What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

That Israel was in the right, and those who directed the flotilla were in the wrong - and the world should side with Israel.

After Israeli soldiers were themselves attacked.

Uh-uh. Under international law, the boats were required to submit to Israeli inspection. This stuff has happened before, but this is the first time a boarding party was attacked.

You saw the video? I doubt everyone killed was "innocent". Every one of those people on board knew their function was to be a human shield. They might not have realized the aggressive intentions of some of their number, but is that really an excuse?

I document every claim I make, don't I?

I am not privy to enough knowledge to determine if the matter could have been handled differently. That the soldiers were attacked and harmed strongly suggests the operation was flawed by expectations (based on experience and legal right) of a peaceful reception.

So here is the bottom line from one Pakistani: "Nothing will ever change our prejudices against Israel and Israelis, for our hatred is holy to us!"

And you wonder why Pakistan is threatened by crime and terrorism? Why should citizens make the effort to go to the middle east or Afghanistan, when there are so many people to hate at home?

Buck up Solmon2

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get your priories straight. Its not called Biased reporting its called reporting both sides of the story. Just because a neo-conservative from the Bush Administration posted a pro-israeli article does not mean that CNN has nothing good to say about Muslims. That's just ignorance speaking on your behalf. There have been articles both pro and against Israel on almost all news organizations from CNN, to Al-jazeera and BBC.

Als
o don't talk crap like Zakaria is blinded by greed to make browny money. It just shows that your very ignorant and don't know how journalism works. Fareed Zakaria is an excellent journalist and i throughly enjoy watching his show. You should also read the Post American World by Fareed Zakaria, its a very well written and intelligent book.

The reporting that talk about is few and far between and is not put o5n prime time as is the case in other reports.

Please my freind, see the light and donot judge by whims before u see the facts about CNN and Zakria.

The books they write, how many would read those, so Just to get the lebel off themselves they write books and absolve the responsibilty by saying i wrote the book.

Book shows that he is very clever and will write two differant and opposing Indeas to say, see i have written a book.

He must stick to the truth at all time and not shift like a weasel

Last edited:
That Israel was in the right, and those who directed the flotilla were in the wrong - and the world should side with Israel.

After Israeli soldiers were themselves attacked.

Uh-uh. Under international law, the boats were required to submit to Israeli inspection. This stuff has happened before, but this is the first time a boarding party was attacked.

You saw the video? I doubt everyone killed was "innocent". Every one of those people on board knew their function was to be a human shield. They might not have realized the aggressive intentions of some of their number, but is that really an excuse?

I document every claim I make, don't I?

I am not privy to enough knowledge to determine if the matter could have been handled differently. That the soldiers were attacked and harmed strongly suggests the operation was flawed by expectations (based on experience and legal right) of a peaceful reception.

So here is the bottom line from one Pakistani: "Nothing will ever change our prejudices against Israel and Israelis, for our hatred is holy to us!"

And you wonder why Pakistan is threatened by crime and terrorism? Why should citizens make the effort to go to the middle east or Afghanistan, when there are so many people to hate at home?

Hate? Is that your excuse? You do these things because we hate you? Make us love you then......do the right thing, for once, and then see the change in us. Dont expect the common man to love a tyrant.

And one thing more, i dont hate, i just........tolerate.

I dont wonder, i know........but that is beside the point. Why are you bringing Pakistan into this? Another way to side-track the issue? Stick to the topic at hand please, we can discuss Pakistan's issues some place else.

regards,

OB-IR732_0601US_F_20100601130529.jpg

Turkey's Minister Criticizes U.S.

WASHINGTON—Turkey's foreign minister ratcheted up the pressure on the Obama administration to take a tougher stand against Israel Tuesday, saying he was disappointed by what Ankara regards as a slow and tepid response by the international community to the raid by Israeli forces on a flotilla of Turkish aid ships.
Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said he expected the U.S. to more strongly condemn the raid and to put pressure on Israel to release all civilians they are holding, points he would raise with both Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and National Security Adviser James Jones in meetings Tuesday.

"I have to be frank: I am not very happy with the statement from Washington yesterday," Mr. Davutoglu said in a meeting with a small group of reporters here. "We expect a clear condemnation."

The firm stance taken by Turkey could further complicate an already delicate balancing act the Obama administration is conducting in the region, with the White House needing Turkish support for a new round of sanctions against Iran, among other regional priorities.

Mr. Davutoglu didn't link the American response to the Israeli raid to Ankara's support for the sanctions proposal, which Turkey will vote on as a rotating member of the United Nations Security Council.

But he said his government remained opposed to any new sanctions against Iran before serious consideration is given to a Turkish-negotiated deal struck with Tehran last month in which Iran would ship a large amount of nuclear fuel overseas in return for uranium enriched to levels used in medical research.

Mr. Davutoglu expressed disappointment that it took 11 hours for the U.N. Security Council to come up with a statement condemning the raid, a thinly-veiled criticism of the U.S., which worked behind the scenes to weaken some of its language.

"We expect full solidarity with us," Mr. Davutoglu said of the U.S. response. "It should not seem like a choice between Turkey and Israel. It should be a choice between right and wrong, between legal and illegal."

Mr. Davutoglu called the raid a "criminal act," saying that because it occurred in international waters, the ships were sovereign territory that couldn't be legally boarded. He said that the Turkish government had intervened with the nongovernmental organizations behind the flotilla before they approached Israel in hopes that a confrontation could be avoided, but couldn't directly order the groups to desist.

He said that in discussions with the NGOs, the Turkish government had been led to believe the flotilla would approach only Gazan waters, where they would protest Israel's blockade before moving on to Israeli ports to unload their aid.

"We did our best to approach the Turkish NGOs to take this humanitarian aid to other ports," he said. "We cannot control NGOs. Tukrey is a democratic country; we can only try to convince."

Asked whether Turkey would send military forces to protect a second flotilla that is reportedly being organized by the same NGOs, Mr. Davutoglu said no decision had been made, but added he hoped Israel had learned from the incidents not to repeat the raid.

He also called Israel's delay in identifying the dead and wounded "psychological torture," and demanded Israel move quickly to apologize and allow for an international investigation.

"We want Israel to release all of the passengers without questioning, without arresting any of them," he said. "We want to get all the bodies of all the deceased, and also the wounded people, immediately."
Turkey's Foreign Minister Sharply Criticizes U.S. - WSJ.com

BUT it does not mean that we should sell our Humanity. Atleast we dont.

this is truth,leave the world .wat pak can alone do in this condition,even with support of other muslim countries.reality is that world quietly support this.this is wat israeli ambassador was saying today.

this is truth,leave the world .wat pak can alone do in this condition,even with support of other muslim countries.reality is that world quietly support this.this is wat israeli ambassador was saying today.

The ambassador was just trying to garner support from india by shooting statements from his back side. I am sure that where ever they are they are telling the same thing to their other audience so that they can gain some sympathies. I am sure that the indian gov is much smarter then to fall in their trap.

why the post contains the name Talat hussain..is he a nobel winner or a rocket scientist....never came across with this name....:)

He is the missing link that provides the pakistani crowd here an oppurtunity to connect to that Israel-palstenine issue and hence to openly and disgracefully criticise israel.

I mean "IsraHell" !! What the F is that?? Its a sovereign country just like any other nation and this is a distinguished forum.

the truth is that this is not the first incident which have left the hands of israel red with blood
Aha! Now the subject changes to a general case, since the specific one under discussion can no longer be supported. But how many such "bloody hands" episodes also have similar stories behind them? I don't like tooting my own horn - ideally, I think the arguments, evidence, and context stand on their own - but if it wasn't for me, would PDF readers have been exposed to the truth?

it has always been like that, everytime they have been defended by americans and supported unconditionally.
Not every time. But this time, why not?
do you know that there is no enough food for the palestinains?
This was never about food, but about breaking the blockade against weapons and materiel. Israel permits the transit of thousands of tons of humanitarian aid daily.

no construcion material is allowed for the gazans to build their demolished homes.
Israel did try, but the materials were used for building bunkers and brand-new homes for Hamas bigwigs instead. Even the Saudis complain about Hamas stealing aid.

Really, if Israel was so mean-spirited as to starve Palestinians to death, don't you think you'd be hearing about it from the West Bank, too?

He is the missing link that provides the pakistani crowd here an oppurtunity to connect to that issue and hence to openly and disgracefully criticise israel.

I mean "IsraHell"!! What the F is that?? Its a sovereign country at the least and this is a distinguished forum.

How shameful and disgusting is all I can say about you rant. You have no respect for human life. Non what so ever, and then you guys preach us about Gandhi, Poor Gandhi.

I have no problem in accepting Isreal as a role model. Particularly its prowess in defence technolgy and the fact that it makes its adversary p!ss in its pants whenever confronted.

Hezbollah and Iran I think are changing this reality quite rapidly. A guerilla army with no mechanized armour or air combat facility managed to drive out the technologically superior force.

israel killed civilians. Hezb killed soldiers (fair fight). Politically and to some extent militarily, who had the upper hand :)

a country like Lebanon (whose Air force is pretty much non-existent) or Falasteen (which is under blockade --namely in Gaza) cannot defend themselves.

by the way, you are learning (like the israelis) that defence technology wont always win you wars --especially when you are at war against an unknown perceived enemy --whether its Kashmiris or Palestinians.

It dares to challenge all the arabs collectively and even has the might to raze whole of arab to dust. In other words most masculine state in the middle east.

yes killing unarmed civilians and illegally occupying land that isnt yours is very masculine

like i said, india and israel are indeed natural allies. You guys think alike. Funny though that your role model is a teeny fraction your size, you are learning from them and they are laughing at you (as was the case during Mumbai fiasco)

We need to keep biased human right abuse charges from biased islamic media aside. Human rights abuses in china are far greater than that by Israel. yet paksitan sees it in good faith. Similarly Israel can be considered role model for India in totality.

China isnt illegally occupying land that isnt theirs. China isnt in definace of UN resolutions. China isnt uprooting livelihoods and local economies, and engaging in collective punishment on an entire group of people

you can flex your ''muscles'', but in the end --- those who are afraid and terrified of death are naturally at a huge disadvantage.

;)

He is the missing link that provides the pakistani crowd here an oppurtunity to connect to that Israel-palstenine issue and hence to openly and disgracefully criticise israel.

I mean "IsraHell"!! What the F is that?? Its a sovereign country at the least and this is a distinguished forum.

wow what a reply i laugh ..by the way i am good friends of pakistan and indian people here...but my views may be different

So what we're back to is my questions:

Why are Pakistanis allowing themselves to be used like this?

What good does nursing baseless Israel-hatred do for Pakistan?

Why isn't Pakistan standing with, rather than against, Israel?

why the post contains the name Talat hussain..is he a nobel winner or a rocket scientist....never came across with this name....:)

He is an executive and high quality journalist of a very liberal and fair news channel.

He isn't like that corrupt 4 foot tall midget with insecurity complexes and a whore for a wife.

you can flex your ''muscles'', but in the end --- those who are afraid and terrified of death are naturally at a huge disadvantage.

Abu sir, Time will tell. BTW from what is visible today, people those who are not afraid and terrified by death, are blowing themselves up amongst innocent public.

Back
Top Bottom