What's new

ISI Chief carries message for Saudi King

if we are done with Saudi Arabia bashing,
it's abt the American chickens dieing in wholesale quantity in Afghanistan.

US seeks Pak, Saudi support in dialogues with Afghan Taliban
Sunday, 1 Nov, 2009 5:11 pm

ISLAMABAD : The United States has decided to initiate dialogue with Afghan Taliban, and requested Pakistan and Saudi Arabia for their support in dialogue process, Aaj news reported.

Diplomatic sources told the channel that the US has decided to dialogue with Taliban in Afghanistan.

Main commander and Naib Amir Mullah Akhund from Taliban side is taking part in dialogue process with the US.

Source said Mullah Akhund has made it clear to US for not creating rift among the Taliban on the basis of money.

He also asked the US to take its forces out of Afghanistan as soon as possible so that government as per with the wishes of Afghan people could be formed.

AAJ TV : Pakistan Ki Awaz

Salafi Saudis funding TTP terrorists to kill PA soldiers is not really supporting PA...don't you think??

I'm afraid most pakistanis don't care to take dictation from outsiders - whether its the US or Saudi. Our government and military should do the same.

The "indo-persian crap" is our ethnic and cultural heritage. If you can't relate to it, maybe you should move to Saudi and live like a Najdi tribal. Given the rampantly arab-centric racist outlook in Saudi, you probably won't be accepted. :)

We are not indo-persians dude, we are Pakistanis. There is more than 180 million of us in the world, we are a people of our own.

Pakistanis especially from our western provinces would never consider themselves indo-persians.

As for Saudi Arabia, dont forget the help they gave Pakistan in the 90's when US placed sanctions on Pakistan.

Pakistan needs more friends not more enemies.

Pakistan cant afford to lose its friends, Saudi Arabia is a friend of Pakistan.

Last edited:
I am surprised at the level of hate secular and swatter have for Saudis. You may disagree with the Saudi government, but your hate for Arabs is racist. As for the indo-persian culture being our heritage, that may be true to a certain extent. But you can't deny that there is also Arab influence in our culture, language, and even in our ethnicity. Swatter, you need to stop your disinformation campaign about Saudis funding TTP. How about you provide some evidence for a change?

Now to the topic. Let me add my 2 cents of speculation. Pakistan has experienced some tensions with Iran lately, with Iranian leaders making some stupid statements about ISI creating trouble in Iran. They have not only threatened to cross the border, but have in fact done so. The matter was quickly hush hushed. I don't know what's going on behind the scene. But Pasha may well have gone to Saudi Arabia to discuss Iran's increasing meddling in the affairs of its neighbours.

I am surprised at the level of hate secular and swatter have for Saudis. You may disagree with the Saudi government, but your hate for Arabs is racist. As for the indo-persian culture being our heritage, that may be true to a certain extent. But you can't deny that there is also Arab influence in our culture, language, and even in our ethnicity. Swatter, you need to stop your disinformation campaign about Saudis funding TTP. How about you provide some evidence for a change?

I was talking about their society, values, and science. If criticizing arabs for being a stagnant/backward country is racist, then perhaps I am racist. Please read my post again.

Thanks

You may disagree with the Saudi government, but your hate for Arabs is racist. As for the indo-persian culture being our heritage, that may be true to a certain extent. But you can't deny that there is also Arab influence in our culture, language, and even in our ethnicity. Swatter, you need to stop your disinformation campaign about Saudis funding TTP. How about you provide some evidence for a change?

You misread my comment. I have nothing against arabs but I do have a problem with arabs in saudi who have a arab-centric racist outlook and think they are superior to everybody.

As far as Saudis funding the TTP goes...

This is just for starters ...a little reality check for you.

Financial Times March 2009

The US has told its Nato partners that funds from individuals in Gulf states such as Saudi Arabia now rival drug money as a source of financing for Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

The US launched a high-profile push to reduce Gulf funding for the Taliban, al-Qaeda and other militant groups operating out of Afghanistan in the immediate aftermath of the September 11 attacks in 2001. As a result, in recent years insurgent links to Afghanistan’s burgeoning heroin trade have become the principal focus.

But Richard Holbrooke, US special representative for Afghanistan and Pakistan, expressed fresh concerns to Nato ambassadors during a briefing this week on the US’s strategic review of Afghan-Pakistan policy, which is expected to be announced on Friday.

“He said that the prime source of funding for the Taliban is not from narcotics but from private individuals and groups in the Gulf region particularly Saudi,” said a western diplomat, without giving further details.

Another official attending the meeting said Mr Holbrooke had suggested that much of the funding from poppy production appeared to go to individuals linked in some way to the Afghan government.

“There is real concern about funding for extremists in the Afghanistan-Pakistan region coming from the Gulf, which we understand rivals or exceeds the money they are getting from drugs,” said another diplomat, quoting estimates of $150m-$300m for insurgents’ drugs cash.

Diplomats made clear that the money did not appear to come from Gulf governments but from groups and private individuals.

The US has for some time been pushing Saudi Arabia to ensure that funds raised for charities do not ultimately finance Islamist militants.

Saudi Charity Funding TTP terror attacks

Monday, September 14, 2009

News Jang Group Desk

ISLAMABAD: A Saudi Arabian charity believed to be a front for al-Qaeda has provided USD 15 million (55 million dirhams) to extremist groups in Pakistan for carrying out terror attacks, according to a secret report prepared by Pakistani police.

A major chunk of the funds provided by the Al-Haramain Foundation went to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, said the report prepared by the Crime Investigation Department.

The Al-Haramain Foundation has been banned by the UN Security Council for its links to al-Qaeda. According to the CID report, Hakimullah Mehsud, the successor to slain Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Baitullah Mehsud, has vowed to avenge his killing in a US drone attack in August.

“The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan is likely to strike major cities of the Punjab,” said the report.The report further said: “The joint plans of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan and Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan are to target Shias. The plans are meant to avenge the recent killing of a top Sipahe-e-Sahaba Pakistan man in Karachi.

“The new Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakimullah Mehsud and his cousin Qari Hussain Ahmed have strong anti-Shia views and ties with the (banned) Lashkar-e-Jhangvi and Jaish-e-Mohammed.”

Last edited:
I am surprised at the level of hate secular and swatter have for Saudis. You may disagree with the Saudi government, but your hate for Arabs is racist. Swatter, you need to stop your disinformation campaign about Saudis funding TTP. How about you provide some evidence for a change?

Now to the topic. Let me add my 2 cents of speculation. Pakistan has experienced some tensions with Iran lately, with Iranian leaders making some stupid statements about ISI creating trouble in Iran.

I do resent the fascist Saudi-grown Salafi ideology as I have zero tolerance for fascism in all its forms.

The report below will serve as some food for thought.

Where do you think the Salafi doctrine with all its anti-shia vitriol on display in Fata and Malakand came from.....the Planet Jupiter??

Why was the poster boy for TTP, the terrorist scumbag Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Rasheed asking the government to implement 'Saudi laws'???

The fingerprints of the Saudi Salafi network are everywhere...it is what it is.

DAWN News
August 2009

On August 5 when a US drone fired a missile at a house in South Waziristan, my source in the Taliban-infested area informed me that TTP chief Baitullah Mehsud had been killed instantly.

The missile strike took out its prized target but also set off rumours — some that he had been killed and others, attributed mainly to the Taliban, that he had not been eliminated — until his successor was announced.

However, there were others who were worried about the Taliban phenomenon with regard to the growing differences among the jihadists. Who would replace Baitullah? What would be their future course of action? There were many contenders: Qari Hussain, Hakimullah, Maulana Waliur Rehman, Noor Saeed, Azmatullah and Raees Khan.

The choice was really hard for the Taliban. Tribal affinities and the Salafi factor were at the centre of post-Baitullah power politics in Waziristan, which prevented the 43-member Taliban shura from naming a new chief. The delay also showed that Baitullah had never nominated a successor.

The top three contenders Hakimullah, Qari Hussain and Azam Tariq belong to the Balolzai branch of the Mehsud tribe, whereas Maulana Waliur Rehman, Azmatullah and Noor Saeed come from the Manzai branch. Historically, the Manzai sub-tribe has been in the forefront of power politics in Mehsud territory and has provided both manpower and leadership to the Taliban.

The Manzai finally lost to the Balolzai when it came to the TTP succession. Hakimullah sidelined the rest and the Taliban shura was left with no option but to choose between him and Maulana Waliur Rehman. They crowned Hakimullah, while Maulana Waliur Rehman was made ameer of South Waziristan. Azam Tariq was nominated as spokesman.

Will it be possible for the TTP to sustain its mainstream leadership in Waziristan? Or will the Salafi school stake its claim? The influence of the militant Ashaat Tauheed wa Sunnah, JUI-F and the outlawed Sipah-i-Sahaba Pakistan is also a factor.

The Taliban have deep-rooted differences: Faqir Mohammad, TTP chief in Bajaur, had earlier announced that Hakimullah would be the new leader whereas NWFP MP Mufti Kifayatullah of the JUI-F told the media that Maulana Waliur Rehman had been nominated TTP chief.

The Taliban in Khyber Agency, Bajaur, Orakzai and Swat are influenced by the Salafi school of thought. In Orakzai Agency, where the Taliban have challenged Shia militants on their turf, the Salafi -influenced Lashkar-i-Jhangvi has swelled the ranks of the TTP giving it a sectarian overtone, which is why Azam Tariq, with clear affiliations to the sectarian outfit, has been appointed as TTP’s central spokesman. The Salafi movement has overshadowed the Taliban from Swat to Orakzai except for Waziristan where the JUI-F is still calling the shots.What is the picture that emerges?

Baitullah Mehsud, Hafiz Gul Bahadur and Maulvi Nazir had, in March 2009, formed a 13-member council called Shura-i-Ittihadul Mujahideen. The shura received a death-blow on August 15 when 17 associates of Maulvi Nazir and Gul Bahadur were gunned down in the Mehsud-dominated Salae Roghae area of the Ladha sub-division. The Nazir group later demanded that the Baitullah group hand over eight men, including Uzbeks and Mehsuds, to it for their complicity. Thus the Shura-i-Ittihadul Mujahideen fell apart.

Room to breathe for the Hakimullah-led TTP has considerably lessened with the presence of the Abdullah group in the Mehsud area, Turkistan Bitani in the FR Tank area, Maulvi Nazir in the Wazir-dominated area and Hafiz Gul Bahadar in North Waziristan.

Last edited:
GCC has long term intrests in Pakistan, our nuke is financed by them and also we have defence agreements.

GCC also buying land and utility organisations in Pakistan , it is favour of both countries to develop close cooperation with each other , It will generate balance of Power in region and neutralise Iranian and Indian influence in Region.

GCC has long term intrests in Pakistan, our nuke is financed by them and also we have defence agreements.

GCC also buying land and utility organisations in Pakistan , it is favour of both countries to develop close cooperation with each other , It will generate balance of Power in region and neutralise Iranian and Indian influence in Region.

So!The US. panic over Pakistan's Nuke getting in hand of Al qaeda is justified???

Pakistan,Saudia and UAE. were the only countries that recognized Taliban govt. in Afghanistan.

Only Pakistan has reverse its policy about Taliban.

So!The US. panic over Pakistan's Nuke getting in hand of Al qaeda is justified???

Israel is more worried ?????

Pakistan,Saudia and UAE. were the only countries that recognized Taliban govt. in Afghanistan.

Only Pakistan has reverse its policy about Taliban.

Who told you Pakistan has reversed its policy?????

Better wait and see US policy:D

UAE have forces inside Afghanistan supporting the ISAF/U.N. mandated mission. They are officially on board. No doubt they've rich donars that feel otherwise as do many within the G.C.C./KSA.

Many Saudis seek to fight Iran to the last Pakistani if possible just as many within the PRC hope for the same against India.

I wonder if there are enough Pakistanis to go around?

I predict that you shall live in interesting times as well not be long for this cyber-world.

Thanks.:usflag:

Many Saudis seek to fight Iran to the last Pakistani if possible just as many within the PRC hope for the same against India.

I wonder if there are enough Pakistanis to go around?
If i were you S-2 i would be worried about Americans not Pakistanis..The Afghans want to fight Taliban to the last American..I wonder if there are enough body bags ready in USA because surely the causality number is going up and up...I wonder if there are enough graves to bury all of them in Arlington..?

Last edited:
@ Talbanswater
what about india or iran they well welcome you????
dear why should saudis support TTP??? some culprits must be their but not much... TTP is being supported by India, Isreal, and CIA its well known...
i dont need to give source its well known....
what about jamat-dawa they belong to salafi as well but they didnt ever panic pakistan ...

So what was Pasha's visit was all about??

There was a show (Live with Talat on Aaj TV) where he showed diaries of captured Al-Qaeda terrorists from Bajur. According to those diaries there were Saudi Personnel involved there... But also there were indications that Saudi Government is not involved in it.

Back
Top Bottom