What's new

Islamophobia is becoming more acceptable

We should help the moderate muslims contain their brethren more efficiently. Like bruce lee taught us, be like water. If one thing doesnt work, try something else. See proposal to western governments for an actually useful reponse to Paris attacks

Europe should moderate US government. US government is responsible for a lot of havoc in the Middle East. A start would be to have fair approach to I/P conflict and quit denying my peoples rights. The American people can't seem to influence their government from their unfair policies towards some people of region. I am speaking of larger issue as whole which is about politics and not today's incident which was about religion.

The sole reason for Islamophobia are Muslims. It was the Muslims that first divided the people as: I am Muslim and you are non Muslim. This is not something peculiar to extremist Muslims, all Muslims do that.

It is not that there are no black sheep in other religions. Hindus have it too, but we take on the extremists in our religion, and keep our religion moderate and personal. The latest example is the film 'PK'. In spite of so much agitations by right wing Hindu extremists, neither was the film banned nor the government relented. Moreover it could become the first Indian film to gross over $100 million

Just imagine a film on Islam demonizing it, The film would have been banned in all Muslim countries and there would have been 100 suicide bombings across the world and 1000 fatwas and silent majority of Muslims would have passively supported these extremists.

Europe should moderate US government. US government is responsible for a lot of havoc in the Middle East. A start would be to have fair approach to I/P conflict and quit denying my peoples rights. The American people can't seem to influence their government from their unfair policies towards some people of region. I am speaking of larger issue as whole which is about politics and not today's incident which was about religion.

You're right, and to be honest : that's exactly what i've been doing since 9/11/2001.

You're right, and to be honest : that's exactly what i've been doing since 9/11/2001.

I believe Europe can play much more positive role in the ME. We have bad past with Europe but in recent terms Europe has showed it is focused on mutual cooperation which has given it allies in the region. It has also showed that it takes more moral position on conflicts that require attention. Unlike US which has relied on intimidation and sometimes completely irrational positions.

I believe Europe can play much more positive role in the ME. We have bad past with Europe but in recent terms Europe has showed it is focused on mutual cooperation which has given it allies in the region. It has also showed that it takes more moral position on conflicts that require attention. Unlike US which has relied on intimidation and sometimes completely irrational positions.

there's progress :) Palestine will get it's internationally recognized statehood, within 5 to 20 years, worldwide, and you're about to enter the international criminal court (altho you'll face many "vetos" there for about a decade or more)

crying islamophobia is nothing but an preemptive weapon to silence any genuine criticism and introspection.

What one must remember, too, is that more Moslems suffer more from terrorist attacks by Islamist fanatics than any number of Westerners killed. Moslems are by far the principal victims of Islamist terrorism. Islamist terrorism is rife in many parts of the Islamic world.

Islamist terrorism in the West is a bloody and dangerous nuisance, but it is not a real threat to the institutions of Western government and civilisation. Islamist terrorism cannot bring about the downfall of Western civilisation. Only the Western peoples themselves can do that.

What's scary is that even Turkey, a supposedly modern and secular state, can't condemn terrorism without qualifying their statements of condemnation with bullshit like "but if they didn't draw offensive pictures...."

Because of some brainwashed scum bags whole religion will be looked in suspicion.

When was it not acceptable? Even if muslims don't do anything, they still will have problem with the islamic way of life , since islamophobes r inherently bigoted. A few criminal acts by some extremist groups gives them a nice excuse to up the ante. Nothing surprising or unexpected here.

These attacks have nothing with Islam or cartoons or whatever. These attacks are directly related with some politics and probably Turkiye Sultanahmet bomb attack and Paris attack is related with each other.

These attacks have nothing with Islam or cartoons or whatever. These attacks are directly related with some politics and probably Turkiye Sultanahmet bomb attack and Paris attack is related with each other.

I dont think they are related.

Africa was enslaved in the name of Christianity then it reformed. Same will happen to Islam.

This is what one of my friend had posted on fb today

image.jpg

So I guess you're right about the islamophobia part. Though I wish ppl would stop sullying a religion and understand that terrorists have no religion.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom