What's new

Islamabad looks to India to aid economy - FT

awesome news, once we have business going, things will change. If you look on PDF both sides have wrong perceptions.

Just the things Pakistan DOES NOT need to import. Agro and Forest goods eh?? As far as I know, India is better sufficient than Pakistan to meet her own agro based needs. So, that's a no-go.

Somebody told me today that the Indians have expressed desire to buy 'chuwarey' from Pakistan. And the thought of it is still making me laugh :rofl:

There is no viable balance of trade between Pakistan and India, there's no way.... Even if strictly economically viewed
Thats true, there isn't but your industry gets more competent and the trade surplus can be offset by increased investments by India in Pakistan. Lets open the doors, we can take care of the nitty gritty's later.

Excellent development..
Once this picks up, along with low key exercises and "friendship" programs between the two militarizes..
there may be a bright sunshiny day ahead.
And both lived happily ever after-like tom and jerry.:partay:

no need to help pakistanies they can help themselfs + they have deeper than ocean freinds & saudia then why do we waste time on them ....ignore them.

currently we do trade with each other... but via middle east... it lead to cost escalation and our products (if not smuggled) are unable to compete in the market... its better to rebuild the economic ties... specially for Pakistan...

We should discuss this ONLY after the MFN status is given.
There had been many false starts, and pakistani establishment has history of talking via media or other channels.
They are just "thinking" of giving the status, and no one knows when (if) it happens.

Firstly..what in the world is Chuwarey?

Secondly...India does face a shortfall in agro goods every year and believe it or not a lot of it is then met by imports from Pakistan. Just 1 case, look at the onions case study earlier this year. Frankly, the imports did make life much easier around here interms of prices.
Forest goods are routed through PAkistani businesses located at Yemen. The advantage these firms have there is less objection fromIndian authorities and the possibilities of exploiting African sources of forest produce too. Could easily be routed through Karachi.
Pharma and cars, there is a huge grey/blackmarket of importing Indian cars and pharma in Pakistan. And Indian Pharma does have high end drugs applications that could help the Pakistani market. But as far as regular OTC drugs go,you're right,imports may tend to push the local Pakistani producers.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:42 PM ----------

Surprised to say this myself..but could not agree more

‘Chuwarey’ are a type of dried dates, usually served in Muslim wedding ceremonies. They are believed to have great aphodosiac prowess and are especially good for the angle. ;) the groom is fed a lot of these chuwaras for reasons that can't be discussed in the forum openly (Take it as a light joke):partay:

What ever is imported or rather 'smuggled' into India has consequences for Pakistan. The corpulent elite export their produce to India illegally for few extra bucks only to create a deficit of that commodity over here. The recent sugar crisis was one such instance. Consequently, and need less to say, price hikes in Pakistan is quite rampant due to these hording activities. So, basically Pakistanis are gonna get juiced while some politicians and businessman export items such needed at home. BTW, ALL the sugar mills are owned by politicians, so for them its quite a business venture, shaking hands with Bharat. Who gives a crap about the proletarians right?!? Besides, whatever happened to India’s green revolution?

A strict smuggling ban must be inacted, I don’t wanna buy Vatika, or Hajmola and other Indian products when I have Pakistani alternatives. And if other Pakistanis do not possess this sense of pride to ‘Be Pakistani and Buy Pakistani’ then they should be reprimanded as well. We simply cannot allow a more powerfully marketed product on cheaper prices being dumped in Pakistan.

Indian pharma products are present, but Im pretty sure that your cars are not present here. Are you sure about the cars import bit?

All in all, you can take any Indian product, field it in the Pakistani market, and the local product will NEVER be able to compete, giving the buyer enough reason to buy the Indian product. Indian factories churn out products at an unbelievable rate and exporting it to Pakistan also give Indian manufactures a minimum order quantity cushion. Again benefiting India but horrendously suicidal for Pakistan in the long haul.

Indian Cars present in Pakistan? don't think So. except for Embassy Vehicles?

