What's new

Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against #Pakistan?

we getting in return
Tell me?

But changes are happening in Afghanistan
Agree 100%. I don't think people quite appreciate what is happening. For me the real war is not on mountains but in the homes. I think Afghan society is in throes of profound change and it will never go back. The young have seen the light and they want it badly. Thus the mass migration pressure. Since the young are the majority every year forward is exponential advance in years. My only concern and fear is the intense hatred nurtured of Pakistan within this group. This will hold back integration and hijack the future - it's consequences could resonate into next generation. I hope not but I fear that.

I also think the possibility of Taliban victory is zero now. I must confess I was slightly partial to them (tribal instinct possibly) but now I can see they never will win for two reasons.

1. The West has been in Afghanustan now for over 15 years. A whole generation has grown up in that time. A whole crop of educated is taking to the field. This is obvious by online Afghan presence.- foreign or at home.

2. The Western investment in $100s of billions has created a receptive group who owe their existance to Western input. This group is getting larger and more consolidated.

3. Despite most NATO forces leaving the Afghan forces are still holding ground - despite the challanges. Given that they are yestedays inventions it is going to take time but every year forward means they get consoldated more.

4. Most importantly the "backbone" is the West and it has made it clear there is no way they are leaving. In other words US forces are in Afgh., on open ended like they were in Europe. In theory if needed they could still be there in 50 years. What is more US can maintain a small force for indefinite time. This force is there right now in Afgh., and it provides the backnone to ANA forces. As along as the US force is there ANA will not collapse as US will not allow that to happen.

5. China despite reservations of US being in the region does not want a vacuam developing in Afgh., with Taliban moving into Kabul. China is even more averse to Taliban then the West is. This means the West and China share more or less the same views as regards Afghanistan.

AS Chinese influence increases in particular post CPEC the Chinese will start applying pressure on Pakistan and on Afghanistan to cooperate to fully maximise CPEC as Afghanistan inclusion would really compliment CPEC.

I certainly do not think Chinese will appreciate Af-Pak shutting each other out. On the other hand I don't think they will like significant Indian ingress into Afghanistan.

Anyway let us see how this plays out.

Last edited:
But changes are happening as we speak in Afghanistan, there are millions in school at the moment, they are tech savvy, understand how the world works so that is bound to change the fortunes of the country.

Here I am a product of the last decades focus on education, and I am as competitive as any of my peers in Pakistan, India or Iran ;)

Here is how Afghanistan looked a couple decades ago. So a decade of stability is changing the fortune of the country.

Here is another video, if you understand Dari, has good info on what has changed.

This is not a troll comment. Pakistan vis-a-vis

-Afghanistan indian lackeys on bad terms not majority of afghan people.
-India on bad terms
-Iran maybe neutral
-Bangladeshi indian stooge regime does not represent people of Bangladesh, on bad terms
-China on good terms
-Now UAE sheikhs slave for money and indian woman are on bad terms?

Retrospection needed, no?

Your post corrected. What you need is re education about the world outside the box you live in.

You refuse to realize that 60-70 % of your problems are internal . You refuse to realize that most of Afghans have a tribal mindset and are resistant to change . My afghan friend in Malaysia calls me a fake Pashtun just because I happen to dress up differently and also speak Urdu :) . Your problems cannot go away unless you improve yourself and your national psyche . Have you maybe given the thought that the problem lies in you ? Like I said Iran , India and Pakistan are all developing at a fast rate but Afghanistan isn't . Whats the reason ? It cant be just war . Name me any two ethnicities in Afghanistan that go along fine with each other ? As for Proxy games most regional powers indulge in it . America does it , Russia has done it , India , China , Pakistan , Israel , Turkey , Iran name any regional power around the world and you will find them indulging in proxy wars with their neighbours .

Laughing stock of the world ? Maybe Afghanistan is , but its certainly not Pakistan . Future belongs to Asian countries . You cannot compare India or Pakistan to Germany or France because those countries have had centuries headstart than us and thus more developed . Do you think America became developed 70 years after independence ? I don't think so . You cannot compare countries who were there since centuries to emerging economies like India or Pakistan who just had 70 years .

As for our future I will speak for Pakistan . It's very bright . Not because i say so the world says so . :)

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114817-Pa...-gains-in-three-years-French-finance-minister

Pakistan has made impressive economic gains in the last three years characterised by macroeconomic stability, fiscal discipline, sustained growth rate and record breaking performance of its stock market. Pakistan can maintain high growth rates in the coming years with continuation of current policies.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/114702-Pakistans-market-beats-India-and-China-Forbes

In the last few years Pakistan’s equity market has been outperforming India and China’s markets.

According to Forbes, the last twelve months, Global X MSCI Pakistan ETF was up 20%, beating India’s and China’s comparable ETF’s by almost two to one.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1183999/notch-pakistani-articles-cited-brics-put-together-says-report/

Pakistan has witnessed a fourfold increase in its scientific productivity in the past decade surging from approximately 2,000 articles per year in 2006 to more than 9,000 articles in 2015, placing its highly cited papers among the BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China).

Same goes for countries like India and Iran who are developing at a fast rate . I only see misery for Afghanistan in future

Given Afghanistan is major market for our exports but what are we getting in return ? We can diversify our products and countries even if afghan markets take a hit .

You're correct in your observation. However, allow me to rationally explain the racism issue. This is by no means a defence of the vile hatred spewed by Afghans or the willful anti-Pakistan rhetoric being sprouted by the government of Afghanistan. Both of which I condemn strongly.

At a personal level, Afghans from Afghanistan simply lack passive resistance and hence are more prone to racism. One builds passive resistance if one lives in a multi-ethnic society. For example, Karachi is a melting pot of Pakistan. In neighbourhoods where Pashtuns, Mohajirs, Baloch and Punjabi live side by side, they build passive resistance towards one another even if they don't interact with each other. The mere act of watching one another do ordinary things has the effect of humanizing "the other". In this regard, Afghans from, or in, Afghanistan have limited exposure so racism is a natural outcome.

P.s. I can post the scientific paper that theorize the concept of resistance building in a racial setting, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
Is United Arab Emirates waging a media war against Pakistan?

View attachment 336097

By Atta Rasool Malik
20 / 9 / 2016

Indians Military Establishment is currently investigating the cause of fire at Uri; Indians occupied Kashmir, and subsequent death of its 17 soldiers. However, ‘Gulf News’ in its editorial “World stands united against cowardly attack in Kashmir dated 19 Sep 2016” not only claims that it was a terrorist attack sponsored by its nuclear neighbor, but also confirms that Kashmir is integral part of India. The worthy paper also grants the India its right to retaliate against its neighbor. The paper says “As a response to such an attack, India has every right to defend its territorial integrity and take appropriate measures required to pursue justice and eradicate the menace of terrorism”.

In its opening sentence the paper opines that it was a ‘despicable cowardly attack’ on soldiers because four commando-style gunmen hit the Indians soldiers at the time when they were little lazy and were changing guards. The paper calls upon entire international community to condemn such a heinous crime. Gulf News also calls upon India to continue confidence-building measures that “India seeks to undertake with its neighbors, including Pakistan”.

The Paper very kindly advises India not to avenge the attack, “a jaw for a tooth” because it only amplifies the sharply ratcheting tension between the nuclear neighbors and will not serve the peaceful interests of any state in the long run. Editorial board of ‘Gulf News’ also suggest that Indian should develop even stronger defenses in occupied Kashmir. It says India must also investigate and rectify the serious lapses that allowed one of its most strategic security infrastructures to come under attack, and build a better bulwark of defence bases.

As a student of International Relations, I am wondering; how one should look at the editorial of ‘Gulf News’? Should world stand united for innocent Kashmiri children, women and youth who are being indiscriminately tortured, killed and humiliated on daily basis OR World should stand united against attack on soldiers deployed in occupied territory? How come editorial staff of ‘Gulf News’ is so ill-informed that they don’t know that point of attack is not integral part of India and there is an indigenous freedom movement for which the Kashmiri Muslims are paying heavy price with tears and blood on daily basis?.

Is ‘Gulf News’, a state controlled newspaper is conveying some kind of UAE‘s annoyance to Government of Pakistan? What could be that?, one could only guess. Whatever could be the reasons but it is not expected out of ‘Gulf News’ editorial staff to damage the cause of hapless Kashmiris. This editorial will sadden anyone who cares for human dignity in Kashmir but surely every Muslim who is greatly perturbs over gross human violations in Indian occupied Kashmir. UN resolutions calling for plebiscite are still pending on Kashmir.

I am happy that despite India’s big market and interest of Multinational Companies, human conscious of many world leaders is still alive. India is under immense pressure to halt ill-treatment of Kashmiris and hopefully something good for Kashmiris will emerge soon. It is also being talked about on various forums that incident at ‘Uri, Indians occupied Kashmir’ was jointly planned by Indian National Security Adviser Mr. Ajit Doval to whom intelligence agencies such as the RAW report, and newly appointed member of Standing Committee on Defense, Dr. Subramanian Swammy, a research fellow who was expelled from Harvard University of United States for his extremist views. It was an effort to relieve world pressure on Mr. Narenda Moodi before meeting World leaders at the forum of UN General Assembly. Hopefully the inquiry by Indian Military highlighting the real cause for murder of 17 Indians soldiers would also be published by Gulf News.

Author is PhD Scholar of International Relations at Preston University, Islamabad. The author can be reached at :
Sir many editors, column writers and reporters from major UAE news papers belongs to India in fact mostly Indians so you can expect this Kind of bias from them even minor news from India reported as a big news.
And UAE rulers ignoring this because they are hurt very much when Pakistan openly voted in favor of Turkey during 2020 voting.
Further we refuse twice to send our soldiers to help them slaughter houthis supported by Iran (wise move from Pakistan) But Iran and rest of Shia brothers don't seems to be impressed by our good gesture.
Again Pakistan refuses to be send troops in Saudi for the same purpose but in response India cash these events by offering their military support which was rejected due to UAE's public opinion against them.
But we should remember one thing only rulers of Arab world are acting cranky but the Sunni population celebrate every test of our new weapon against India and they consider it as their own success.

So basically according to the Pakistani narrative UAE is the latest addition to the anti-Pakistan coalition consisting of USA-India-Afghanistan- Bangladesh-Iran ? Okay

A classic tactic that never fails: Build up a narrative of us-against-the world while promising an impossibly great and successful future that is always just around the corner, but then direct the anger at the inevitable failure at the world, not at those who pile it high and deep not just on PDF, but everywhere within Pakistan. They will be drowned in it by reality, every time.

Great stuff. Great post. I am learning something on PDF. Hope to see more of you around here. @A-Team. We need more of this type of thinking.

I guess you can relate to this phenomena at some level as the paper looked at the views of Europeans, or Whites, who live in areas where there is a sizeable Muslim population. What it found was that Europeans, or Whites, who live in neighbourhoods that has a sizeable Muslim population tend to have a more tempered of Muslims or Islam compare to those who live in mostly White neighbourhoods. In other words, making minorities visible has the impact of tempering bigoted views.

In short, different parts of Pakistan didn't simply develop the 'Sufi' heritage by chance, it happened out of a necessity. This is also why Saudis who live in superb isolation are more afraid of Iran / Iranians than us. The fear of Iran / Iranians is very real for them.

You're correct in your observation. However, allow me to rationally explain the racism issue. This is by no means a defence of the vile hatred spewed by Afghans or the willful anti-Pakistan rhetoric being sprouted by the government of Afghanistan. Both of which I condemn strongly.

At a personal level, Afghans from Afghanistan simply lack passive resistance and hence are more prone to racism. One builds passive resistance if one lives in a multi-ethnic society. For example, Karachi is a melting pot of Pakistan. In neighbourhoods where Pashtuns, Mohajirs, Baloch and Punjabi live side by side, they build passive resistance towards one another even if they don't interact with each other. The mere act of watching one another do ordinary things has the effect of humanizing "the other". In this regard, Afghans from, or in, Afghanistan have limited exposure so racism is a natural outcome.

P.s. I can post the scientific paper that theorize the concept of resistance building in a racial setting, if anyone is interested.

Couldnt agree with you more. I have also experienced something similar in China. In my University those Pashtun students who came from rural areas of KPK were blindly proud of their ethnicity and always talk bad about Punjabis while those Pashtuns who came from Saudi and Dubai were more sensible and very nice and I never seen them indulging in such cheap topics.Those who came from Pakistan learned that too after some years but in the beginning they just made a fool out of themselves. Can u imagine one of them thought the blue wifi button in the laptop is a mosquito repellent :lol:

Here is another video, if you understand Dari, has good info on what has changed.

Nice Video . What's with everything in Dari in Afghanistan? Isn't Pashto spoken the most ? Almost all your news channels and talk shows are in dari apart from a few on Shamshad TV or tawde khabare on tolo news . Has it always been like this ?

Afghanistan may have made strides in Infrastructure or are media savvy but has regressed in 2 of the most important pillars Security and Economy . Every year is turning out to be the worst in case of civilian deaths . In terms economy the average income is now lower than it was during 2005-06 (maybe has to do something with drying up of foreign aid ) .

UAE is trolling India to discover its real intentions..
Not to forget that the GCC is India's biggest trade partner with over 100 billion$ of trade a year...
The UAE has not much weight in the GCC, thus the statement if it is totally true and not exagerated, has little or no consequence at all on Pakistan, that is why Ithought about my first sentence of this post!

I don't like UAE. Actually, I really hate this artificial wannabe state. You can't trust them. Never.

Egypt's Sisi demands Turkish Cypriots removed from OIC
sisi.jpg

Egypt's post-coup president Abdal-Fattah al-Sisi's comments were supported by the United Arab Emirates and Iran.
http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/145743/egypts-sisi-demands-turkish-cypriots-removed-from-oic

Don't forget that UAE and Saudi Arabia are playing a game with Turkey/Pakistan. Saudis are the good, nice, sympathetic ones while Unites Arab Emirates act like the "bad cop". Be aware of the fact that their actions against Pakistan or Turkey are previously permitted by Riad.

guys i dont understand who is waging war
the writer of this article is pakistani
the publisher is gulf news where many editors are indians
so this is a very confusing situation

I don't like UAE. Actually, I really hate this artificial wannabe state. You can't trust them. Never.

Egypt's Sisi demands Turkish Cypriots removed from OIC
sisi.jpg

Egypt's post-coup president Abdal-Fattah al-Sisi's comments were supported by the United Arab Emirates and Iran.
http://www.worldbulletin.net/haber/145743/egypts-sisi-demands-turkish-cypriots-removed-from-oic

Don't forget that UAE and Saudi Arabia are playing a game with Turkey/Pakistan. Saudis are the good, nice, sympathetic ones while Unites Arab Emirates act like the "bad cop". Be aware of the fact that their actions against Pakistan or Turkey are previously permitted by Riad.
so that means our neighbour iran is also against us (indirectly)
which means iran looks more dangerous

Tell me?

Agree 100%. I don't think people quite appreciate what is happening. For me the real war is not on mountains but in the homes. I think Afghan society is in throes of profound change and it will never go back. The young have seen the light and they want it badly. Thus the mass migration pressure. Since the young are the majority every year forward is exponential advance in years. My only concern and fear is the intense hatred nurtured of Pakistan within this group. This will hold back integration and hijack the future - it's consequences could resonate into next generation. I hope not but I fear that.

I also think the possibility of Taliban victory is zero now. I must confess I was slightly partial to them (tribal instinct possibly) but now I can see they never will win for two reasons.

1. The West has been in Afghanustan now for over 15 years. A whole generation has grown up in that time. A whole crop of educated is taking to the field. This is obvious by online Afghan presence.- foreign or at home.

2. The Western investment in $100s of billions has created a receptive group who owe their existance to Western input. This group is getting larger and more consolidated.

3. Despite most NATO forces leaving the Afghan forces are still holding ground - despite the challanges. Given that they are yestedays inventions it is going to take time but every year forward means they get consoldated more.

4. Most importantly the "backbone" is the West and it has made it clear there is no way they are leaving. In other words US forces are in Afgh., on open ended like they were in Europe. In theory if needed they could still be there in 50 years. What is more US can maintain a small force for indefinite time. This force is there right now in Afgh., and it provides the backnone to ANA forces. As along as the US force is there ANA will not collapse as US will not allow that to happen.

5. China despite reservations of US being in the region does not want a vacuam developing in Afgh., with Taliban moving into Kabul. China is even more averse to Taliban then the West is. This means the West and China share more or less the same views as regards Afghanistan.

AS Chinese influence increases in particular post CPEC the Chinese will start applying pressure on Pakistan and on Afghanistan to cooperate to fully maximise CPEC as Afghanistan inclusion would really compliment CPEC.

I certainly do not think Chinese will appreciate Af-Pak shutting each other out. On the other hand I don't think they will like significant Indian ingress into Afghanistan.

Anyway let us see how this plays out.
Well, they have seen the American and Indian "light", that where this -hatred- of Pakistan stems from, isn't a long term war against Taliban and anyone who has supported them at any time for whatever reason?..

OT:
I think the Article is fabricated and sensationalist (maybe for the benefit of the author!?), otherwise, what that picture of Modi"s visit to the UAE had to do with it? The article was written afer the last incident where 17 indian soldiers died at the hands of some Kashmeri separatists and the UAE will officially say that Pakistan was involved without any proof? It rather sunds and looks like an editorial for and by the Indian lobby in the UAE, to devide and reig.. I think they have joined Western Media's propaganda compaign on Muslims in genera!l

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom