What's new

Islamic militants warn they will sell captive Nigerian schoolgirls into sex slavery after internatio

Status
Not open for further replies.

doremon

Reaction score
Country
India
The leader of an Islamist militant group which seized hundreds of Nigerian schoolgirls today vowed to sell them as sex slaves despite international outrage at the kidnappings.

Abubakar Shekau, the head of Nigerian extremists Boko Haram, said he would 'sell on the market' more than 270 girls captured by his fighters last month.

The group – whose name means 'western education is forbidden' – snatched the children during a raid in the village of Chibok in northeast Nigeria last month, the French news agency AFP reported, citing a video it had obtained.

In the video, Shekau declares: 'I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah.'

He is seen dressed in combat fatigues standing in front of an armoured personnel carrier and two pick-up trucks mounted with sub-machine guns.
article-2620615-1D96060100000578-523_634x382.jpg

His message comes after former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, who is now a UN special envoy on education, led calls for Western governments including Britain to assist with their rescue.

A Foreign Office spokesman said the British government is in talks with their Nigerian couinterparts and 'security services' but declined to say if that might include special forces such as the SAS, according to the Daily Telegraph.

US Secretary of State John Kerry over the weekend also promised help.

Six armed men stand beside him with their faces covered.

The kidnapping of hundreds of children by Boko Haram is an unconscionable crime and we will do everything possible to support the Nigerian government to return these young women to their homes and to hold the perpetrators to justice,' he said.

The brazenness and sheer brutality of the school attack has shocked Nigerians, who had been growing accustomed to hearing about atrocities in an increasingly bloody five-year-old Islamist insurgency in the north.

Boko Haram are now seen as the main security threat to Africa's leading energy producer and is growing bolder and extending its reach.

In the latest video, the images are blurry at times, but zoom in to Shekau, who speaks in the local Hausa language and Arabic as well as English.

article-2618379-1D7BF63700000578-807_634x392.jpg

article-2618379-1D7AEDFF00000578-295_634x424.jpg

LOL. Anyone familiar with Nigerian English? I hardly understand anything.​

Another thread of no use, just to malign Islam.

I agree but it's a good way to make fun of those retards. No matter how much they try to attach themselves to Islam we all know that their actions have nothing to do with Islam. This is all that matters.

Islam is not at fault here at all.

Just like you can't blame the gun if a murderer kills another human being. A gun in the hands of sane people is never going to do that. In short you can turn even the best things into evil if that's what you want.

Why these stupid fucks have to call themselves Muslims. What they are doing has nothing to do with Islam. Here i shall quote Hadith by our Prophet Mohammad PBUH. He said that
"Attainment of knowledge is a must for every Muslim"

It is true, every race hides their wallet and their women around black people.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with you, but, you gave me a good laugh since I wasn't expecting that. :D

Where is this country's army??

It is not possible for terrorists to kidnap and hold 276 children without some local support - possibly hundreds of people. I wonder who/what kind of people provide help to these terrorists - and why isn't there even 1 person in this whole group who is willing to inform the authorities. This behaviour is not human. These are monsters.

As for some commentators talking about why religion is not at fault, I can only wonder at their frame of mind. In such a major tragedy, what matters the most to you is how your faith is perceived by others? Also, I find it a bit troubling that the whole Islamic world had erupted in protests and some violence over cartoons - the lack of outrage in this case seems deafening. I think public statements by leading religious figures from across the Islamic world may help undermine some support for these terrorists. Given the seriousness of the incident, I am sure it is worth a try.

Please understand, I am not criticizing your faith - just the behaviour of people who claim to be following it.

The whole planet is wondering when or where the condemnation from muslims would come from?

Imagine the furore if muslim girls were kidnapped by christian militants. (180 of the 270+ girls are christian girls; now they are probably going to undergo forced conversions and whatnot.

When will you people shut up about forced conversions? There is no such thing is a forced "conversion". Faith comes from the heart, not from saying a few words. A forced muslim is about as muslim as a chiristian is a jew. The whole planet is wondering? no one gives a shit about that cannibal filled, war, famine, corruption filled shithole known as sub shaharan africa. That's why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom