What's new

Islamophobia [Dedicated Thread]

and you didn't even bother to read what BB said.
out of nothing you came out with yet another elegation.:disagree:
Please care to make a statement and find some proof to back it up.

We can go on giving proofs but the question is will you guys accept it. NO. Since everything according to you is Zionist christian Hindu buddhist conspiracy.

As far as giving links is concerned go to http://www.faithfreedom.org and you will find plently of articles from all over the world.

France (fertility rate)....1.8,will be a muslim state if the trend continued with in 39 years:victory1:

Germany
(fertility rate)....1.3,will be a muslim state by about 2050.:victory1:
Man the u214 will fall in our bag hehe.:rofl:Democracy wins.:lol:

AMISH

MUSLIM
abaya.jpg

ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN

Again with the word. There is nothing called "Islamophobia". Please show me a dictionary that tells the meaning of it officially. Countries with smaller populations have a concern considering the excessive migration and imposition of foreign customs in the countries and at times misusing democratic rights. So obviously there will be some reservations.

"France (fertility rate)....1.8,will be a muslim state if the trend continued with in 39 years

Germany(fertility rate)....1.3,will be a muslim state by about 2050.
Man the u214 will fall in our bag hehe.Democracy wins."

As 'wisely' stated by S.U.R.B, such politico-religious mentality and propaganda of making another country an "Islamic" state will obviously generate some concerns and raised eyebrows in the indigenous population.

I have noticed that many Gulf countries have a lot of Indian population and sometimes they outstrip that of the indigenous population already. How would they feel if propaganda that "by 2050, so-and-so country would become a 'Hindu' state and therefore a part of India". Don't you think that indigenous population would take the existing immigrants the same way as before this propaganda was? Obviously not.

There would be incidences of violence and a cold atmosphere in the interaction between the Indian immigrants there and the local citizens of those countries.

Again while racism and religious discrimination has to stop such intentions of making another country demographically what it is not, should stop as well. This sums up your theory of "Islamophobia".

NONE of the above posts would reject the criticism of islam & BTW we Welcome a Healthy & reasonable criticism with dailouge.

Please specify this "we". Because a lot of members here and on other international forums fail to understand that every religion has its own shortcomings which we can change by looking at each other. Their intolerance and denial gets the best of them. You seem to be open minded but a lot of people are not.

Muslims are being discriminated in EU just because of their Faith and it is Islamophobia , no one EVER has stopped you from criticising Al Qaeda or other organizations .

My dear friend, fundamentalism and intolerance isn't just limited to terrorist organizations. In social circles too, sometimes there are cases where such unfavourable situations occur which is opposed by people. What discrimination is done to Muslims in Europe? They get the same benefits as that of the domestic population. They get an equally good lifestyle as that of a European.

Now there are certain things that ALL the Europeans follow as civil customs regardless of faith which becomes a problem for only one community. How can this be altered and favoured for just one community when all others are following it?

Where ever the Free practice of religion is prohibited and the Religion is criticised that society is a Phobic society ie French and Swiss.

Those Muslims living in France and Switzerland are French and swiss , they are born and bread there & they have the every right to practice their religion in the Right way .

In France, the female veil is not allowed and so also the headscarf because NO religious symbols are allowed to be shown in government offices regardless of faith. Jews don't wear skull caps there, Christians don't brandish big crosses, Hindus cannot display any of their symbols, not any one else can. It is called "Secular law" which everyone has to follow. Besides, after 9/11, there is always a security risk and therefore it is natural to ban such a concealing attire that could endanger lives.

Another example: in France, swimming with clothing on is not allowed because of hygienic reasons. Every community, conservative or liberal has to follow it. Neither the people of eastern faiths nor conservative Christians and Jews complained. Why did only a Muslim woman raise hell on the issue that is followed by everyone? Isn't this the breach of secular culture in the country?

And FYI we Swiss are least bit discriminative. Don't come back to me with posters of pictures showing political propaganda that has not been implemented in our immigration policy. If you are indicating the minaret ban, minarets are simply not a part of Swiss culture as it is common practice in Islamic countries. There are a lot of faiths that are to be followed in some specific ways but are restricted to certain levels. Again here I ask you, when all these communities are following the restrictions and adapting, why only Muslim community is raising the "Islamophobia" issue which is not the case?

I am sure that a lot of Muslim countries don't allow religious freedom anywhere close to European continent in their own countries for other faiths and migrants. We don't discriminate on a person's practise of religion; please don't accuse us of things that we aren't. 'Islamophobia' has become a convenient veil to silence even the least bit of criticism that points out at certain out-of-place concepts.

Why a govt has a place in a women's wardrone , why they have to ask her what to and what not to wear?

Because of identity compromise. Even a terrorist can hide in a veil and cause chaos as policemen won't be able to confirm the identity of the person. If the militant is a woman (as we had seen in the case of Moscow bombings), then to establish her identity in the database gets compromised again with a veil or even a head cover that hides the head, the ears etc.

Gone to hell the freedom of religion , what about civil liberty ?
Mosques are Banned from Puting up a Minarate , Women are banned from wearing Hijab , Men with the beard are considered Suspicious , Muslims are being denied Jobs and other services.

For minaret ban and women clothing, refer my response above. Regarding men with beards, certain ethnicities are suspected on the grounds of past mistakes. Even European men and many of them sport full beards. Why this stereotype doesn't go along with them? And most European authorities here are instructed to be as polite even when checking a potential suspect until he is proven guilty. I don't see that happening so in your Asia, where even tourists are checked as though we are certainly carrying bombs around with us.

About Jobs and services, I assure you its not in our government policy and anything a company does doesn't reflect the national mindset but the mindset of the organization. If such has been your experience, it is very regrettable and bad of that organization to have discriminated you. I support you on that matter.

EU zone needs to get a brain and stop their Islamophobia before it leads to a social disaster.

You shouldn't be saying that after the kind of militant attacks that have happened in the recent past of every major European country. This term "Islamophobia" is generalized against us Europeans to silence even the tiniest criticism we make. But what is followed by all the citizens regardless of faith cannot be changed for the convenience of one community. Feel free to criticize or disagree.

I travel alot and the number of times i have been stopped to be searched (by that i mean all my luggage looked through) Is almost every time i travel out or into the United States. Which is funny considering i am an American and Turkish citizen.

Let me tell you Arizona the state of John McCain is more backward then all other places i have been to. The number of narrow minded media manipulated people here is hilarious. I am a very proud Turk and when people ask me where i am from i tell them and you can tell by their face that they no longer want to be by you.

You do get the educated ones here and there. Mostly at the university...go figure :rofl:

The media is to blame here for all of this. That and U.S. policy on a number of issues during the Bush administration

Last edited:
Please specify this "we". Because a lot of members here and on other international forums fail to understand that every religion has its own shortcomings which we can change by looking at each other. Their intolerance and denial gets the best of them. You seem to be open minded but a lot of people are not.

When i refer to "we" i mean those common muslims on the streets with Respect for other cultures and religions , people like myself.

My dear friend, fundamentalism and intolerance isn't just limited to terrorist organizations. In social circles too, sometimes there are cases where such unfavourable situations occur which is opposed by people. What discrimination is done to Muslims in Europe? They get the same benefits as that of the domestic population. They get an equally good lifestyle as that of a European.

My Friend it exists in every society , where ever you would go it will follow .
I understand what situations you are talking about but my whole point is regarding the Discrimination and illtreatment Muslims (Common) are facing on the streets on the Jobs etc and it Must End.

All EU Muslims are Europeans and they should be respected for who they are.

Now there are certain things that ALL the Europeans follow as civil customs regardless of faith which becomes a problem for only one community. How can this be altered and favoured for just one community when all others are following it?

I dont Think any Muslims in EU would go against those EU values as long as they were Europeans themselves.
NONE of the cultures is to be sacrificed for Muslims and i never demanded it did it ?

I want a common understanding between EU Muslims and their other countrymates that they can enjoy Integrity and harmony and leave their lives well withour discriminating against each others.

In France, the female veil is not allowed and so also the headscarf because NO religious symbols are allowed to be shown in government offices regardless of faith. Jews don't wear skull caps there, Christians don't brandish big crosses, Hindus cannot display any of their symbols, not any one else can. It is called "Secular law" which everyone has to follow. Besides, after 9/11, there is always a security risk and therefore it is natural to ban such a concealing attire that could endanger lives.

French do wear Christian symbols moreover sikhs are allowed to wear a Turban in Franch Govt buldings etc.
As far the security risk is concerned it can be dealt with in a positive manner and with the will of EU Muslims - enforcement wont do any good.

And FYI we Swiss are least bit discriminative. Don't come back to me with posters of pictures showing political propaganda that has not been implemented in our immigration policy. If you are indicating the minaret ban, minarets are simply not a part of Swiss culture as it is common practice in Islamic countries. There are a lot of faiths that are to be followed in some specific ways but are restricted to certain levels. Again here I ask you, when all these communities are following the restrictions and adapting, why only Muslim community is raising the "Islamophobia" issue which is not the case?

It Indicates how Free practice of religion is done in Swiss society.

I am sure that a lot of Muslim countries don't allow religious freedom anywhere close to European continent in their own countries for other faiths and migrants. We don't discriminate on a person's practise of religion; please don't accuse us of things that we aren't. 'Islamophobia' has become a convenient veil to silence even the least bit of criticism that points out at certain out-of-place concepts.

Most of the Muslim countries including Pakistan allow free worship and to Build new Churches and temples in whatever way they want.
If you are indicating towards Saudi arabia then i am sorry that is our "Holiest Land" and no other faith would be allowed in that Region specially Pagans.

I am sure you understand why did i say that , christians wont allow us Building a Mosque in Vetican City would they ?

King Abdullah was in talks with Pope to build a Curch in the North of the country but nothing has been done as yet.

Because of identity compromise. Even a terrorist can hide in a veil and cause chaos as policemen won't be able to confirm the identity of the person. If the militant is a woman (as we had seen in the case of Moscow bombings), then to establish her identity in the database gets compromised again with a veil or even a head cover that hides the head, the ears etc.

These are the excuses normally given and what i believe is that there should be a solution which caters for both Security risks and Religious Freedom.

For minaret ban and women clothing, refer my response above.
Regarding men with beards, certain ethnicities are suspected on the grounds of past mistakes. Even European men and many of them sport full beards. Why this stereotype doesn't go along with them? And most European authorities here are instructed to be as polite even when checking a potential suspect until he is proven guilty. I don't see that happening so in your Asia, where even tourists are checked as though we are certainly carrying bombs around with us.[/QUOTE]

I dont know what you are reffering to but it wont happen in Pakistan (At least not during my stay) and if we do check them that is Truly for their own safety.

I was reffering to the Image that a person with a beard would have in EU and they get discriminated because of their looks no morethan that.

I have saw that myself.

About Jobs and services, I assure you its not in our government policy and anything a company does doesn't reflect the national mindset but the mindset of the organization. If such has been your experience, it is very regrettable and bad of that organization to have discriminated you. I support you on that matter.

It has happened to me and many of my friends who have been denied jobs or were not selected because they had a Muslim name .

I refer to a BBC report on Sweden which has the most neglected Islamic society & they are denied Jobs and services just because they have an Islamic name.

You shouldn't be saying that after the kind of militant attacks that have happened in the recent past of every major European country. This term "Islamophobia" is generalized against us Europeans to silence even the tiniest criticism we make. But what is followed by all the citizens regardless of faith cannot be changed for the convenience of one community. Feel free to criticize or disagree.

We are all suffering from terrorism and the damage done to Pakistan is far more worse than anyone else.

Islamophobia as term must not be generalized and if is being generalized on all EU's i would be against it !

Infact my whole idea is about the Image the Muslims have in the aftermath of 9/11 and they are facing mistreatment and discrimination just because of their Faith and it must be stopped.

They should be allowed to Practice their religion freely and in their own way , this is what makes a society better.

There should be a summit between Muslim leaders and Eu that they can decide and what ways can be found to take everything in consideration and find some solutions that would be acceptable to the society and to its Muslims too.

Regards:

What is Islamophobia as a Term!

Islamophobia is prejudice or discrimination against Islam or Muslims.[1] The term seems to date back to the late 1980s,[2] but came into common usage after the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States.[3] In 1997, the British Runnymede Trust defined Islamophobia as the "dread or hatred of Islam and therefore, to the fear and dislike of all Muslims," stating that it also refers to the practice of discriminating against Muslims by excluding them from the economic, social, and public life of the nation. It includes the perception that Islam has no values in common with other cultures, is inferior to the West and is a violent political ideology rather than a religion.[4] Professor Anne Sophie Roald writes that steps were taken toward official acceptance of the term in January 2001 at the "Stockholm International Forum on Combating Intolerance", where Islamophobia was recognized as a form of intolerance alongside Xenophobia and Antisemitism.[5]

Sources have suggested an increasing trend in Islamophobia, some of which attribute it to the September 11 attacks,[6] while others associate it with the increased presence of Muslims in the Western world.[7] In May 2002 the European Monitoring Centre on Racism and Xenophobia (EUMC), a European Union watchdog, released a report entitled "Summary report on Islamophobia in the EU after 11 September 2001", which described an increase in Islamophobia-related incidents in European member states post-9/11.[8] Although the term is widely recognized and used, it has not been without controversy.[9]

FIFA ban on hijab rejected by Australian clubs
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Football clubs fear that a decision by the sport's world governing body to ban Islamic head scarves will trickle down to the local level. The Iran girls' football team has been kicked out of the Youth Olympic Games because FIFA ruled that wearing a hijab was not in accordance with laws of the game relating to on-field equipment.

The president of Lakemba Sport and Recreation Club, Jamal Rifi, said:

"It's extremely disappointing, especially because we're trying to encourage local females to play sport, head scarf or no head scarf. It's a smack in the face for all the hard work we have been doing. It's not an occupational hazard and it's definitely not a sporting hazard. The number of Muslim girls playing soccer at an elite level is already very few. To restrict these few females achieving at a high level, it's very demoralising."

The number of girls' football teams in the club has risen from one to five in the past four years, which Dr Rifi said was a direct result of opening the sport up to players "from all religions, races and cultures". Two girls playing at state level had the potential to represent Australia, he said.

"It is going to trickle down and will give justification to local associations to use that excuse at the grassroots level."

FIFA's rules state players may not wear jewellery or dangerous headgear such as hair clips, and that "basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements". Football Federation Australia's and Football NSW's interpretation of the rules allow hijabs to be worn if they are made from a special elastic material.

The chief executive of Blacktown and District Soccer Football Association, Jack Taylor, said the ruling was ''bullshit''. He hoped Football NSW and the FFA would take little notice of it. "Our numbers are growing because of the way we've made all women welcome. To say, 'Sorry, you can't play football because you're wearing a hijab,' is really discriminatory."

Evangelical Christians plan anti-Islam conference in Australia
Monday, August 10, 2009

An evangelical church leader who blamed bushfires in February on Victoria's abortion laws will address an anti-Muslim Christian conference alongside the Reverend Fred Nile and state Liberal MLC David Clarke this year.

Mr Nile invited the leader of the Catch the Fire ministries, Pastor Danny Nalliah, to address the National Conference for all Concerned Christians on November 21 on the theme ''Australia's Future and Global Jihad'', an event Mr Nile said was about ''strengthening Australia's Christian heritage''.

''We are concerned with the conflict between Islam and Christianity that is happening around the world,'' Mr Nile said.

Mr Nalliah told the Herald the alleged terrorist plot on Holsworthy barracks by men with links to the Somali terrorism group al-Shabab showed why Christianity should be protected ''as the core value of the nation''.

''At some point we have to draw the line and say enough is enough,'' he said. ''The nation has to stand for its Christian values, irrespective of whether all people practise Christianity or not.''

Mr Nalliah will deliver a speech on the topic ''Is the West being de-Christianised?''

Islamophobia Watch - Documenting anti Muslim bigotry

Evangelical Christians plan anti-Islam conference in Australia
Monday, August 10, 2009

An evangelical church leader who blamed bushfires in February on Victoria's abortion laws will address an anti-Muslim Christian conference alongside the Reverend Fred Nile and state Liberal MLC David Clarke this year.

Mr Nile invited the leader of the Catch the Fire ministries, Pastor Danny Nalliah, to address the National Conference for all Concerned Christians on November 21 on the theme ''Australia's Future and Global Jihad'', an event Mr Nile said was about ''strengthening Australia's Christian heritage''.

''We are concerned with the conflict between Islam and Christianity that is happening around the world,'' Mr Nile said.

Mr Nalliah told the Herald the alleged terrorist plot on Holsworthy barracks by men with links to the Somali terrorism group al-Shabab showed why Christianity should be protected ''as the core value of the nation''.

''At some point we have to draw the line and say enough is enough,'' he said. ''The nation has to stand for its Christian values, irrespective of whether all people practise Christianity or not.''

Mr Nalliah will deliver a speech on the topic ''Is the West being de-Christianised?''

Islamophobia Watch - Documenting anti Muslim bigotry

Yeah see this was done before like multiple times.....

It was called the crusades and....

They all...

Failed.

Gunfire attack on Malmö mosque Sweden
Tuesday, January 5, 2010

As of New Year's Eve evening, police had no suspects for an attack against a mosque in Malmö earlier in the day when shots had been fired through the window of the building.

The imam was taken to hospital to treat minor cuts from glass splinters, but he was not struck by a bullet. He was allowed to leave the hospital after his cuts were bandaged.

Around five people, including the imam, were in an office following the evening prayers. "The imam was sitting in front of the computer when (we heard) a bang. At first I thought there had been an explosion," one of the witnesses told Sydsvenskan newspaper.

Bejzat Becirov, head of the Islamic Center, said that he doesn't believe the shots were aimed at a particular individual but rather at the mosque. "We receive threats all the time. Unfortunately, we have become immune to it. Despite all the incidents, the police have never arrested anyone," he told TT news agency.

The Swedish Muslim Association (Sveriges Muslimska Förbund) said in a statement that they take the attack very seriously. The mosque in Malmö has reportedly been the target of several cases of attempted arson over the last ten years. "These criminals are being driven by islamophobia. The police must protect (Sweden's) mosques and their followers against racist threats," Mahmoud Aldebe, head of the association, said.

The Local, 2 January 2010

Via LoonWatch

Yeah see this was done before like multiple times.....

It was called the crusades and....

They all...

Failed.

We dont want to bring it down to crusades jigs , and i guess we need to find solutions to this Islamophobic problems and find some common grounds.

Crusades in this world means total destruction of the human Kind , we dont need to go that far .

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Back
Top Bottom