What's new

Israel Hijacks Aid cargo, executes hostages - Pak journo, Talat Hussain taken hostage

No. I will not condemn the 'media gimmick'. That was one probable way for international peace activists to grab the world's attention after 3 years of Gazans suffering.

Your choice. I choose to condemn both the organizers and the Israeli actions equally.

They are deleting Videos from Youtube as soon they are uplaoded ..

Nope, I'm looking for a condemnation for the organizers, that's all. :)

why should the organization be condemned? they were trying to ship aid to the largest prison in the world. I know India have problems with Paksistan, and paksitan being a muslim country and having sympathy with the palestinian plight, but that shouldnt take your sense of humanity and punish the palestinians because of pakistan.

Nope, I'm looking for a condemnation for the organizers, that's all. :)

:disagree: Have fun waiting for my condemnation while you are in hell. And wait for the day it will freeze, I might think of it then. Till then its Esta la vista :wave:

UPDATE: credible Israeli news sources sare saying 19 aid workers are now dead.

Also pictures are emerging of the youngest person on board.

494446934829.jpg

Sabah - O geminin en küçük yolcusu

Turkish PM, military chief cut trips short after attack on Gaza aid ships

Monday, May 31, 2010
ANKARA — Agence France-Presse

Turkish Prime Minster Recep Tayyip Erdoğan will cut short his Latin American tour and return home after a deadly Israeli attack on Gaza-bound aid ships, Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç said Monday.

Erdoğan, who is in Chile on the last leg of his tour, will set out for Turkey on Monday after talks with the Chilean president, Arınç told a press conference here.

Erdoğan is expected to be back home Tuesday noon, he added.

Turkish vessels were part of an international flotilla carrying aid to the Gaza Strip, which Israeli forces stormed early Monday.

The Israeli army said more than 10 people were killed, while Turkish charity İHH, which was involved in the campaign, put the death toll at 15, saying most victims were Turkish nationals.

Turkey recalled its ambassador to Israel and called for an emergency meeting of the U.N. Security Council, where it holds a non-permanent seat, after more than 10 people were killed in the deadly raid on the aid ships, Arınç said.

Turkey's military chief cut short a visit to Egypt on Monday after a deadly Israeli operation on an aid convoy and a rocket attack on a navy base in southern Turkey, Anatolia news agency reported.

General İlker Başbuğ was expected to arrive in Ankara later in the day, the report said.

Man, Why don't you take it the other way, Why did Israel Plan an attack on the ship?
Is it her moral Right to do so?

No its not a moral thing to do....

But from wen did morality start playing a role in today's world..?

If the Israelis are to be blamed for un-ethical,immoral activity (they deserve to) the Turks have to be blamed for doing a foolish thing knowing fully well the implications.

why should the organization be condemned? they were trying to ship aid to the largest prison in the world. I know India have problems with Paksistan, and paksitan being a muslim country and having sympathy with the palestinian plight, but that shouldnt take your sense of humanity and punish the palestinians because of pakistan.

Ur mistaken dude...India gives much more Aid to Palestinians than Pakistan has ever given.

Link - Click here

Turkey withdraws ambassador to Israel over deaths

ANKARA, Turkey — Turkey's deputy prime minister says Turkey is withdrawing its ambassador to Israel, canceling three joint military drills and calling on the U.N. Security Council to convene in an emergency session about Israel.

The moves come after 10 pro-Palestinian activists on an aid flotilla were reported killed and dozens wounded by Israeli forces.

Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc says Turkey is withdrawing its ambassador on Monday and also calling back a youth soccer team from Israel. He equates Israel's actions with "piracy."

He rules out deploying Turkish warships in the Mediterranean but severely condemns Israel.

The Associated Press: Turkey withdraws ambassador to Israel over deaths

:hitwall::hitwall:

I'm not going to argue with every single one of you. This was not a humanitarian mission!!!!!

Your query has been answered at least thrice in this thread. Please go through it.

Western countries condemn Israeli attack

Monday, May 31, 2010
ISTANBUL �From wire dispatches

EU foreign affairs chief Catherine Ashton on Monday demanded Israeli authorities mount a "full inquiry" into the killing of civilians in the aid flotilla.

Ashton "extends her sympathies to the familes of the dead and wounded and is demanding a full enquiry into the circumstances of how this event happened," said a spokesman.

"She reiterates the European Union's position regarding Gaza — the continued policy of closure is unacceptable and politically counterproductive."

Spain, which holds the rotating EU presidency, summoned Israel's ambassador on Monday for an explanation for the deadly raid, the foreign ministry said.

Greece summoned Israel's ambassador Monday to demand an "immediate" report on the safety of about 30 Greeks on board. The foreign ministry said in a statement it had requested "immediate information concerning the safety of Greek citizens on board the boats... and stressed the need to take the necessary measures to ensure their security."

Ambassador Ali Yahya was called in for talks with Greek deputy foreign minister Dimitris Droutsas, said the text.

Athens also canceled a joint military excersize with Israeli Air Forces.

German Foreign Minister Guido Westerwelle said Monday he was "deeply concerned" about the killing of civilians. The minister "is deeply concerned about the events last night in the waters off Gaza ... these are disconcerting initial reports," a foreign ministry spokesman told AFP."The foreign ministry is now working to establish the full facts of what happened," the spokesman added.

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner said Monday he was "deeply shocked" by an Israeli raid on the aid flotilla and insisted "nothing can justify" such violence. "I am deeply shocked by the tragic consequences of the Israeli military operation against the peace flotilla destined for Gaza," Kouchner said in a statement."We do not understand the still provisional human toll of such an operation against a humanitarian initiative that has been known for several days."

UN human rights chief Navi Pillay said Monday that she was shocked that the aid flotilla was "met with violence."

Arab League chief condemns

Arab League chief Amr Mussa slammed a deadly Israeli military raid on Monday against a boat carrying aid for Gaza as a "crime" against a humanitarian mission.

"We condemn this crime, taken against a humanitarian mission and people. They were trying to help people. They were not on a military mission. Everyone should condemn this," Mussa told AFP.

"We are now conducting calls to Arabs to decide on our next step," said Mussa, who heads the 22-country organization based in Cairo. The Israeli army said "more than 10 people were killed" when navy seals stormed the boat, ending a high-profile mission by six ships to bring supplies to the blockaded Palestinian Gaza Strip.

Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri on Monday slammed as "dangerous and crazy" the Israeli raid, AFP reported. "The Israeli attack on the aid convoy is a dangerous and crazy step that will exacerbate tensions in the region," Hariri said in a statement.

According to Israel's private channel 10 television, Israeli marine commandos had opened fire after being attacked with axes and knives by a number of the passengers on board the aid ships, the television said, without giving the source of its information.

Back
Top Bottom