A Mahindra Xylo Embassy Vehicle in Pakistan: :azn:
251318-Spotted----Mahindra-EYLO-E4---Lahore-Canal-10062011086.jpg

‘Chuwarey’ are a type of dried dates, usually served in Muslim wedding ceremonies. They are believed to have great aphodosiac prowess and are especially good for the angle. ;) the groom is fed a lot of these chuwaras for reasons that can't be discussed in the forum openly (Take it as a light joke):partay:

What ever is imported or rather 'smuggled' into India has consequences for Pakistan. The corpulent elite export their produce to India illegally for few extra bucks only to create a deficit of that commodity over here. The recent sugar crisis was one such instance. Consequently, and need less to say, price hikes in Pakistan is quite rampant due to these hording activities. So, basically Pakistanis are gonna get juiced while some politicians and businessman export items such needed at home. BTW, ALL the sugar mills are owned by politicians, so for them its quite a business venture, shaking hands with Bharat. Who gives a crap about the proletarians right?!? Besides, whatever happened to India’s green revolution?

A strict smuggling ban must be inacted, I don’t wanna buy Vatika, or Hajmola and other Indian products when I have Pakistani alternatives. And if other Pakistanis do not possess this sense of pride to ‘Be Pakistani and Buy Pakistani’ then they should be reprimanded as well. We simply cannot allow a more powerfully marketed product on cheaper prices being dumped in Pakistan.

Indian pharma products are present, but Im pretty sure that your cars are not present here. Are you sure about the cars import bit?

All in all, you can take any Indian product, field it in the Pakistani market, and the local product will NEVER be able to compete, giving the buyer enough reason to buy the Indian product. Indian factories churn out products at an unbelievable rate and exporting it to Pakistan also give Indian manufactures a minimum order quantity cushion. Again benefiting India but horrendously suicidal for Pakistan in the long haul.

hum to lekar rahenge mfn status:D

India faces a shortage of cement and sugar, Pakistan can export considerable amounts to India.

so do we!! do you have any idea about the sharp rise in the prices of both items in the last 3-4 years? Pakistanis are still raving about sugar prices! I'm not sure, but if the rise is a 100%, I would'nt be surprised. so its nonsensical to export something that we don't have enough for ourselves.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Thats true, there isn't but your industry gets more competent and the trade surplus can be offset by increased investments by India in Pakistan. Lets open the doors, we can take care of the nitty gritty's later.

Quite the contrary... our industries will suffer from extinction and or hostile takeovers.

remvoed contents of the flame bait post

Well, you'll also precisely be doing the same, sneaking in your saboteurs, MQM, TTP, and BLA sending in their boys to India, getting training and comuting freely under the garbs of business visas. Unacceptable. 100s of Ajmal Paharis on the loose!!

BTW, its your govt whose so dead set to do business with us not the other way around. Please don't do us any favors, we are'nt exactly dying here for Indian products (expect Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif... wana do a trade?????? will pay top bucks :bounce:)

I guarentee once they go back, all they'll be saying is PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!! PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD!! :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

hum to lekar rahenge mfn status:D

Hum to dey ke rahenge danda.. opps I mean Jhanda :enjoy::pakistan: Choro Yaar, pher kaho gey hum ne Ajmal Kasab part 2 bhej diye Delli mey.

Well, you'll also precisely be doing the same, sneaking in your saboteurs, MQM, TTP, and BLA sending in their boys to India, getting training and comuting freely under the garbs of business visas. Unacceptable. 100s of Ajmal Paharis on the loose!!

BTW, its your govt whose so dead set to do business with us not the other way around. Please don't do us any favors, we are'nt exactly dying here for Indian products (expect Lara Dutta and Katrina Kaif... wana do a trade?????? will pay top bucks :bounce:)

I guarentee once they go back, all they'll be saying is PAKISTAN ZINDABAD!! PAKISTAN ZINDABAAD!! :pakistan:

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Hum to dey ke rahenge danda.. opps I mean Jhanda :enjoy::pakistan:

Nice attitude:yahoo:

This article is hyperbole.indian econmy is not growing rather declining .this year its GDP has been downgraded to less than 7.5% and its export growth figures are contested to be fake and manipulated data

so according to you the International bodies are telling lie on India.Are you know about DIPB Scheme to boost trade

the govts. can appoint people to lead trade delegations and trade-councils on both sides....it should comprise of technocrats, business risk analysts, consultants, etc. in different fields

i guess education, health, textiles and IT fields are ones which could be jointly dealt with....that will require more lax visa regulations on both sides, so while the government should keep its nose and fingerprint away from any cooperation involved, their initial approval would have to take root

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom