion-dollar IT, space and defence companies, drawing the admiration of the world as a tech hub that pushes the envelope in research and development Bengaluru has excited the envy of China and Pakistan, the latter suspected to be behind the terror bomb blasts that ripped through the city, not once but twice.

The army, wary of the danger posed by Pakistan, is also keenly aware of the perils of not having a missile defence system and the lack of an airbase from which fighter jets could scramble and intercept incoming missiles.
The new multi-layered missile defence system is similar to the ‘Patriot’ anti-ballistic missile defence system of the United States.

The armed forces plan to mount quick-reaction, surface-to-air missiles (SAMS) — the made in India medium range ‘Akash’ and the deadly short-range Israeli ‘Barak’. These missiles would be guided by signals from a satellite and the advanced Green Pine radar of Israel to shoot down incoming missiles 100 km away from here, ministry of defence sources told Deccan Chronicle.

A short range Advanced Air Defence (AAD) missile system will be used for low-altitude interception (up to 30 km) of warheads fired as far as 5,000 kilometers away. The Green Pine radar, originally developed for Israel’s Arrow anti-ballistic missile system, has been tested at one of the locations where SAM batteries will be positioned.

India’s plans to acquire the entire Israeli Arrow system was thwarted by the United States as it involved American technology and violated the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), sources said.

The tracker

Green Pine is an Israeli ground-based missile-defense radar, to operate mainly with the Arrow system of Israel. Its advanced version, the Super Green Pine, is also to be delivered to South Korea at a cost of $83 million apiece.

Homegrown hero

Akash is a medium range surface-to-air missile defense system. The missile can target aircraft up to 30 km away, at altitudes up to 18,000 m. Akash can be fired from both tracked and wheeled platforms. Akash is said to be capable of both conventional and nuclear warheads, with a payload of 60 kg.

The second line

Barak is an Israeli surface-to-air missile (SAM) designed to be used as a point-defense missile system on warships, defending against aircraft, anti-ship missiles, and UAVs.

http://idrw.org/?p=4498

:sniper:

good news.....this will to an extent stop pakistani nuclear bullying!!!!!

fighter jets could scramble and intercept incoming missiles.
Oh really? That's news to me! I didn't know that fighter jets could intercept ballistic missiles! Or cruise missiles! Even if the aircraft are on CAP (Combat Air Patrol)! :what:

Oh really? That's news to me! I didn't know that fighter jets could intercept ballistic missiles! Or cruise missiles! Even if the aircraft are on CAP (Combat Air Patrol)! :what:

No fighter can intercept ballistic missiles but subsonic cruise missiles like Tomahawk and Babur can be intercepted by fighters.By the way,if they can put 4 squadrons of Akash SAMs,there won't be any need for fighters to take out incoming cruise missiles.Akash MkI has been tested extencively to intercept incoming cruise missiles by using Lakshya target drones,they follow the same speed and trajectory of high subsonic cruise missiles.
Lakshya:
Velocity-.8 Mach
Minimum altitude- 10-15 meter.

Bhartis having wet dreams :lol:

India and Pakistan are too close for any "defence cover" ..If Pakistani military decided to launch a nuclear holocaust on India then,my friends,it is almost certain that we WILL succeed in destroying cities like Mumbai,Agra,Delhi,Kolkata,Chennai,Ahmedabad etc etc ... The next war b/w Bharat and Pakistan would be the last war of this region...

Why you want to end Indian civilization?

India and Pakistan are too close for any "defence cover" ..If Pakistani military decided to launch a nuclear holocaust on India then,my friends,it is almost certain that we WILL succeed in destroying cities like Mumbai,Agra,Delhi,Kolkata,Chennai,Ahmedabad etc etc ... The next war b/w Bharat and Pakistan would be the last war of this region...

You are having wet dreams my friend.... Don't overestimate yourself. We have better delivery system along with many friends who won't mind seeing pakistan get destroyed. After all you are a small country only 4-5 nukes would be more than enough for pakistan to bite the dust.

I think MOD and armed forces should now officially support DRDO's BMD program because no-one is thinking about it and unless armed forces and DRDO sit and decide the whole requirement and features of BMD, the program will remain as a tech demonstrator.

Are you freaking mad or what???........You will launch nukes. It clearly shows who is the evil....

at the most,
you may hit us once or twice,
but if we hit back ,
there won't be any pakistan.

So you do agree that Pakistan is a part of Indian civilization ?? :azn:

Are you freaking mad or what???........You will launch nukes. It clearly shows who is the evil....

This "We will launch nukes" attitude comes from the country from which they got there missile tech :D (oh yes...north korea)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom