What's new

Islam: The Misunderstood Religion! - Abdur-Raheem Green

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem lies not as much as in Islam being a misunderstood religion but in being the most 'misinterpreted' (if you may) religion.
Sir being Misunderstood is main problem Islam has it all most who misunderstand have never even listened to some Scholar or read the main Source Quran and Hadees and Sunnah

islam is not a religion in the first place...its a political idealogy primarily....
i would tend to agree, if you read the great book satanic verses, it is said that the word of god was distorted to sit ones political ambitions. So mostly islam is a political tool to get power

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Sir being Misunderstood is main problem Islam has it all most who misunderstand have never even listened to some Scholar or read the main Source Quran and Hadees and Sunnah

how can islam be misunderstood or misinterpreted? is it written in a complicated and cumbersome manner?

i would tend to agree, if you read the great book satanic verses, it is said that the word of god was distorted to sit ones political ambitions. So mostly islam is a political tool to get power

leave satanic verses out...what happened after muhammed died ??...power struggle ...to control the empire and assume the mantle of leader of muslims...basically a political power struggle....after that islam was primarily used by the arabs and then by various other tribes only for their empire building purposes....

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

how can islam be misunderstood or misinterpreted? is it written in a complicated and cumbersome manner?

I find the Geeta mind boggling. If you cant understand something its basically because you are daft enough not to.
I can critique something all the time without having actually done it, but Im still the fool for not taking the time out to try with an open mind.

Great book Satanic verses.. Im sure you like Prophet of doom as well??
Please keep your religious hatred off the forums and stick to mundane posts.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Or they have listened to many so called "scholars" and have been trapped by bigoted,twisted and extreme interpretations of the Quan and Sunnah.

Jetti,

I can reply you very well, but the moderator gave me the warning.. or else I would have told you the reality of India

The problem lies not as much as in Islam being a misunderstood religion but in being the most 'misinterpreted' (if you may) religion.

By whom?
Humans.
Dan Brown may have given a very profound statement in his book..
"All religion is flawed, but only because man is flawed".
Any religion can be used as a political tool as the hearts of most men are flawed.
scientific theories keep changing.. interpretations of the results of experiments keep changing.
Put an unqualified or bigoted person at the helm of interpreting the meaning of anything.. and you will see his personal ideals reflected..
Everytime I go through interpretations and verses of the Quran.. I see it differently from the eyes of a Programmer, a Communications engineer and then as straightforward the text as it is.
The biggest mistake people make when interpreting the Quran is picking up verses out of context..
Its like quoting only "we will attack"..from a speech that says "we will attack if we are going to be attacked but our greatest desire is peace and so we will stand down"

I find the Geeta mind boggling. If you cant understand something its basically because you are daft enough not to.I can critique something all the time without having actually done it, but Im still the fool for not taking the time out to try with an open mind.

Great book Satanic verses.. Im sure you like Prophet of doom as well??
Please keep your religious hatred off the forums and stick to mundane posts.

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 AM ----------

Or they have listened to many so called "scholars" and have been trapped by bigoted,twisted and extreme interpretations of the Quan and Sunnah.

I am asking a questioin here. why is it that so many scholars of islam have different interpretations when every one says that quran has everything explicitly mentioned? so either the scholars are thick or quran is incomprehensible. geeta and hindu philosophy is not easy to understand, one needs intelligence to understand and there is endless debate on its interpretation. and its not a book that defines hindu religion. only a philosophy of indian people. even muslims and christians can follow its wisdom.

Jetti,

I can reply you very well, but the moderator gave me the warning.. or else I would have told you the reality of India

what will you reply madam..except more rants..? the truth is what he said..it is as blunt as it can get....we were physically defeated ..but never spiritually....getting defeated spiritually is the perennial defeat....you suffered that....

anyway leave it here.....the day islam starts concentrating only on spiritual matters and less on political matters..it is that day when the misconceptions of islam will be removed...

what will you reply madam..except more rants..? the truth is what he said..it is as blunt as it can get....we were physically defeated ..but never spiritually....getting defeated spiritually is the perennial defeat....you suffered that....

What truth? So anyone who converts to Christianity or Islam gets defeated spiritually? That is like 50% of world population...

and as I mentioned in previous post, modern day Pakistanis were slave race only partially.. After British India captured 60% Afghanistan and incorporated into Pakistan, the same invaders i.e. Pashtuns (ghori, ghaznavi etc) became Pakistanis.. more Pashtuns in Pakistan as compared to Afghanistan... And Punjabis were the only ones that who resisted invasion and they make 48% of Pakistani population and only 3% of Indian population..

And even if we got defeated spiritually as you say... I am glad that we did!! We ended up using that religion so we r not part of SOUTH INDIA anymore... and I really thank Jinnah for this.... Do you know Jinnah used to eat pork and drink wine.. he wasn't a very Islamic Man.. then why he separated NORTH WESTERN STATES FROM PENINSULAR INDIA.. WHY? THINK ABOUT IT (wink wink!)

What truth? So anyone who converts to Christianity or Islam gets defeated spiritually? That is like 50% of world population...

and as I mentioned in previous post, modern day Pakistanis were slave race only partially.. After British India captured 60% Afghanistan and incorporated into Pakistan, the same invaders i.e. Pashtuns (ghori, ghaznavi etc) became Pakistanis.. more Pashtuns in Pakistan as compared to Afghanistan... And Punjabis were the only ones that who resisted invasion and they make 48% of Pakistani population and only 3% of Indian population..

And even if we got defeated spiritually as you say... I am glad that we did!! We ended up using that religion so we r not part of SOUTH INDIA anymore... and I really thank Jinnah for this.... Do you know Jinnah used to eat pork and drink wine.. he wasn't a very Islamic Man.. then why he separated NORTH WESTERN STATES FROM PENINSULAR INDIA.. WHY? THINK ABOUT IT (wink wink!)
Indians were never a slave race. you guys converted once , so you may convert again based on the situation?
anyone who converts is not a slave but only indians who converted to islam during the time of barbarians like ghori and ghazni and aurangzeb. anyways as you say it , you guys converted to use it as a political tool. and thats exactly what my good friend Kazhugu said in his post. i would never use hinduism as a political tool to achieve personal agendas, religion is for connecting with god. but from what you sy looks like you guys use religion to achieve polotical gains. good.. so be it.
BTW, south india is part of india, not the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom