What's new

Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against #Pakistan?

India , Pakistan , Iran all have stepped up and will be amongst the biggest economies in 10 years time without any considerable regional integration. Talk of pan regional development when atleast you have something to show on the ground in Afghanistan. There can be no regional integrated projects in a country like Afghanistan due to weak institutions , corruption and security threats.

Pakistan has signed a deal to export JF - 17 fighter jets to Nigeria, Has more research papers than BRICS . Meanwhile afghanistan is busy exporting chars and afeem to 90 % of the world. :D . How do you expect Pakistan to take you seriously when your entire economy is not bigger than maybe Peshawer .

If $ 100 billion american dollars didnt raise how then how do you expect India , Pakistan or Iran to raise you up?

@Kaptaan : here is another confused case of my village is better than your village :D

As Salam o alikum all Muslim brothers and sisters.
Yes I accept that today's world every thing is about interests, but you know India has a strong lobby in uae too and there is mass population of Hindus there they are in the cores of media houses there so you can expect this kind of rubbish news in there, but no worries noting can undo Pakistan time is very close for a final counter between baniya and Muslims we will take them down to extinction, in sha Allah gazwa hind mubarak ho

Calling all Indians 'banyas' is not acceptable. Banya is not a synonym for Hindu.

I thought that was forgotten with decades of the death of Muhammed (PBUH)? I guess you missed out on the bloodlust that followed within decades? You know killing, intrigues, murders of even the prophets lineage?

There is a great book by Reza Aslan "no god but God" which sheds some very good light on how muslims have been murdering each other after the prophet passed away.

I thought because you mentioned "Kraut", you could speak German.
No mate. I used to read lot of anti-German British comics in my childhood. You know "Zee Germans" etc. And yes, of course the German propensity to order and efficiency is amazing. It has evolved over centuries. Notice they don't ruminate over religion but get on with the job - whatever that maybe. The cleaner will clean as best he can. The builder will build as best as he can. Result what a precise society. I can't speak German despite taking German lessons but I have had lots of interaction with Germans so I know. Although for me the British are numero uno. The British have some of the German propensity for efficiency but tempered with culture, balance, equity that Germans don't. That is why British never go to extremes. There is balance and harmony of the middle road. Just my un prejudiced thoughts.

@Kaptaan : here is another confused case of my village is better than your village :D

Enlighten me please how do you trade and develop together with a country like Afghanistan that has no economy to speak of?. What can you offer a country apart from your ever famous mewa or chars? :D . Your idea of of regional development is everyone spoon feeding you with billions of dollars that you wont spend on your people.

You are the second most corrupt country in the world and you are dreaming of regional development? . Who will implement those projects? And why would they when they can line their pockets with billions of dollars.

Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against Pakistan?

View attachment 336097

By Atta Rasool Malik
20 / 9 / 2016

Indians Military Establishment is currently investigating the cause of fire at Uri; Indians occupied Kashmir, and subsequent death of its 17 soldiers. However, ‘Gulf News’ in its editorial “World stands united against cowardly attack in Kashmir dated 19 Sep 2016” not only claims that it was a terrorist attack sponsored by its nuclear neighbor, but also confirms that Kashmir is integral part of India. The worthy paper also grants the India its right to retaliate against its neighbor. The paper says “As a response to such an attack, India has every right to defend its territorial integrity and take appropriate measures required to pursue justice and eradicate the menace of terrorism”.

In its opening sentence the paper opines that it was a ‘despicable cowardly attack’ on soldiers because four commando-style gunmen hit the Indians soldiers at the time when they were little lazy and were changing guards. The paper calls upon entire international community to condemn such a heinous crime. Gulf News also calls upon India to continue confidence-building measures that “India seeks to undertake with its neighbors, including Pakistan”.

The Paper very kindly advises India not to avenge the attack, “a jaw for a tooth” because it only amplifies the sharply ratcheting tension between the nuclear neighbors and will not serve the peaceful interests of any state in the long run. Editorial board of ‘Gulf News’ also suggest that Indian should develop even stronger defenses in occupied Kashmir. It says India must also investigate and rectify the serious lapses that allowed one of its most strategic security infrastructures to come under attack, and build a better bulwark of defence bases.

As a student of International Relations, I am wondering; how one should look at the editorial of ‘Gulf News’? Should world stand united for innocent Kashmiri children, women and youth who are being indiscriminately tortured, killed and humiliated on daily basis OR World should stand united against attack on soldiers deployed in occupied territory? How come editorial staff of ‘Gulf News’ is so ill-informed that they don’t know that point of attack is not integral part of India and there is an indigenous freedom movement for which the Kashmiri Muslims are paying heavy price with tears and blood on daily basis?.

Is ‘Gulf News’, a state controlled newspaper is conveying some kind of UAE‘s annoyance to Government of Pakistan? What could be that?, one could only guess. Whatever could be the reasons but it is not expected out of ‘Gulf News’ editorial staff to damage the cause of hapless Kashmiris. This editorial will sadden anyone who cares for human dignity in Kashmir but surely every Muslim who is greatly perturbs over gross human violations in Indian occupied Kashmir. UN resolutions calling for plebiscite are still pending on Kashmir.

I am happy that despite India’s big market and interest of Multinational Companies, human conscious of many world leaders is still alive. India is under immense pressure to halt ill-treatment of Kashmiris and hopefully something good for Kashmiris will emerge soon. It is also being talked about on various forums that incident at ‘Uri, Indians occupied Kashmir’ was jointly planned by Indian National Security Adviser Mr. Ajit Doval to whom intelligence agencies such as the RAW report, and newly appointed member of Standing Committee on Defense, Dr. Subramanian Swammy, a research fellow who was expelled from Harvard University of United States for his extremist views. It was an effort to relieve world pressure on Mr. Narenda Moodi before meeting World leaders at the forum of UN General Assembly. Hopefully the inquiry by Indian Military highlighting the real cause for murder of 17 Indians soldiers would also be published by Gulf News.

Author is PhD Scholar of International Relations at Preston University, Islamabad. The author can be reached at : attarasul@hotmail.com
Unfortunately, This is a fact that #GCC countries are not now with Pakistan.They have forgot the lesson of #Islam.

Who cares. Pakistan is too powerful. That's something many people (including many Pakistanis) fail to realize and/or acknowledge. That is the ground reality. America invaded/indirectly attacked and destroyed Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and Libya. They wanted to do the same to Pakistan and even publicly admitted to this in the "plans for a new american century." The americans couldn't do this without suffering unacceptable damage and humiliation. India cannot do nothing to Pakistan no matter what we do them and they all know it. Big talk in public and on the Internet does not change that fact & reality. It makes them look like cowards and lose all credibility. So don't be concerned. Pakistan is too powerful and strong a nation for ANY other nation to mess with us. So don't worry about these other insignificant peoples or nations. As long as us Pakistanis keep working hard, stay united and have faith in Allah swt and Islam, we'll be fine. Remember, Pakistan is the ONLY nation in the whole history of mankind that has held of an enemy nation next to it that is 7X times bigger than it and has virtually the full backing of nearly all the world's most powerful nations. That is one of the biggest endeavours and achievements of the human spirit. So I as a Pakistani am very confident in our nation and race. Apart from China and Turkey, I could not care less about any other nation or nations.

I'm not sure where you picked up your zeal for revolution. It couldn't have been in UK which is still clinging to its monarch. I'm going to assume the revolutionary zeal comes from your Pakistani DNA. Thank you, Allama Iqbal.
Welcome on board. You sound like a chap who is going bring lot of cerebral weight around here. I would not say so much as "revolutionary" as "desperation" or plain old "frustration" in wanting Pakistan (region) to move forward into XXI century in our lifetime.

Enlighten
No need of language like that my friend. Afghanistan is a neighbour and has, will have profound effect on Pakistan. One way or other the two countries are going to have find peace. Af-Pak are meshed at the Durand like Siamese twins. Let us never forget that. So yes, recognize differances of thought but keep a open mind. No need for viscerality. Leave the door slightly open.

Last edited:
What is the exact reason for this sudden change in attitudeof UAE? Cant understand... If Pakistan's refusal to join yemen war is the reason...then even Saudi Arabia hasnt overtly turned against Pak.. Infact it seems after initial disappointment...things seem to be normal now between Pak and Saudi Arabia..or so it seems... Pak seems to have pacified Saudis to an extent..ther have been many bilateral visits since then between Pak and Saudis...and if media is to be believed...Saudis have even offered Gen Raheel to head 34 country military alliance....so here everthing seems to be fine apparently...what caused UAE to turn soo much against Pak, all of a sudden?
UAE has recently started taking her forces out of this war of stupid Bedouins.Pakistan should start thinking seriously
About sudden repatriation of its labour force in all these English manufactured oily " Kingdoms".These hypocrites and corrupt to the core bedouins have treated our labourers as bonded slaves and sconded military personnel as mercenaries, these culturally subjugated by the west Muslim munafiqeen should not be trusted.

I had said this many times before & I will say it again, UAE is against Gawadar port & India is on board with UAE on this as Gawadar port will effect UAE port & Indian mafia running it.

UAE is after its own interest & they are against Pakistan. Unfortunately for us we don't have any Foreign policy to deal with such things & this also shows that making of so called Muslim Army is completely baseless as there are rifts against each other & UAE attitude towards Pakistan is a proof of the rifts & personal interests.

Enlighten me please how do you trade and develop together with a country like Afghanistan that has no economy to speak of?. What can you offer a country apart from your ever famous mewa or chars? :D . Your idea of of regional development is everyone spoon feeding you with billions of dollars that you wont spend on your people.

You are the second most corrupt country in the world and you are dreaming of regional development? . Who will implement those projects? And why would they when they can line their pockets with billions of dollars.

Good question, the way I see us developing and competing with the rest of the world is changing our mindset and the rules of the game, what I mean is that we need to let go of the zero-sum games. If Afghanistan is destabilized, hungry, in chaos it will affect not only Afghanistan but also the entire region. For instance instead of connecting the region, doing business etc via Afghanistan which at most times offer the short path, one has to then bypass Afghanistan and thus increase in costs. There is massive mineral deposits, which the entire region can use to propel their industry etc etc etc
So instead of considering each other as a liability, I say let us help each other, those who are weak should not be used in a negative way but helped.

If you look at Syria, it has become a boiling point of intervention by neighbouring countries and the negative affects are felt in the neighbouring countries, good case point can be Turkey, who is not only affected by influx of refugees but also security threats.

So instead of saying hey Afghans, you have got no exports but hashish, help us stabilize so we can export you Saffron.

Anyways @Kaptaan is right in a sense that unless we change gears and step in XXI century, we will continue to be destabilized and a laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Enlighten me please how do you trade and develop together with a country like Afghanistan
Afghanistan is one of the largest market for Pakistani goods. Only slightly behind China. This could rise even higher and will rise given the geographic and human linkages. You know Kabul Valley opens into Peshawar plains via the Kabul River. Natural outlet through Khyber.

pakistan-export-partners.png

Afghanistan is one of the largest market for Pakistani goods. Only slightly behind China. This could rise even higher and will rise given the geographic and human linkages. You know Kabul Valley opens into Peshawar plains via the Kabul River. Natural outlet through Khyber.

And the more purchasing power Afghanistan has, the better it is for Pakistani producers. On the other hand the more Afghanistan produces, the more options Pakistani consumers will have.

Not an expert in finance but this should be common sense :)

We need the young and educated to kick out the hawks in our governments, for too long we have been told tales of useless bravery, while the common man is barely making their ends meet.

Probably a Greek style Syriza movement needed in our part of the world :D

And @A-Team I am convinced that things will shape up over next few decades. The crucial factor is going to be China. At school did you ever do experiments with iron filings and the effect a magnet had on them? The effect is amazing. The strong magnetic impulse pulls and forces all the filings to line up in distinct ordered pattern around the magnetic field. The invisible but powerful force creates order out of chaos.

MagnetsUnit2.jpg

I know this magnetic theory sounds crazy but I think it is a good analogy. Chaos exists where there is no absolute power - absolute power creates (good or bad) order.

That is exactly the effect China will have on this part of the world. The Chinese have not even reached 20% of their capacity. As their economy rises you will see also their influence - military and economic power will eclipse all others around the region (barring India as she is as large as China) and economic impulse so generated will create order like the magnetic experiment align lesser states to satisfaction of the superpower.

I develop this thinking from USA and Europe. Europe without US impress was and would be dozens of powers all rubbing, fighting and squabbling (like they were up until 1945) and it took US military force and economic might (NATO and Marshall Plan) to create order under US engineered geopolitical architecture. Even now USA provides the stablizing factor on the European continent.

@SinoPak @AndrewJin

Good question, the way I see us developing and competing with the rest of the world is changing our mindset and the rules of the game, what I mean is that we need to let go of the zero-sum games. If Afghanistan is destabilized, hungry, in chaos it will affect not only Afghanistan but also the entire region. For instance instead of connecting the region, doing business etc via Afghanistan which at most times offer the short path, one has to then bypass Afghanistan and thus increase in costs. There is massive mineral deposits, which the entire region can use to propel their industry etc etc etc
So instead of considering each other as a liability, I say let us help each other, those who are weak should not be used in a negative way but helped.

If you look at Syria, it has become a boiling point of intervention by neighbouring countries and the negative affects are felt in the neighbouring countries, good case point can be Turkey, who is not only affected by influx of refugees but also security threats.

So instead of saying hey Afghans, you have got no exports but hashish, help us stabilize so we can export you Saffron.

Anyways @Kaptaan is right in a sense that unless we change gears and step in XXI century, we will continue to be destabilized and a laughing stock of the rest of the world.

You refuse to realize that 60-70 % of your problems are internal . You refuse to realize that most of Afghans have a tribal mindset and are resistant to change . My afghan friend in Malaysia calls me a fake Pashtun just because I happen to dress up differently and also speak Urdu :) . Your problems cannot go away unless you improve yourself and your national psyche . Have you maybe given the thought that the problem lies in you ? Like I said Iran , India and Pakistan are all developing at a fast rate but Afghanistan isn't . Whats the reason ? It cant be just war . Name me any two ethnicities in Afghanistan that go along fine with each other ? As for Proxy games most regional powers indulge in it . America does it , Russia has done it , India , China , Pakistan , Israel , Turkey , Iran name any regional power around the world and you will find them indulging in proxy wars with their neighbours .

Laughing stock of the world ? Maybe Afghanistan is , but its certainly not Pakistan . Future belongs to Asian countries . You cannot compare India or Pakistan to Germany or France because those countries have had centuries headstart than us and thus more developed . Do you think America became developed 70 years after independence ? I don't think so . You cannot compare countries who were there since centuries to emerging economies like India or Pakistan who just had 70 years .

As for our future I will speak for Pakistan . It's very bright . Not because i say so the world says so . :)

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114817-Pa...-gains-in-three-years-French-finance-minister

Pakistan has made impressive economic gains in the last three years characterised by macroeconomic stability, fiscal discipline, sustained growth rate and record breaking performance of its stock market. Pakistan can maintain high growth rates in the coming years with continuation of current policies.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114702-Pakistans-market-beats-India-and-China-Forbes

In the last few years Pakistan’s equity market has been outperforming India and China’s markets.

According to Forbes, the last twelve months, Global X MSCI Pakistan ETF was up 20%, beating India’s and China’s comparable ETF’s by almost two to one.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1183999/notch-pakistani-articles-cited-brics-put-together-says-report/

Pakistan has witnessed a fourfold increase in its scientific productivity in the past decade surging from approximately 2,000 articles per year in 2006 to more than 9,000 articles in 2015, placing its highly cited papers among the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China).

Same goes for countries like India and Iran who are developing at a fast rate . I only see misery for Afghanistan in future

[/QUOTE

Given Afghanistan is major market for our exports but what are we getting in return ? We can diversify our products and countries even if afghan markets take a hit .

You refuse to realize that 60-70 % of your problems are internal . You refuse to realize that most of Afghans have a tribal mindset and are resistant to change . My afghan friend in Malaysia calls me a fake Pashtun just because I happen to dress up differently and also speak Urdu :) . Your problems cannot go away unless you improve yourself and your national psyche . Have you maybe given the thought that the problem lies in you ? Like I said Iran , India and Pakistan are all developing at a fast rate but Afghanistan isn't . Whats the reason ? It cant be just war . Name me any two ethnicities in Afghanistan that go along fine with each other ? As for Proxy games most regional powers indulge in it . America does it , Russia has done it , India , China , Pakistan , Israel , Turkey , Iran name any regional power around the world and you will find them indulging in proxy wars with their neighbours .

Laughing stock of the world ? Maybe Afghanistan is , but its certainly not Pakistan . Future belongs to Asian countries . You cannot compare India or Pakistan to Germany or France because those countries have had centuries headstart than us and thus more developed . Do you think America became developed 70 years after independence ? I don't think so . You cannot compare countries who were there since centuries to emerging economies like India or Pakistan who just had 70 years .

As for our future I will speak for Pakistan . It's very bright . Not because i say so the world says so . :)

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114817-Pa...-gains-in-three-years-French-finance-minister

Pakistan has made impressive economic gains in the last three years characterised by macroeconomic stability, fiscal discipline, sustained growth rate and record breaking performance of its stock market. Pakistan can maintain high growth rates in the coming years with continuation of current policies.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114702-Pakistans-market-beats-India-and-China-Forbes

In the last few years Pakistan’s equity market has been outperforming India and China’s markets.

According to Forbes, the last twelve months, Global X MSCI Pakistan ETF was up 20%, beating India’s and China’s comparable ETF’s by almost two to one.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1183999/notch-pakistani-articles-cited-brics-put-together-says-report/

Pakistan has witnessed a fourfold increase in its scientific productivity in the past decade surging from approximately 2,000 articles per year in 2006 to more than 9,000 articles in 2015, placing its highly cited papers among the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China).

Same goes for countries like India and Iran who are developing at a fast rate . I only see misery for Afghanistan in future

But changes are happening as we speak in Afghanistan, there are millions in school at the moment, they are tech savvy, understand how the world works so that is bound to change the fortunes of the country.

Here I am a product of the last decades focus on education, and I am as competitive as any of my peers in Pakistan, India or Iran ;)

Here is how Afghanistan looked a couple decades ago. So a decade of stability is changing the fortune of the country.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom