What's new

Is this an experimental rail gun on Chinese ship

wBiEmEm.jpg

4YbZ5X8.jpg

Take a close look at the gun barrel: circular + rectangular.

coilgun + railgun = reconnection gun.:lol:

A working reconnection gun. :enjoy:

Miles ahead of the US. :D:D

The US Navy would still use an EMR as a missile defense weapon first. Can you use an EMR as an offensive weapon system? Sure, but railguns have a range of only around a 100 miles. That gets you outsticked by modern antiship missiles. Not to mention the technological hurdles of EMR rep rate and barrel survivability.

I find HVP much more practical as a defense weapon. I can fire 35 HVPs for what 1 Patriot missile costs. I can distribute to 1,000 barrels fast. How many EMRs do I have? DOD computer modeling shows I can down 95-98 missiles of a 100 missile raid with HVP. If the US can develop that fire control solution, it will revolutionize US missile defense. I don't see EMR as revolutionary from an offensive strike perspective.

You will need airborne radar such as AWACS to detect object on sea surface at 100 miles distance, and that is the privillage of CBG.

How about the scenario of Ticonderoga or Zumwalt head to head with Type 055A at 100 miles distance without help of airborne radar?

You can't compare HVP vs EMR as they are different on purpose. Perhaps PLAN is also developing HVP as well, who knows.

And we got idiot claim those claim are boasting and tall order that never happen . :enjoy: @Kiss_of_the_Dragon

If its from CCTV and endorsed by top level CPC news. Very likely it’s real.

What such big deal about this Rail gun weapon, I'm certainly not over excited like you. Tag a Hanjian like me for you to brag about China's achievement is the last thing you want to do :lol:, I just don't want continue to bruise your ego for claiming we're light year ahead of Russia or US, I believe being modest and humble will save China from been humiliated in the future, look down other nations, boasting and arrogance will only bring China down.

Last edited:
The US Navy would still use an EMR as a missile defense weapon first. Can you use an EMR as an offensive weapon system? Sure, but railguns have a range of only around a 100 miles. That gets you outsticked by modern antiship missiles. Not to mention the technological hurdles of EMR rep rate and barrel survivability.

I find HVP much more practical as a defense weapon. I can fire 35 HVPs for what 1 Patriot missile costs. I can distribute to 1,000 barrels fast. How many EMRs do I have? DOD computer modeling shows I can down 95-98 missiles of a 100 missile raid with HVP. If the US can develop that fire control solution, it will revolutionize US missile defense. I don't see EMR as revolutionary from an offensive strike perspective.
LOL your railgun only has 100 miles range? :woot:

No wonder your railgun got canceled. Back to square one for you. Try to navalize it in 30 years if you can :lol:

Now every Tom, Dick and Harry is going to announce their own naval railgun program, since even Chinese can do it. :partay:
interestingly, today China has built 22000km long high speed rail network, 60% of world total, but none of these Tom, Dick and Harry dares to announce a plan to build their high speed rail with their own tech. Because they know a fake high speed rail would be easily verified by their own people, but a fake military program would not be.

interestingly, today China has built 22000km long high speed rail network, 60% of world total, but none of these Tom, Dick and Harry dares to announce a plan to build their high speed rail with their own tech. Because they know a fake high speed rail would be easily verified by their own people, but a fake military program would not be.
Still remember when our J-20 was spotted back 7 years ago, these "Dick" or whatever all announced their "5th gen fighter" programs, with models or CGs of course... But fortunately for a fighter plane, you have to make it fly first, which they dare not to do. This is why there are only a few countries in the world can develop even a 4th gen fighter plane, let alone the 5th gen. Otherwise, there will be tons of shit out there boasting whatever super duper specs as they wish, just like these MBTs out there today, with shameless claims. And our J-20 will be degraded by these shameless just like they are degrading our MBTs now, but in reality these MBTs they are boasting about are more or less some Hollywood gadgets with foreign purchased junk put together. Although they are still degrading our J-20, at least they have nothing to boast about except the F-35, F-22 or the Russian T50, which are irrelevant to most of them.

Last edited:
Still remember when our J-20 was spotted back 7 years ago, these "Dick" or whatever all announced their "5th gen fighter" programs, with models or CGs of course... But fortunately for a fighter plane, you have to make it fly first, which they dare not to do. Otherwise, there will be tons of shit out there boasting whatever super duper specs as they wish, just like these MBTs out there today, with shameless claims. And our J-20 will be degraded by these shameless just like they are degrading our MBTs now, but in reality these MBTs they are boasting about are more or less some Hollywood gadgets with foreign purchased junk put together. Although they are still degrading our J-20, at least they have nothing to boast about except the F-35, F-22 or the Russian T50, which are irrelevant to most of them.
It's like our sputnik moment, years ago, they were deriding our manned space program, it's 20 years now, not a squek progress from them. 7 years ago they said J-20 was a hoax, now when we unveil a railgun, they are saying it's not real as usual. How many times has China proven them wrong? When we unveiled the fastest supercomputer right after the American embargo, they were still in disbelief.

When we built our HSR network, they said it will be a white elephant. Now the whole country cannot function without our HSR. The gap is getting so big, it's not even funny anymore.

It's like our sputnik moment, years ago, they were deriding our manned space program, it's 20 years now, not a squek progress from them. 7 years ago they said J-20 was a hoax, now when we unveil a railgun, they are saying it's not real as usual. How many times has China proven them wrong? When we unveiled the fastest supercomputer right after the American embargo, they were still in disbelief.

When we built our HSR network, they said it will be a white elephant. Now the whole country cannot function without our HSR. The gap is getting so big, it's not even funny anymore.
They are brain washed, arrogant, ignorant and jealous. They think their technology is rocket science, and will lead forever, but actually technology is all about money and talents, which we have both. Our hundreds of billions USD research funds and millions of science and engineering students graduate every year are not set idle. It is so nature for our technology strength to match our economic power now, and to dominate majority of technological fields in the next few decades.

sounds nice with 7x3 guns, like a game changer. ok let´s see, to fire a gun you need to load the gun with an energy from several MW to 1,000 MW. Lets take average 500 MW for a gun, so you need 10,500 MW to fire a round out of 21 guns. I think you need a fleet of oil or gas tankers to support a single gunship. the energy must come from somewhere. ok unless you install railguns on nuclear ships. Lets hope the nuclear ship does not explode while loading, otherwise China will become a wasteland for 1,000 years. ah don´t forget you need time too, to load the condensators to energize the guns. probably 1 hour for a round. ok maybe with the technology improving, loading time can be shortended.

good luck for peaceful rise of China

You like to talk trash as usual, I have no doubt you Vietnamese are fantasized day and night that China become a nuclear wasteland but when you wake up and see the reality is that China has rail gun and Vietnam has none. Regardless the flip side of this gun when China masterize it, we will be the first to be able to use, you can't simply go out to buy this weapon but have to wait few decades until this technology available for export.

Because China develops new weapons triumphing over the West should I be happy? Who garantines the Chinese don’t turn the weapons on us? Seriously, the possible deployment of Chinese railguns are one of the last things we are worried. Maybe in 10 years but not now.

Chill dude. It's just FAKE Chinese CRAP which is STOLEN from The West. ;) Now you can go to your bed and have a nice dream tonight. :angel: @AndrewJin , @Beast , et al you all just scare this poor guy. :disagree:

What such big deal about this Rail gun weapon, I'm certainly not over excited like you. Tag a Hanjian like me for you to brag about China's achievement is the last thing you want to do :lol:, I just don't want continue to bruise your ego for claiming we're light year ahead of Russia or US, I believe being modest and humble will save China from been humiliated in the future, look down other nations, boasting and arrogance will only bring China down.

Totally agree with you. China is miles behind US in overall defense technology even if China succeeded in building this rail gun and US gave up. It’s like India bragging that it’s space tech is ahead of China because of one area.

China still need to work hard and don’t let the SP12 mentality get into them. Otherwise, China will fail like SP 12.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom