What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

01 June 2010 - 13H48

Iran wants Netanyahu to face trial for Gaza raid

AFP - Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Tuesday called for Israel's prime minister and defence minister to face trial for the deadly raid on a Gaza aid flotilla in the eastern Mediterranean.

The United States, Britain and France must also be held accountable for Monday's Israeli raid on the flotilla loaded with international aid, said Khamenei, who is all-powerful in the Islamic republic.

"The Arab League and the Organisation of the Islamic Conference must not be satisfied with anything less than a full lifting of the Gaza blockade," he said in a statement.

Khamenei also called for "an end to the grabbing of Palestinian land in the West Bank and a trial of criminals such as (Prime Minister Benjamin) Netanyahu and (Defence Minister Ehud) Barak."

He said the "criminal attack ... should have convinced everyone that Zionism is the new and more violent face of fascism which is backed by those states which advocate freedom and human rights, above all the US government."

Washington, London and Paris should also be held accountable, he said.

"US, Britain, France and other European communities which have politically and financially backed these criminals should be seriously held accountable," the cleric said.

In a pre-dawn operation on Monday, Israeli commandos raided the flotilla and at least nine pro-Palestinian activists were killed in ensuing clashes, according to the Israeli army.

Earlier on Tuesday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also lashed out at Israel and said Tehran had precise information that Israel planned to launch a "massive attack" on Gaza in the wake of the deadly raid.

"I warn you that if this time you commit a crime against any place, against Gaza, the storm of regional nations' fury will uproot you," he said in a speech in the western Iranian city of Ilam.

The hardliner, who has repeatedly infuriated the world by his anti-Israeli tirades, also criticised Washington for issuing what he said was a "very weak" response to the raid.

"The US government has adopted a very weak and biased position. Instead of condemning, it has spoken vaguely and sought to evade taking a stance," he said, while some European countries had adopted a "good" stand.

The attack on the flotilla has triggered a fresh wave of tirades from Ahmadinejad against Israel, the Islamic republic's arch-foe and which he has repeatedly said is doomed to be "wiped off the map." (Perhaps the most misquoted statement of this decade. Ahmadinejad said the Zionist regime should be "wiped off the map")

The animosity between the Islamic republic and the Jewish-- outwardly "Jewish" for political purposes only-- state has worsened under Ahmadinejad.

Israel, for its part, has consistently demanded strong action against Iran for pursuing its controversial nuclear programme and has not ruled out a military strike.

Iranian Jews, in a statement, demanded those responsible for the flotilla raid be punished and that such attacks be prevented in future.

"Tehran's Jewish community condemns the inhuman act by Zionists of attacking a non-military flotilla," said the Tehran Jewish Community, which represents the minority in the Islamic republic.

"On behalf of Iran's Jewish community, we firmly demand serious international action to punish the criminals and measures to prevent such catastrophes."

France24 - Iran wants Netanyahu to face trial for Gaza raid

side note: Iran has the largest Jewish community in the Middle-East outside the Zionist apartheid state.

He equated hamas and other islamic terrorists groups with pakistani groups and called for joint Indo-Israeli front to counter the threats of Islamic extremisim citing the current events of storming the ships as an example.

it is very reasonablbe to equate Al Qaeda with the terrorist state(israeli terrorist state), they have got everything in common. by the way, i am sure there might be some other hindu terrorist group as well who can be equated with al qaeda and zionists.

633_news_image.jpg

ISLAMABAD : Syed Talat Hussain, the Executive Director news and
current affairs of Aaj News and other two Pakistanis, detained by Israel after attack on aid flotilla, have been handed over to Jordanian ambassador to Israel, Aaj News reported.

According to details, the Interpol has confirmed that the three Pakistanis have been handed over to Jordanian ambassador to Israel .

Jordanian ambassador along with Syed Talat Hussain, Raza Agha and Nadeem Ahmed has left Tel Aviv for King Hussein Bridge Jordan where he will hand over the three Pakistanis to the Pakistani ambassador to Jordan. All the three Pakistanis will be returning to Pakistan on Wednesday, the channel added.:yahoo:

AAJ TV : Pakistan Ki Awaz

it is very reasonablbe to equate Al Qaeda with the terrorist state(israeli terrorist state), they have got everything in common. by the way, i am sure there might be some other hindu terrorist group as well who can be equated with al qaeda and zionists.

well u r not sure .... but whole world is sure about muslim terrorist groups

Executive Director Aaj News Talat Hussain’s wife Tehmina Hussain has said that her husband has fulfilled his duty with courage. While appreciating her husband efforts, Tehmina said that Talat had gone for a cause and now the entire nation is praying for his safe return.

She was talking to Aaj News morning show AAJ SUBH. Tehmina thanked the government and media for its efforts and said that the whole nation has stood by her during this hour of need.
:pakistan:

01 June 2010 - 13H48

Iran wants Netanyahu to face trial for Gaza raid

that is not gona happen bro, they do all crimes and get away with it.

جای این کس کش های حرامراده در دوزخ است , والله شخصا بسیار نا امید و عصبانی هستم

well u r not sure .... but whole world is sure about muslim terrorist groups

no i am absolutely sure, to qualify for a terrorists you need to kill the innocetn people and terrorize them, that is what israel is doing. if you have got anything other than that i an listening to you.

no i am absolutely sure, to qualify for a terrorists you need to kill the innocetn people and terrorize them, that is what israel is doing. if you have got anything other than that i an listening to you.

so why u use word hindu terror group ... which hindu group you found to do this all ????

Witnesses cast doubt on Israel's convoy raid account
Page last updated at 18:00 GMT, Tuesday, 1 June 2010 19:00 UK

Eyewitness accounts from ships raided by Israeli commandos have cast doubt on Israel's version of events that led to the deaths of at least 10 people.

German pro-Palestinian activist Norman Paech said he had only seen wooden sticks being brandished as troops abseiled on to the deck of the ship.

Israel says its soldiers were attacked with "knives, clubs and other weapons" and opened fire in self defence.

The raid led to widespread condemnation and the UN has called for an inquiry.

LEGALITY OF CONVOY RAID

* The UN Charter on the Law of the Sea says only if a vessel is suspected to be transporting weapons, or weapons of mass destruction, can it be boarded in international waters. Otherwise the permission of the ship's flag carrying nation must be sought.
* The charter allows for naval blockades, but the effect of the blockade on civilians must be proportionate to the effect on the military element for the blockade to be legally enforceable.
* A ship trying to breach a blockade can be boarded and force may be used to stop it as long as it is "necessary and proportionate".
* The Israeli Defense Forces say soldiers acted in self-defence.
* An investigation, either by the UN or by the ship's flag-carrier Turkey, is required to find if the use of force was proportionate to a claim of self defence.

The six ships, carrying aid and campaigners, had sailed from Cyprus in a bid to break Israel's blockade of the Gaza Strip.

"This was not an act of self-defence," said Mr Paech, a politician, as he arrived back in Berlin wrapped in a blue blanket.

"Personally I saw two and a half wooden batons that were used... There was really nothing else. We never saw any knives.

"This was an attack in international waters on a peaceful mission... This was a clear act of piracy," he added.

Mr Paech had been a passenger on the Turkish passenger ship Mavi Marmara where most, if not all, of the deaths occurred.

Fellow German activist Inge Hoeger said they had been on the ships "for peaceful purposes".

"We wanted to transport aid to Gaza," she said. "No-one had a weapon."

She added: "We were aware that this would not be a simple cruise across the sea to deliver the goods to Gaza. But we did not count on this kind of brutality."

Activist Bayram Kalyon, arriving back in Istanbul, had also been a passenger on the Mavi Marmara.

"The captain... told us 'They are firing randomly, they are breaking the windows and entering inside. So you should get out of here as soon as possible'. That was our last conversation with him."

Meanwhile, in Nazareth, Israeli Arab MP Haneen Zuabi - who was on the flotilla - told a press conference that Israeli forces began firing while still in the helicopters hovering over the ships.

"We are calling for an international committee to investigate this tragedy," she said.

Diplomatic sources in Ankara have said at least four of those killed were Turkish. Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the assault was a "bloody massacre" and must be punished. He said Israel should not test Turkey's patience.
UN criticism

Further criticism of Israel came from UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Tuesday.

In an interview with the AFP news agency he said Israel's blockade of Gaza was responsible for the deadly raid.

"Had Israelis heeded to my call and to the call of the international community by lifting the blockade of Gaza, this tragic incident would not have happened," he said.

Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen called on Israel to release people and boats it had seized.

He spoke after an emergency meeting of Nato ambassadors in

Here at Beersheva prison in the Negev Desert, in the sweltering heat, a procession of foreign diplomats and lawyers has been trying to gain access to the prisoners.

Most have been let in and so has a party from the International Red Cross. Those who have come out have not said much more than that they have been able to see their prisoners.

Behind the blue and white 8m-high concrete walls, more than 600 people are being held.

For how long and to what purpose is not yet clear. Perspiring journalists can be seen scanning the Israeli newspapers, the headlines reading "Botched raid on Free Gaza Flotilla" and "Flotilla Fiasco".

Renewed violence broke out in Gaza on Tuesday, with five Palestinians reportedly killed by Israeli fire.

Two Palestinian gunmen were shot dead after crossing the border in the south of the territory, a military spokesman said.

Three more people died in an Israeli strike in the north of Gaza, according to Gaza's emergency services. Israel said it carried out an air strike after two rockets were fired from Gaza.

Following the Israeli sea-born raid, Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak ordered the border crossing between Egypt and the Gaza Strip to be opened.

The Rafah crossing has been closed since 2007, although special medical cases are occasionally allowed through.

The Egyptian state news agency said the latest opening was to allow humanitarian aid through. It is not clear how long it will be kept open.

The UN Security Council issued a statement after deliberating through the night.

It said an investigation should be "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent". It also condemned the "acts" which led to the deaths.

BBC News - Witnesses cast doubt on Israel's convoy raid account

so why u use word hindu terror group ... which hindu group you found to do this all ????

i am not quite sure about the hindu terror groups because i neve paid attention to your country, but i have seen some of the extremest hidus chantng against the muslims, and also can you tell me how the muslims got killed and brund in riots in india? was it the gov of india act or somethingi else? and at last, dont you think the israelis qualify for a terrorist?

whts that mean .... show it with proof because i can show you proof against muslim terrorist groups
There were some people killed and burned, Women raped in a place i wont name because i don't want to derail......

Tamiltigers are another example....

Back
Top Bottom