What's new

Is Urdu not Pakistan's official language?

Aryan as in linguistically, right?

Aryan was a race, those perform certain rituals, religious activities, more specifically its type of culture of certain group of clans/society etc. The Sanskrit word 'Arya' means 'noble'. Its was indeed noble until Europeans ruined it in 19th and 20th centuries. Though they have no links with Aryan culture or heritage. From India to Europe people speak in Indo-European languages thats it. But now the word Aryan even linked with Indo-European languages.

Last edited:
Nah.......why should we when we have a language that s much more classic and rich than Urdu.? :smokin:

hehe you may have your own opinion, but i can assure you that Urdu is an extremly rich language. We have words from Mongolian, Turkic, Persian, Arabic + the local languages. Dont think Tamil can compare with that.

Really ?? I don't think ...

I'll drop a hint ...

Compare when did Urdu and Tamil originate;compare how many epic are there n Tamil and Urdu; compare the grammar treatise of Tamil and Urdu; compare how many literary works arr there......then u ll get an idea.

I also want to add that I'm not degrading Urdu in any way...just stating facts.

thats why we heard an Indian MP was stopped.criticised for demanding that maha classic language for the assembly proceedings :P

Jana ji...You are wrong.

Tamil Nadu assembly proceedings take place in Tamil Only and even the high court proceedings in Tamil (the only other language to have that status other than English and Hindi.)

Even the Official Languages Act passed in 1963 (amended in 1967) exempt Tamil Nadu from all rules stipulated by it,according a special status to Tamil.

Last edited:
hehe you may have your own opinion, but i can assure you that Urdu is an extremly rich language. We have words from Mongolian, Turkic, Persian, Arabic + the local languages. Dont think Tamil can compare with that.

First dont take wrongly as degarding Urdu.No Im not.

Seconly your point actually bolsters my point.Tamil infact was never derived from any language.It was a "proto-language" meaning it was a source from which many other languages were derived and didnt originate from anything itself.

The age of Tamil is not yet determined(tried,but couldn suceed).But on a minimum its estimated to be around 3000-4000 years.Not many languages can compare to that..Can it.?

Jana ji...You are wrong.

Tamil Nadu assembly proceedings take place in Tamil Only and even the high court proceedings in Tamil (the only other language to have that status other than English and Hindi.)

Even the Official Languages Act passed in 1963 (amended in 1967) exempt Tamil Nadu from all rules stipulated by it,according a special status to Tamil.

Actually every state is entitled to choose their own language, it's not something special in TamilNadu. Like in here we have Bengali and English for official purpose.

What Jana said is true, that incident happened in parliament. Though individual MP can speak in any recognized language, but at the time of question-answering ministers have to speak in either English or Hindi. That guy didnt know any of the two.

I'll drop a hint ...

Compare when did Urdu and Tamil originate;compare how many epic are there n Tamil and Urdu; compare the grammar treatise of Tamil and Urdu; compare how many literary works arr there......then u ll get an idea.

I also want to add that I'm not degrading Urdu in any way...just stating facts.

Well it does not matter whether you degrade urdu or not.

And what are epics other than a fiction fake stories made by people.

Tamil is among the oldest languages but the question is has Tamil made it to the world?

How many literary pieces in Tamil language entered the world readership?

Why Tamil has only stuck in South India ? even failed to made it to other parts of India ?

It is like Hinduism trying to remain concentrated in a closed world

Jana ji...You are wrong.

i will reply to this later i was not talking about only Tamil assembly.

let me collect my logical points before i open my mouth over something which i could not back :P

First dont take wrongly as degarding Urdu.No Im not.

Seconly your point actually bolsters my point.Tamil infact was never derived from any language.It was a "proto-language" meaning it was a source from which many other languages were derived and didnt originate from anything itself.

The age of Tamil is not yet determined(tried,but couldn suceed).But on a minimum its estimated to be around 3000-4000 years.Not many languages can compare to that..Can it.?

That once again not factual. Tamil originated from Proto-Dravidian language, like North Indic languages originated from Classical Sanskrit and that from Vedic Sanskrit which is equally old as Proto Dravidian.

capturevz.jpg

Actually every state is entitled to choose their own language, it's not something special in TamilNadu. Like in here we have Bengali and English for official purpose.

What Jana said is true, that incident happened in parliament. Though individual MP can speak in any recognized language, but at the time of question-answering ministers have to speak in either English or Hindi. That guy didnt know any of the two.

That is what i was saying. See informal chit chat arguments in assemblies even in Pakistan can be in Pashto, Sindhi, Balochis or Punjabi at state level BUT when it comes to official statements like question answer then you have to stick to official language/s

That is what i was saying. See informal chit chat arguments in assemblies even in Pakistan can be in Pashto, Sindhi, Balochis or Punjabi at state level BUT when it comes to official statements like question answer then you have to stick to official language/s

No actually formal chit-chats also can happen in regional languages(actually all languages in India is regional) like individual MPs can take oath in any recognized language. Only during question-answer period, the ministers have to answer in official languages of GoI probably because that will be archived exactly as it has been said by them.

Aryan was a race, those perform certain rituals, religious activities, more specifically its type of culture of certain group of clans/society etc. The Sanskrit word 'Arya' means 'noble'. Its was indeed noble until Europeans ruined it in 19th and 20th centuries. Though they have no links with Aryan culture or heritage. From India to Europe people speak in Indo-European languages thats it. But now the word Aryan even linked with Indo-European languages.

Well I know these, but who is Arayn now in India? Presently Arayan strictly defines a language group, not a race.

I dont think so ,Abir.

Four states - Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan[46]- have been granted the right to conduct proceedings in their High Courts in their official language, which, for all of them, was Hindi. However, the only non-Hindi state to seek a similar power - Tamil Nadu, which sought the right to conduct proceedings in Tamil in its High Court - had its application rejected by the central government earlier, which said it was advised to do so by the Supreme Court.[47] In 2006, the law ministry said that it would not object to Tamil Nadu state's desire to conduct Madras High Court proceedings in Tamil.[48][49][50][51][52] In 2010, the Chief Justice of the Madras High Court allowed lawyers to argue cases in Tamil.[53]

Also read this link is helpful:

Advocate argues in Tamil in High Court | High Court | | Indian Express

Also:

The Official Language Act provides that the Union government shall use both Hindi and English in most administrative documents that are intended for the public. The Official Languages Rules, in contrast, provide for a higher degree of use of Hindi in communications between offices of the central government (other than offices in Tamil Nadu, to which the rules do not apply).

DOL

p.s.: Also I can see this de-generating into a measuring contest.So lets stop it here and say cheers to each one's mther tongue.

And lets not de-rail the thread.We can PM each other. :cheers:

Last edited:
Well it does not matter whether you degrade urdu or not.

And what are epics other than a fiction fake stories made by people.

Tamil is among the oldest languages but the question is has Tamil made it to the world?

How many literary pieces in Tamil language entered the world readership?

Why Tamil has only stuck in South India ? even failed to made it to other parts of India ?

It is like Hinduism trying to remain concentrated in a closed world

For the simple fact there were no invasion worth their name by the Tamil Kings who were happy to be in South India only.

For the same reason Hinduism didnt spread to many countries of the world.:D

That once again not factual. Tamil originated from Proto-Dravidian language, like North Indic languages originated from Classical Sanskrit and that from Vedic Sanskrit which is equally old as Proto Dravidian.

capturevz.jpg

Lol may be you took it in the wrong sense...I was comparing it with Urdu in the sense ,Urdu is a rich mixture of Arabic,persian,Hindi and other languages.

But you cant say the same for Tamil.ie., Tamil cant be said as derived from any surviving language.

Back
Top Bottom