What's new

Is this an experimental rail gun on Chinese ship

Totally agree with you. China is miles behind US in overall defense technology even if China succeeded in building this rail gun and US gave up. It’s like India bragging that it’s space tech is ahead of China because of one area.

China still need to work hard and don’t let the SP12 mentality get into them. Otherwise, China will fail like SP 12.

I remember during the 90s when China had great desired to cooperate with US for upgrading our J-8 II with US radar and electronic package but Americans are so arrogant like to create frictions with all kind of string attached and finally set military embargo on China using Tienamen Square event as excuse. An they expect to believe that China will forever condemned to live in inferiority without Western military assistance but reversely this has increase China's determination to walk on its path to build their military industry complexe and free China from being US's lapdog like Japan or Korea and free from US to dictate our foreign policy.

Imagine if US was kind with China in the pass and sell us some descent weapons, we would have being depend on US for weapon imports as Japan, Korea and China will have to listen to US, we will no chance to make such toys as J-20, J31, 055, rail gun, ASAT...Aircraft carrier, 095 sub which Americans wouldn't like to see its happen.

Last edited:
The news that China was ready to test the world's first naval railgun has sent a shock wave across the global, excited millions of military forumers, but international MSM so far have been mysteriously quiet about this monumental event. It marks the first time that Chinese claim the top spot in a highly contested military science new frontier, beating even once seemly invincible US military-industrial complex.

International MSM has yet to find a way to digest and take on this news, as the regular lines of attack "copy, paste, revise engineering" don't seem to be making sense, and "steal, hack" will make US counterpart look dumb and incompetent. They will have to come up with something more creative to defame China this time. :D

Here's a funny article from 2014.
:lol:

Navy to Deploy Electromagnetic Railgun Aboard JHSV

Release Date: 4/7/2014

WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The U.S. Navy plans to install and test a prototype electromagnetic railgun aboard a joint high speed vessel in fiscal year 2016, the service announced today.

This test will mark the first time an electromagnetic railgun (EM railgun) has been demonstrated at sea, symbolizing a significant advance in naval combat.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=80055

The news that China was ready to test the world's first naval railgun has sent a shock wave across the global, excited millions of military forumers, but international MSM so far have been mysteriously quiet about this monumental event. It marks the first time that Chinese claim the top spot in a highly contested military science new frontier, beating even once seemly invincible US military-industrial complex.

International MSM has yet to find a way to digest and take on this news, as the regular lines of attack "copy, paste, revise engineering" don't seem to be making sense, and "steal, hack" will make US counterpart look dumb and incompetent. They will have to come up with something more creative to defame China this time. :D

I don't know how advance this gun but I think China deliberately reveal this toy to push US back on track over rail gun business, US will have spend more money in this domain if they want to have a face saving as world most advance military nation in all aspect.

I don't know how advance this gun but I think China deliberately reveal this toy to push US back on track over rail gun business, US will have spend more money in this domain if they want to have a face saving as world most advance military nation in all aspect.

Chinese version of "Star War" strategic deception? It would be very interesting if this is indeed what Chinese leadership has in mind.

Last edited:
Chinese version of "Star War" strategy? It would be very interesting if this is indeed what Chinese leadership has in mind.

Possibly asymmetric Star war strategy, China still can't afford to go head to head on full arm's race with US as during the cold war time but China can certain concentrate the resource on few key technologies to compete against US. This like 1990's Olympic, China couldn't compete on all sport event against US but only few such as Ping Pong, Volleyball, diving...and when we gain confident and have more money, we started to compete with US on large field such as swimming, skating...

Last edited:
The news that China was ready to test the world's first naval railgun has sent a shock wave across the global:D
Honestly,It's not a surprise for me ,there were lots of rumors going on for years.

If I remember correctly several years ago there were lots of discussion on chinese forum about "兔子黑科技"that which military technology China has may surpass America's,not only one member but many of them mentioned about the laser weapon and rail gun

Last edited:
I think China rail gun is way to go if our memory served us well that back in 18th century, Western nations brought their naval fleets with better canon and fire arm to defeat China naval fleets. If rail gun to be the main gun on Naval power, China should not be lag behind, the speed of the canon with range of missile, no current technology is capable to counter or intercept such fly bullet, we should not ignore it at our peril.

MSM is brainstorming now for a story. I'm sure they'll come up with some story. Stay tune

The @cirr 3d model is probably based on this picture. But something is wrong with it. The center "tube" should not exist. The current flows from one rail to the armature then to the other rail. There is no metal tube in the center. Hopefully I am not making a fool of myself

20161208180446714106928_Page_17.jpg

Here's a funny article from 2014.

Navy to Deploy Electromagnetic Railgun Aboard JHSV

Release Date: 4/7/2014

WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The U.S. Navy plans to install and test a prototype electromagnetic railgun aboard a joint high speed vessel in fiscal year 2016, the service announced today.

This test will mark the first time an electromagnetic railgun (EM railgun) has been demonstrated at sea, symbolizing a significant advance in naval combat.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=80055

With China at gate, the americans act more and more like an lighter skinned version of indians day by day.

The problem with USA military today, they need to spend a lot of money and take longer time to create it.

The military rivalry between USA and China will be very interesting beyond one or two decades later.

The problem with USA military today, they need to spend a lot of money and take longer time to create it.

The US weaponry companies are private owned by shareholders, and for profit. The more money you can milk out of it the better.

Chinese weaponry companies are government owned, and the profit margin is fixed. It is better to finish the current project, put it into production, then move on to the next one.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom