What's new

Is Veena Malik a threat to Islam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pakistan is going backwards in time, instead of going forward. Veena Malik has received support from her grandmother, she encourage her. Whereas new generation Pakistani's deemed film industry unsuitable for girls.

when did vulgarness became a step that leads a country backwards?? Islam gives woman the right she deserves. Instead of making her a public property, Islam instructs a woman to cover herself which dignifies her status. .

ABOVE ALL: ISLAM WAS THE FIRST RELIGION TO GRANT WOMAN THE RIGHT SHE DESERVES. . .

I think I am also from India and at no point time neither i was forced nor was I asked to be in sleazy clothes to get ahead and get good rankings or get my job done..... :confused:

its not India. . . just dont drag Islam in this. . .

when did vulgarness became a step that leads a country backwards?? Islam gives woman the right she deserves. Instead of making her a public property, Islam instructs a woman to cover herself which dignifies her status. .

ABOVE ALL: ISLAM WAS THE FIRST RELIGION TO GRANT WOMAN THE RIGHT SHE DESERVES. . .

I beg to differ on the bolded part.... As i think in hinduism the women were given women rights all before islam. though there was a social evil present named sati. before islam hindusism had already made women equal to men in all aspects and in fact had women centered around many religious philosophies.

She is one attention seeking lady nothing more. its her personal choices how she wanna live. she aint hurting others what she is doing is for herself.

but those who consider her a threat are definetly a threat to islam.

Pakistan never said that she is a threat to Islam. It is only Indians who are trying force this absurd theory on us.
The Government of Pakistan was concerned about her because she is more vulgar than any woman in the show. . .

Why do you guys think that your religion is so weak to be threatened by a third rate TV actress ??

I dont think so.

Not at all. An individual's actions cannot shame a religion. And certainly not by a varied interpretation of personal morality (e.g. Veena Malik). I would go so far as to say that the acts of individuals - even when they are violent - do not *shame* a religion. Whether it is Osama or Zawahiri, Tim McVeigh or David Koresh, Modi or Purohit, their actions are theirs alone. They are not the actions of Islam, Christianity or Hinduism.

That said, the choice of headline is interesting because it obviously gets readers turning their heads and reading the piece.

A bit offtopic - Why cant you guys resist from naming a man who has recently been found clean and acquitted by the SIT in the riots ??

Preconcieved notions dont die so easily I guess.:rolleyes:

She is one attention seeking lady nothing more. its her personal choices how she wanna live. she aint hurting others what she is doing is for herself.

but those who consider her a threat are definetly a threat to islam.

She has hurt our sentiments by become a public sexual object.

I beg to differ on the bolded part.... As i think in hinduism the women were given women rights all before islam. though there was a social evil present named sati. before islam hindusism had already made women equal to men in all aspects and in fact had women centered around many religious philosophies.

you have a wrong concept. If you think that before Islam or hinduism woman through the history was always treated as slave, it is wrong.

If you go through Christianity, Mary ( Bibi Mariam (R.A)) had a dignified status in the society and there are so many examples before it.

The right we are talking about is LIKE GIVING HER A SHARE IN PROPERTY, GIVING HER THE RIGHT TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE,

which before Islam was never given to woman. . .

Pakistan never said that she is a threat to Islam. It is only Indians who are trying force this absurd theory on us.
The Government of Pakistan was concerned about her because she is more vulgar than any woman in the show. . .

Shyema Sajjad is the Deputy Editor at Dawn.com and I dont think there is any newspaper called Dawn in India.

If she is vulgar than thats her choice of living and can do whatever she likes till she is not crossing her legal limits or hurting anyone.

WTF.... did i even took the name Islam in my quoted post or said something related to Islam. :undecided:

you did not get the meaning. I said that India is not the issue over here. People are associating Islam with the actions of a single woman. Which is nonsense. . .

you have a wrong concept. If you think that before Islam or hinduism woman through the history was always treated as slave, it is wrong.

If you go through Christianity, Mary ( Bibi Mariam (R.A)) had a dignified status in the society and there are so many examples before it.

The right we are talking about is LIKE GIVING HER A SHARE IN PROPERTY, GIVING HER THE RIGHT TO ACQUIRE KNOWLEDGE,

which before Islam was never given to woman. . .

These were already there in hindusim long before where the women had equal rights to the property of father.

"Arthashastra and Manusamhita are sources about the woman's right to property or ‘Stridhan’, (literally meaning, property of wife). It is of two types: maintenance (in money or land given by the husband), and anything else like ornaments given to her by her family, husband, in-laws and the friends of her husband. Manu further subdivides this into six types - the property given by parents at marriage, given by the parental family when she is going to her husband’s house, given by her husband out of affection (not maintenance which he is bound to give), and property given separately by brother, mother and father [Manu IX 194]. Pre-nuptial contracts are also mentioned where the groom would agree to give a set amount of brideprice to both parents and the bride. Such property belonged to the wife alone and was not to be touched by the groom or her parents except in emergencies (in sickness, in famine, threatened by robbers, or for performing holy deeds). At the same time, the Manu Smriti contradicts itself by declaring that a wife has no property and the wealth earned is for the husband [Manu VIII.416].
Daughters and sons equally inherited their mother's property; but some scriptures insist that a mother's property belongs solely to the daughters [Manu IX 131], in order of preference: unmarried daughters, married but poor daughters, married and rich daughters. When a father died, unmarried daughters had to be given a share in their father’s property, equal to one-fourth from every brother's share [since it is assumed that the married daughter had been given her share at marriage] [Manu IX. 118]. If the family has no sons, the (appointed) daughter is the sole inheritor of the property [Manu IX 127]."

Regarding right to education

"Katyayana's Varttika 125, 2477 mentions that there were female teachers of grammar. Patanjali wrote in his comments to Ashtadhyayi 3.3.21 and 4.1.14, that women undergo the thread ceremony before beginning their education, and says that women studied grammar."

you did not get the meaning. I said that India is not the issue over here. People are associating Islam with the actions of a single woman. Which is nonsense. . .

I do agree with you, the thing is let her do what she is doing but one should not be judgemental about others about who is Islamic and who isnt. Let somethings be left to God himself for making this world better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom