What's new

ISI - a big failure?

ISI bred and sponsored terrorism, eventually exporting it to India. U attacked us in the past and we replied back in Kargil. We shall not forget your bastards who attacked us in 2008 on your soil. There is a heavy price for violence. Law of karma: what goes around comes back. The current state of turmoil Pakistan is in is because of past karma against India. Catastrophe coming of militants in Pakistan. Jai Hind! Hindustan Zindabad!
:laughcry: tamil tigers will come and bite your arse thn just like Maoists did the other day

No doubt ISI is fighting & protecting Pakistan against certain "Problems" & "threats", but the irony is that many of these "Problems" & "threats" were created & nurtured by ISI itself! And they are still creating & nurturing certain elements who will become "Problems" & "threats" for Pakistan in future. That's why there are voices against ISI within Pakistan itself, and these voices are not necessarily anti-Pakistani or unpatriotic. One should judge whether ISI is a big failure by critically evaluating if it is the ISI itself that is mostly responsible for the "Problems" & "threats" Pakistan is presently facing.

No doubt ISI is fighting & protecting Pakistan against certain "Problems" & "threats", but the irony is that many of these "Problems" & "threats" were created & nurtured by ISI itself! And they are still creating & nurturing certain elements who will become "Problems" & "threats" for Pakistan in future. That's why there are voices against ISI within Pakistan itself, and these voices are not necessarily anti-Pakistani or unpatriotic. One should judge whether ISI is a big failure by critically evaluating if it is the ISI itself that is mostly responsible for the "Problems" & "threats" Pakistan is presently facing.

When Tehrik e Taliban was nurtured by ISI? sometimes indian go full retard

To mafiya: Where did I take any name? And weren't they? However, do ponder over the thought that how many of the "Problems" & "threats" Pakistan is presently facing were actually created & nurtured by ISI, if you honestly think about it, you will be able to come up with many names. It is the validation of good old Frankenstein story :)

Sorry Neighbor Pakistani Love ISI but if you talkin about these voice most of them are only against ISI's political wing other then this ISI's never, neverever disappoint any Pakistani, as far as Taliban, sorry every one knew the BIG diff in TTP and Afghan Mujaheddin.

ISI is a military intelligence agency, equivalent to the United States Defense Intelligence Agency. And thus its not under Civilian Jurisdiction, but Military. After the Coup in 1958 which brought in Military dictator Ayub Khan to power in Pakistan, ISI role changed from sharing intel between all branches of the military to ensuring the current military junta stays in power and eliminating the enemies. So in essence became a personal spy agency for the military leadership.

First spying on Pakistani civilians who were opposed to their rule, then expanding it to further their foreign agenda such as the 1965 War with India, 1971 Civil War, Baloch Uprisings in 1977, Political Enemies, Kashmir Conflicts with India and then Soviet War in Afghanistan in 1980s and bringing the Taliban to power in the 1990s.

Its powerful because it does not report to the civilian government but military and military is the most powerful organization in Pakistan.

If you were to compare Pakistani Intelligence Agencies with USA, here is how they would compare.

ISI - US equivalent is the Defense Intelligence Agency
FIA - US equivalent is the Federal Bureau of Investigation
MI - US equivalent is the National Security Agency
IB - US equivalent is the Central Intelligence Agency

Neither CIA nor ISI is a military intelligence agency. You got it all wrong. IB is the internal intelligence agency in Pakistan.

Sorry Neighbor Pakistani Love ISI but if you talkin about these voice most of them are only against ISI's political wing other then this ISI's never, neverever disappoint any Pakistani, as far as Taliban, sorry every one knew the BIG diff in TTP and Afghan Mujaheddin.
Exactly!!
This is the key difference. TTP, despite using the name of Taliban have no real connection with the Taliban of the Afghan-Soviet war, that, together with CIA and US, ISI did supported! This is a simple fact many fail to realize and this is something our pathetic media never try to cover, let alone emphasize on....
Talk to any Pakistani with a little bit of general Knowledge and he will give you enough evidence of this fact. We all know what TTP are and who supports them. (I am not quoting any names either :) )

Exactly!!
This is the key difference. TTP, despite using the name of Taliban have no real connection with the Taliban of the Afghan-Soviet war, that, together with CIA and US, ISI did supported! This is a simple fact many fail to realize and this is something our pathetic media never try to cover, let alone emphasize on....
Talk to any Pakistani with a little bit of general Knowledge and he will give you enough evidence of this fact. We all know what TTP are and who supports them. (I am not quoting any names either :) )

okayyy

TTP joins Afghan Taliban to wage spring offensive - thenews.com.pk

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistans-war/249950-ttp-joins-afghan-taliban-wage-spring-offensive.html

:cheesy:
Boy.... you opened my eyes.. thanks!!
But wait, didn't i said already that TTP are using the name TALIBAN, in fact i remember saying something like "TTP, despite using the name of Taliban have no real connection with the Taliban of the Afghan-Soviet war" So what is new that you have enlightened me with?
Dear, TTP on many many occasions have posed as if they are part of the afghan Taliban, the thing that matters is whether afghans have ever supported or shown support for there actions!!
TTP, with its name is misleading and this is something that our media fails to tell common person!

But wait, didn't i said already that TTP are using the name TALIBAN, in fact i remember saying something like "TTP, despite using the name of Taliban have no real connection with the Taliban of the Afghan-Soviet war" So what is new that you have enlightened me with?
Dear, TTP on many many occasions have posed as if they are part of the afghan Taliban, the thing that matters is whether afghans have ever supported or shown support for there actions!!
TTP, with its name is misleading and this is something that our media fails to tell common person!

jang news claims that Ulema of Pakistan have asked Mullah Umar to intervene and force the TTP to have dialogue and negotiate cease fire with Pakistan

Neither CIA nor ISI is a military intelligence agency. You got it all wrong. IB is the internal intelligence agency in Pakistan.

re CIA you are right

ISI stands for inter services intelligence
by services it means Army air force and Navy

the officers are sourced from all three services and so are the NCOs and then there is a tier of civilians as well in it but essentially ISI is a part of the military and the ISI chief comes under the COAS.
look up its past and present directors to get the idea.

as far as the subject question is concerned, yes ISI shares the burden of failure along with all different military and civilian intelligence and law enforcement agencies/ forces
given the chaos TTP was able create since our joining of WoT.

yes there are odd successes and triumphs but they didnt break the backbone of the terrorists and their handlers

Maybe better brand name, more complex agendas , better payroll and better offers from the above could be the reasons why they are posing.

Maybe better brand name, more complex agendas , better payroll and better offers from the above could be the reasons why they are posing.

indeed you are right. so right that you dont even know it

after the MMA govt brokered the deal with the TTP in Sawat and made way for them to rule it and make its town square in
to the medieval time London Bridge (the English used to execute the enemies of the King) aka Khuni chowk,
many outlaws started looting and plundering under the brand name of Taliban.

it only suffered a slight blow when the army launched the operations and suddenly many people who where opportunist criminals suddenly lost the appetite for the said brand name bar some really hardcore and fckedup zealots who faced the army tanks head on.

remember that security agencies like the law enforcement and the civil services are all infiltrated with active supporters and sympathisers that has made the job of the agencies and forces even more difficult who are genuinely against the cult of Al Qaeda & Taliban and want to undo the poison brought in from Saudi ideology & American funding to fight the Soviets.

due to this infiltration and back-stabbing, ISI at one point lost its operatives on daily bases while in duty in tribal areas.

the way Americans are now changing their mind with respect to Afghan Taliban has boosted the TTP even further which sees victory in sight once the American help is gone for the Pakistan army and Afghanistan will be a free backyard to operate and regroup to attack Pakistan.

assassinations, drone strikes and division among the militants will be one way to go about it but there is another problem as well
both Pakistan and USA are failing because of their common mistrust with each other and sometimes one or the other sabotages the efforsts of the others

e.g. droning of Molvi Faqir who was to assist Pak army or capture of Mullah Bradar by ISI who was secretly in talks with CIA excluding ISI. so in few cases the taliban are able to play CIA and ISI against each other although it should be other way round and it was the case during Musharraf time when there was much better closer and honest partnership leading to the capture of KSM for example.

maybe a sole purpose, misleading the general public and bringing bad name to country,,,

With all due respect, @Last Hope, isn't it the job of the ISI to also make sure that such an obvious plot as the one you have detailed out in the OP does not succeed? So far, I see the ISI taking no steps to control the flow of disinformation, the media has spiralled completely out of control since this post was written. Other than that, I see the ISI taking no steps to try to bridge the growing trust-deficit between the Army and the people. Such action is also part of their responsibility, the people can not be expected to be wise to the enemy's plans. It is the ISI and the Army who should lead from the front in this regard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom