What's new

Is Urdu not Pakistan's official language?

I dont think so ,Abir.

Also read this link is helpful:

Advocate argues in Tamil in High Court | High Court | | Indian Express

Also:

DOL

p.s.: Also I can see this de-generating into a measuring contest.So lets stop it here and say cheers to each one's mther tongue.

It's recent development isn't it? Also it's not yet approved by Supreme court or passed as a law in parliament. As far as I know every state can have their own official language but when communicating to GoI they need to use either English or Hindi. We in our state prefer English for that purpose.

I agree with you, the whole comparing business is pretty lame, mother language is sweetest and best for everyone.

It's recent development isn't it? Also it's not yet approved by Supreme court or passed as a law in parliament. As far as I know every state can have their own official language but when communicating to GoI they need to use either English or Hindi. We in our state prefer English for that purpose.

Yep...its fairly recent development.There were huge agitations by the lawyers and it was then permitted.Actually I dont think the Supreme court will cause any problems because the offices in TN are exempted from the Official Languages Act.

Yes communications of TN with Centre also happen in English

I agree with you, the whole comparing business is pretty lame, mother language is sweetest and best for everyone.

So true.

Ami Bengali baalo-bashi (doesn that mean,I love Bengali..?)

Thread is about Urdu and its status in Pakistan, not Tamil or Tamil vs Urdu.

Stick to the topic please.

Thread is about Urdu and its status in Pakistan, not Tamil or Tamil vs Urdu.

Stick to the topic please.

i was wondering why these Indians are bringing Tamil here.

anyway the purpose of the thread has been fulfilled.

question replied

That Urdu is National language and english official.

so rest is just dragging on the thread

Urdu is a universal language in Pakistan, more then 80% people can understand and speak Urdu in Pakistan, it doesn't matter whether he is a balochi, Sindhi, ptowari or a Punjabi

First dont take wrongly as degarding Urdu.No Im not.

Seconly your point actually bolsters my point.Tamil infact was never derived from any language.It was a "proto-language" meaning it was a source from which many other languages were derived and didnt originate from anything itself.

The age of Tamil is not yet determined(tried,but couldn suceed).But on a minimum its estimated to be around 3000-4000 years.Not many languages can compare to that..Can it.?

I see we have different opinions of what rich is. For you it is originality, for me it is the mixture of numerous languages. Its totally up to the individual i presume.

Also my apologies for going off track :)

Last edited:
Jana ji,if you forgot,it was you who first brought in Tamil,though I guess it was In a light hearted manner...:lol:

Please go back a few posts and have a look.

Jane jee has a tendency to do that:D

Why would Pakistanis (who are allergic to everything Indian) adopt an Indian language as the official language for their country?

I am sure Jana jee would like to dispute the fact that Urdu originated in India:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Why would Pakistanis (who are allergic to everything Indian) adopt an Indian language as the official language for their country?

I am sure Jana jee would like to dispute the fact that Urdu originated in India:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I never knew languages had nationalities :P

because you adopted a national anthem that has name of Pakistani Province in it :P Just kidding.Sorry mods

Last edited:

I am sure Jana jee would like to dispute the fact that Urdu originated in India::

And i would ask you why would Indians own something that was created by Invaders ??? ;)

but then we have seen Indians these days passionately also claim Mughals were Indians :lol:

and oh another question "Why Indians dont make Urdu an official language since it evolved in India

Back
Top Bottom