What's new

Islamophobia [Dedicated Thread]

Who is the culprit

You and Me :disagree:

Those lowbrowed who are using ISLAM as a shield for their wrong doings :agree:

Bring Nobel prize, have an influence on the world through defence and economy.

Literate leadership also counts.

People represent religion not religion represents people.

I think the problems and the solutions lie with both sides. The minority few who use terror in the name of religion and those who generalize an entire community just because of the actions of a few. The solution too lies with both sides.

“The ink of the scholar is more sacred than the blood of the martyr”

“Seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave”

“The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman”

- Prophet Muhammad [pbuh]

There may be thousands of idiots in Europe who happen to be Muslim but that doesn't mean you go around blaming everything they do on Islam without investigating it's connection.

BTW, Honor killing has nothing to do with Islam. Retards who misinterpret the Quran only think so.
My dear friend Freekin',

Please don't use quotations from your holy book to reject my point. The point here is it is accepted that no religion teaches violence and it is almost always the humans who change it for convenience. It is understood. Whatever is been written by your Prophet is good for people but unless and until people don't follow it, these quotations are merely drops of ink written on paper holding very little value.

then shouldn't it become all the more important for you to educate these lost fundamentalist minded youth and even primitive thinking fathers/brothers/sisters etc about your religion, instead of blaming Europeans of "phobia" or intolerance? I am taking this specifically away from the concept of far-right wing white supremacy that certain people follow here, so don't bring that here. Is that not wrong on your part to blame the other party for reaction to something that has first been initiated by a wrong segment of your own society?

I don't know and perhaps you are better aware that honor killing is not there in your faith and is totally against your tenets. I agree. However, in Europe maximum honor killings are reported to be from Muslim households and families right from the mostly moderate Turkey to immigrants living in Germany, United Kingdom, France etc. About 4-5 months ago, a Pakistani-German had been arrested for killing his own daughter for just the fear that she might marry someone not of the father's choice. Scandinavian countries also have seen a rise in faith-related domestic and civil violence and most people arrested are unfortunately Muslims again. It would take you just one Google search to see it all yourself.

Now tell me, you claim that this is not a part of religion which I agree since no religion teaches mindless violence. But isn't the prevalence of these harsh and primitive human-induced violence tarnishing the image of your faith? What steps are being taken to curb it? From what is here in Europe, I or infact any European sees no measures at all taken by the religious bodies of your community to curb this.
Fundamentalism is all time high and any breaking of civil law and its reaction by government authorities is being blamed on "Islamophobia". Now is that not wrong?

No country is immune to crime because crimes will always happen until humans reside in a particular place. But religious violence is something very alien to modern Europe which accepts everyone regardless of faith and therefore expects certain tolerance from its immigrants. Now for example, consider the first time your faith's people migrated and a hefty bunch of them showed disapproval of our ways and imposed their own. What would the image Europeans have about this community? Intolerant would be the word isn't it? As someone rightly said here, people represent a religion especially in foreign lands. Therefore, it becomes all the more important to correct social mistakes that people often commit in the name of religion. Do you agree with me?

Since Christianity has been the predominant religion of European continent, how is it that no other faith from faith's perspective alone has been coined or assigned a name with some "phobia"? There are Buddhists, Jews, Agnostics, Hindus, African indigenous believers and even the Satanists in various European countries. Why all these communities don't have a 'phobia' word attached to it? Please don't attach Europe with the "Zionist conspiracy" and "American puppet" concept here. I am solely referring to the domestic and non-military aspect of this topic.

Doesn't this require the migrants of your community in European continent to once introspect their own society and correct the misdeeds of those who have digressed from their paths and giving your community a bad name? I think nothing would serve your faith better than you all attempting to round up such people and giving them education on tolerance and moderation and what your true faith is rather than what fundamentalists preachers brainwash these otherwise-innocent people.

French police fine Muslim driver for wearing veil

The woman, who has not been named, has spoken to French media.

A French Muslim woman has been fined for wearing a full-face veil while driving a car.

Police in the western city of Nantes said the veil - which showed only her eyes - restricted her vision and could have caused an accident.

The woman's lawyer says they will appeal against the decision, which he described as a breach of human rights.

The incident follows months of intense debate in France about whether the veils should be banned.

Earlier this week, President Nicolas Sarkozy ordered parliament to debate a law banning women from wearing full-face Islamic veils in public.

'Safety risk'

After stopping the 31-year-old woman - who has not been named - police asked her to raise her veil to confirm her identity, which she did.

Currently no law forbids the wearing of the niqab
Lawyer Jean-Michel Pollono

They then fined her 22 euros ($29; £19), saying her clothing posed a "safety risk".

"This fine is not justified on road safety grounds and constitutes a breach of human and women's rights," her lawyer, Jean-Michel Pollono, told AFP news agency.

He said the woman's field of vision was not obstructed and added that a veil was no different from a motorcycle helmet in terms of hindrance to vision.

He said he had formally complained to the state prosecutor.

"The ball is clearly in the authorities' court," he said. "Currently no law forbids the wearing of the niqab."

BBC News - French police fine Muslim driver for wearing veil

I think that the term "Islamophobia" is used as a blunt instrument to silence critics of Islamic practices and Islam-inspired atrocities. Something is not truly a "phobia" if it is based on a rational appraisal of real evidence. People are "afraid", for good and rational reasons, of people who proclaim themselves devout followers of Islam and who claim to act on the moral authority of Islam and then kill non-believers. It is not a "phobia" to be afraid of people who declare they want to kill you and that God sanctions their actions. It is common sense.

I think that the term "Islamophobia" is used as a blunt instrument to silence critics of Islamic practices and Islam-inspired atrocities. Something is not truly a "phobia" if it is based on a rational appraisal of real evidence. People are "afraid", for good and rational reasons, of people who proclaim themselves devout followers of Islam and who claim to act on the moral authority of Islam and then kill non-believers. It is not a "phobia" to be afraid of people who declare they want to kill you and that God sanctions their actions. It is common sense.

Old Man you also must admit that you cannot Treat morethan a Billion and a Half people in a discrinimatory way because of a handfull of Idiots who claim to be from that Religion.

When you do that is a "Phobia" & its a common sense.

Old Man you also must admit that you cannot Treat morethan a Billion and a Half people in a discrinimatory way because of a handfull of Idiots who claim to be from that Religion.

When you do that is a "Phobia" & its a common sense.

What you say is true. But it is also true that the term "Islamophobia" is used carelessly to stifle ANY criticism of Islam and it's practices by non-believers. There are times when Muslims are treated with prejudice. That is undeniable. But there are also times when legitimate, i.e. non-phobic, criticism of Islamic practices and beliefs is dismissed with the broad-brush label: "Islamophobic". Muslims do not want to tolerate ANY criticism from non-Muslims. That's too bad because many of us do not think that ALL Muslim beliefs and practices are above criticism. We are not "phobic". We just believe that Muslims are wrong.

What you say is true. But it is also true that the term "Islamophobia" is used carelessly to stifle ANY criticism of Islam and it's practices by non-believers. There are times when Muslims are treated with prejudice. That is undeniable. But there are also times when legitimate, i.e. non-phobic, criticism of Islamic practices and beliefs is dismissed with the broad-brush label: "Islamophobic". Muslims do not want to tolerate ANY criticism from non-Muslims. That's too bad because many of us do not think that ALL Muslim beliefs and practices are above criticism. We are not "phobic". We just believe that Muslims are wrong.

NONE of the above posts would reject the criticism of islam & BTW we Welcome a Healthy & reasonable criticism with dailouge.

Muslims are being discriminated in EU just because of their Faith and it is Islamophobia , no one EVER has stopped you from criticising Al Qaeda or other organizations .

Where ever the Free practice of religion is prohibited and the Religion is criticised that society is a Phobic society ie French and Swiss.

Tell me old man , what if US govt bans JUST YOU and your Family From wearing a pair of Jeans ? How would you feel when govt is seeking a place in your wardrobe !

Those Muslims living in France and Switzerland are French and swiss , they are born and bread there & they have the every right to practice their religion in the Right way .

Why a govt has a place in a women's wardrone , why they have to ask her what to and what not to wear?

Gone to hell the freedom of religion , what about civil liberty ?
Mosques are Banned from Puting up a Minarate , Women are banned from wearing Hijab , Men with the beard are considered Suspicious , Muslims are being denied Jobs and other services.

EU zone needs to get a brain and stop their Islamophobia before it leads to a social disaster.

Muslims are wrong in what and according to whom Christiandom ?

@Black Blood. It is not phobia. It is truth. You can't say entire world 5.5 bil people are wrong only 1.5 bil muslims are innocent.

One question for you. Show me one muslim country which is peaceful and treats minority reasonably good.

No offence but Problems starts when muslim population is 20%.

I hope you will think about it open minded.

@Black Blood. It is not phobia. It is truth. You can't say entire world 5.5 bil people are wrong only 1.5 bil muslims are innocent.

One question for you. Show me one muslim country which is peaceful and treats minority reasonably good.

No offence but Problems starts when muslim population is 20%.

I hope you will think about it open minded.

and you didn't even bother to read what BB said.
out of nothing you came out with yet another elegation.:disagree:
Please care to make a statement and find some proof to back it up.

Actually due to some retards the innocent Muslims are now paying the price. But some of the westren counteries are also taking wrong advantage of the liberty like Denmark for eg . That country's newspaper literally printed pictures of our Beloved Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and that thing was totally unacceptable . Due to that incident the Muslims all over the world are furious. Things like these triger a Chain Reaction which could even backfire in the worst possible manner and once it stars theres no stoping it ... !!!

Actually due to some retards the innocent Muslims are now paying the price. But some of the westren counteries are also taking wrong advantage of the liberty like Denmark for eg . That country's newspaper literally printed pictures of our Beloved Prophet Mohammad(PBUH) and that thing was totally unacceptable . Due to that incident the Muslims all over the world are furious. Things like these triger a Chain Reaction which could even backfire in the worst possible manner and once it stars theres no stoping it ... !!!

The Danish paper has the right to print whatever they want however retarded it may be. Turn away from Danish abomination, problem solved. But some of the same retards you mention in your post take it upon themselves to kill/stab/blow themselves up because they have a problem with "liberty" exercised in a North European nation.

Back
Top Bottom