What's new

Is Urdu under threat?

I dunno how those figures were conceived but I never said that Persian or Arabic are equivalent to Urdu simply that Urdu is to Hindi what perhaps Dutch is to German - Both born out of a preceding language but both evolving into different languages due to different linguistic influences ! Hindi may not have much in the way of Saraiki Influence but some Saraiki words have found their way into Urdu, especially post Partition & vice versa for the areas where Hindi overlaps with some other Indian language !

I think you are feeding the troll. We have seen Indian troll brigade derail threads like this before. "Everything was invented in India" (State created in 1947) "Sanscrite is mother of all languages" Then they keep making delusional nut job history to support their absurd claims, then they start bringing in religious texts, vedas, Aryans, their skin colour complex, fair and lovely and what not. Do we really need to go down that path?

I reported his posts through, lets see if the moderators take note and action.

@RangerPK one more for you :

lafzon ka khiraj isko zabano ne dia he
he jisme har ek phool woh gulzar he urdu

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys think that Classic Urdu is under threat of extinction?

I recently saw a movie called in In Custody/Muhafiz (1993) by Ismail Merchant ( it's on youtube, can someone post it?)

what a beautiful, yet very sad film! showing the death of Urdu language in India and it being replaced by Hindi every where

It's a must watch movie! because it shows the death of Urdu, as well as the classic muslim culture of the subcontinent

do you think this is also happening in Pakistan?

Urdu is dying in India. Really?
In their each film they use Urdu words in speech and songs. And you are saying that Urdu is dying in India. And Urdu is our national language. How can this happen in Pakistan too?

No. Its actually the opposite in Pakistan. Urdu is actually threatening the existence of other languages most notably punjabi.

Hindi in todays india is very much diluted by Urdu. So some would rather call it Hurdu.

Classic muslim culture is certainly in trouble as many people have adapted western culture, but this can be said about many other cultures.

You are saying that Urdu is threatening Punjabi?
I use Punjabi in my home. I use Urdu to talk in office, with friends and outside home. No language is threatening other language.

Back
Top Bottom