What's new

Israel,US slam release of Mumbai attacks mastermind Lakhvi

Their citizens were killed in the plot masterminded by this guy. So they have some concerns on how he just got to ride off into the sunset.

How do you know he is guilty?

He was released on the orders of the Pakistani Supreme Court right?

Doesn't that mean there was not enough evidence to convict him?

Or that the prosecutors failed to make use of the evidence.

Quoting BBC:
Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi's trial in the Mumbai attacks case still continues, but his release on bail suggests the legal evidence presented in court by prosecutors may not be enough for a conviction.

This contrasts with six years ago, when the interior minister at the time, Rehman Malik, provided graphic details of how a part of the Mumbai attacks conspiracy was hatched in Pakistan. Indian officials have since said that they also handed evidence against Mr Lakhvi and his comrades to Pakistani prosecutors.

Apparently, most of this evidence has not been made part of the case record, indicating legal complications and also perhaps a lack of interest on the part of Pakistani authorities.

Mumbai attack suspect Lakhvi released on bail in Pakistan - BBC News

Everytime any Arab dies out of stupidity, I take a dump! :D

We all have our own methods for staying "regular". Considering what's going on in Iraq, Syria and Yemen, I would definitely advise you to consider coffee and a bran muffin instead of that. :D

How do you know he is guilty?

He was released on the orders of the Pakistani Supreme Court right?

There was no public trial so there is no way to evaluate the evidence against him. He was picked out instead of 180 million other Pakistanis so I'm sure there is some good faith belief that there was evidence against him.

There was no public trial so there is no way to evaluate the evidence against him. He was picked out instead of 180 million other Pakistanis so I'm sure there is some good faith belief that there was evidence against him.
hmm, so you are implying that our Judicial system is useless and we should just hang him on the basis of charges laid on him by a PDF Indian?

hmm, so you are implying that our Judicial system is useless and we should just hang him on the basis of charges laid on him by a PDF Indian?

Well, a trial would have been a nice gesture. But he got conjugal visits instead. And yeah, Pakistani legal system is a joke. I mean, the Indian system is no prize but you make us look like Switzerland.

what can you expect from Pakistan.They release a terrorist and members here are telling us to mind our own business.

Well, a trial would have been a nice gesture. But he got conjugal visits instead. And yeah, Pakistani legal system is a joke. I mean, the Indian system is no prize but you make us look like Switzerland.
look, if you dont like our trial, then you can just pick him up if you can and try him yourself

seems pakistan will never learn. why there is so much ignorance and double standards in Pakistanis policy against terrorism?

To put it in a comics context using the Punisher's tactics against Pakistan won't work. Not because they are a nuclear power but simply because being what they are right now is the core of their existence; without being anti-India, they lose their political relevance in any form.

Only using a Batman tactic would work.

Diplomatic engagement to frustrate them out;

Political engagement to make Pakistani civilians realise how their military generals and ISI is fooling them to create a RAW-CIA-Mossad Boogeyman

Economic engagement to make it mutually costly for them to engage in hostile activities.

For example, a common pipeline distribution of gas from Turkmenistan or Iran that supplies both Pakistan and India would be pretty effective as destroying a common distribution centre by either anti-India or anti-Pakistani forces would make their country suffer as much, therefore deterring Pakistani elements from engaging in destructive actions.

To put it in a comics context using the Punisher's tactics against Pakistan won't work. Not because they are a nuclear power but simply because being what they are right now is the core of their existence; without being anti-India, they lose their political relevance in any form.

Only using a Batman tactic would work.

Diplomatic engagement to frustrate them out;

Political engagement to make Pakistani civilians realise how their military generals and ISI is fooling them to create a RAW-CIA-Mossad Boogeyman

Economic engagement to make it mutually costly for them to engage in hostile activities.

For example, a common pipeline distribution of gas from Turkmenistan or Iran that supplies both Pakistan and India would be pretty effective as destroying a common distribution centre by either anti-India or anti-Pakistani forces would make their country suffer as much, therefore deterring Pakistani elements from engaging in destructive actions.

I think you way overestimate the Pakistani thought process. If there were distribution centers in Pakistani, they would destroy them and starve themselves to death just to spite you. They'll die happy just knowing that you went without gas for a couple of days. The best thing to do is to shell out the extra cash to build that underwater pipeline that everyone's talking about, cut out middleman and move on.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom