What's new

Is this an experimental rail gun on Chinese ship

Because China develops new weapons triumphing over the West should I be happy? Who garantines the Chinese don’t turn the weapons on us? Seriously, the possible deployment of Chinese railguns are one of the last things we are worried. Maybe in 10 years but not now.
Bro, you need to calm down, we only claims some sandbanks, not even islands. You betrayed our trust first, after KMT vacated those islands, you quickly took them over and you know excuse you gave Deng? You said China is so big, why can't big brother spare some land for the younger brother. WTF reply! :angry::disagree:

Meanwhile we were the ones helping arm and supply and train Vietcongs. Is this how you repay us? You seen us massacring Viets like Japanese? We are ambitious but we are not crazy like Germans or Japs OK.

Even when we defeated the Indians, we didn't even kill those POWs, hell we fed those hungry indiots!

Bro, you need to calm down, we only claims some sandbanks, not even islands. You betrayed our trust first, after KMT vacated those islands, you quickly took them over and you know excuse you gave Deng? You said China is so big, why can't big brother spare some land for the younger brother. WTF reply! :angry::disagree:

Meanwhile we were the ones helping arm and supply and train Vietcongs. Is this how you repay us? You seen us massacring Viets like Japanese? We are ambitious but we are not crazy like Germans or Japs OK.

Even when we defeated the Indians, we didn't even kill those POWs, hell we fed those hungry indiots!
Nonsense. the KMT troops occupied Vietnam in the North, the British the South as agreed in the Japanese surrender instrument. China never had the islands in possession. Foreign forces had to leave Vietnam after a period.

Those boat refugees will learn a lesson when neonazi use gas on them.
@waz
@The Eagle

Nonsense. the KMT troops occupied Vietnam in the North, the British the South as agreed in the Japanese surrender instrument. China never had the islands in possession. Foreign forces had to leave Vietnam after a period.

@waz
@The Eagle
You need to read history, the KMT controlled those islands even before there was an independent Vietnam.

Because China develops new weapons triumphing over the West should I be happy? Who garantines the Chinese don’t turn the weapons on us? Seriously, the possible deployment of Chinese railguns are one of the last things we are worried. Maybe in 10 years but not now.
PLA does not need railguns to deal with Vietnam. Last year you tried to drill for oil within the 9 dashed line before China deployed the PLAN and immediately you scurried away like frightened mice.

They will claim whatever US can’t do it. Other is even impossible. They believe the world is revolving around US and India only. All other are irrelevant. But that happens only in their fantasy :enjoy:

Typical nationalism from self center US who think the world is revolving around US only. So sad for you.

Welcome to the real world where there is China and other countries that exist and share this world, be it technology or economy power. :enjoy:

I come back to this thread, and still no one can explain why the US should invest huge amounts of money into EMR when we can get a similar capability with HVP, distribute it to over 1,000 powder guns, at a much faster pace and cheaper rate? Instead, their talking about Indians. :lol:

I come back to this thread, and still no one can explain why the US should invest huge amounts of money into EMR when we can get a similar capability with HVP, distribute it to over 1,000 powder guns, at a much faster pace and cheaper rate? Instead, their talking about Indians. :lol:

Because they are different.

HVP is for missile defense, where EMR is for land or naval target attack

Because they are different.

HVP is for missile defense, where EMR is for land or naval target attack

The US Navy would still use an EMR as a missile defense weapon first. Can you use an EMR as an offensive weapon system? Sure, but railguns have a range of only around a 100 miles. That gets you outsticked by modern antiship missiles. Not to mention the technological hurdles of EMR rep rate and barrel survivability.

I find HVP much more practical as a defense weapon. I can fire 35 HVPs for what 1 Patriot missile costs. I can distribute to 1,000 barrels fast. How many EMRs do I have? DOD computer modeling shows I can down 95-98 missiles of a 100 missile raid with HVP. If the US can develop that fire control solution, it will revolutionize US missile defense. I don't see EMR as revolutionary from an offensive strike perspective.

I don't understand your mentality towards the Chinese.
The Chinese had been kind to Vietnam.
I don't hear about massacres, mass rapes against the Vietnamese that is common in other cultures.
The Chinese treat the Vietnamese as their kin, never made slaves of them as is done in the US.
From Korean dramas, we were told how the Chinese bully the Koreans, and I was " is that all the Chinese did to bully the Koreans as told by the Koreans themselves ?".
you are watching too much korean drama. the chinese with the exception of short period of Mao Zedong have never been kind to Vietnam. if kind, then they are kind to the Siamese and Khmer, never to the Viets. you don´t hear because you are in Singapore. do you know how many wars they raged against Vietnam? too many to count. in terms of brutality, surely, the US & the Japanese top the list, but I am not sure who get the second price, the Chinese or the French?

we are off topic though. lets get back to the greatest invention of human race. the railgun.

you are watching too much korean drama. the chinese with the exception of short period of Mao Zedong have never been kind to Vietnam. if kind, then they are kind to the Siamese and Khmer, never to the Viets. you don´t hear because you are in Singapore. do you know how many wars they raged against Vietnam? too many to count. in terms of brutality, surely, the US & the Japanese top the list, but I am not sure who get the second price, the Chinese or the French?

we are off topic though. lets get back to the greatest invention of human race. the railgun.
Not really off topic, as you said, the railgun could be used against Vietnam.
Wars were common, even among China itself and they do kill among themselves to win control.
But seldom extreme cruelty, massacres, mass rapes, or enslavement.

Yes, I am not well versed regarding Vietnam and China, but certain things are facts.
The French treated the Vietnamese as their servants and considered them inferior humans.
Considering that the French killed so many Vietnamese while Vietnam were under French subjugation, I am surprised that you would compare the Chinese with the French.
Of significant note is how the Chinese treated the Indian POWs with respect once the war is over in 1962.
So the Whites get better treatment from you and agent Orange is of no significance.?
Or those who tortured and subjugate the most get more respect.?

wBiEmEm.jpg

4YbZ5X8.jpg

Why would anyone needs to convince you how the US should spend its money and use its weapon? Chinese railgun is to replace the main gun. As with all main gun, it is not for missile defense, but naval engagement and shore bombardment. As long as it is more effective than a conventional gun at doing that job, that's all the justification one needs.

Last edited:
I think some people here are misunderstanding (or deliberately understating) the capability of a fully functional railgun. Mach 6 speed. 100 nautical mile range. 10 shells a minute. 650 shell magazine. There isn't a defense in existence that can withstand 650 hypersonic strikes. Of course you have to get within range first.

"It can fire a solid metal slug at speeds of up to 4,500 mph, or Mach 6. It can hit targets up to 100 nautical miles away. It’s capable of defeating incoming ballistic missiles and liquefying even the most durable enemy armor, the equivalent of a weaponized meteor strike fired from the world’s most powerful gun."

"inching closer to the requirements laid out by Naval Sea Systems Command in a 2013 call for demonstrators that could fire 10 shells a minute and store up to 650 shells."

https://taskandpurpose.com/navy-electromagnetic-railgun-budget/

Firing the HVP from a conventional cannon will only get you range between 10 and 30 nautical miles and speed at Mach 3. Not even remotely similar. Most importantly, you lose the 650 round magazine capacity because each shot now requires chemical propellant.

"In 2015, SCO realized that the HVP, originally conceived as a specialized shell of the railgun, was just as effective when fired from a conventional powder cannons like the Army’s 105mm and 155mm M109A6 Paladin self-propelled howitzers and the Navy’s deck-mounted Mk 45 5-inch guns. A May 2016 report from the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment found that large caliber guns could fire an HVP between 10 and 30 nautical miles at Mach 3, faster than conventional unguided rounds."

Last edited:
I think some people here are misunderstanding (or deliberately understating) the capability of a fully functional railgun. Mach 6 speed. 100 nautical mile range. 10 shells a minute. 650 shell magazine. There isn't a defense in existence that can withstand 650 hypersonic strikes. Of course you have to get within range first.

"It can fire a solid metal slug at speeds of up to 4,500 mph, or Mach 6. It can hit targets up to 100 nautical miles away. It’s capable of defeating incoming ballistic missiles and liquefying even the most durable enemy armor, the equivalent of a weaponized meteor strike fired from the world’s most powerful gun."

"inching closer to the requirements laid out by Naval Sea Systems Command in a 2013 call for demonstrators that could fire 10 shells a minute and store up to 650 shells."

Firing the HVP from a conventional cannon will only get you range between 10 and 30 nautical miles and speed at Mach 3. Not even remotely similar. Most importantly, you lose the 650 round magazine capacity because each shot now requires chemical propellant.

"In 2015, SCO realized that the HVP, originally conceived as a specialized shell of the railgun, was just as effective when fired from a conventional powder cannons like the Army’s 105mm and 155mm M109A6 Paladin self-propelled howitzers and the Navy’s deck-mounted Mk 45 5-inch guns. A May 2016 report from the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment found that large caliber guns could fire an HVP between 10 and 30 nautical miles at Mach 3, faster than conventional unguided rounds."

You see the usual sourgraped when their beloved country once again failed in competition against China. They will try come out with an excuse to mask their impotent and claim railgun is nothing special but a big white elephant. While the crap HVP which everybody know is inferior , will be treated as gold. I think even low IQ can differentiate the significant of Mach 6 and Mach 3. The muzzle velocity is unrivaled.
@F-22Raptor

The US Navy would still use an EMR as a missile defense weapon first. Can you use an EMR as an offensive weapon system? Sure, but railguns have a range of only around a 100 miles. That gets you outsticked by modern antiship missiles. Not to mention the technological hurdles of EMR rep rate and barrel survivability.

I find HVP much more practical as a defense weapon. I can fire 35 HVPs for what 1 Patriot missile costs. I can distribute to 1,000 barrels fast. How many EMRs do I have? DOD computer modeling shows I can down 95-98 missiles of a 100 missile raid with HVP. If the US can develop that fire control solution, it will revolutionize US missile defense. I don't see EMR as revolutionary from an offensive strike perspective.

You have no clue about the scope of China's EM launching, this is directly from the team's website who develop this railgun:

They are not only buidling this tech for launching shells, the professor talk about use this to launch long range missiles and satelliates as well, in this area China is far ahead of that of the US, actually the cheif designer of this mentioned in Chinese news that he plan to build new class of super-warship that he called is as all-might warship that use EM launched missiles/railguns/laser weapons and is nuclear-powered, and he believe one such super warship can destory a entire taskforce fleet of typical Nato navy.

Considering the professor is the one who gain strong support from Xi Jinping, I think you dont need to wait long to see such super battleship.

Like I said before, just learn to be losers, you cannot compete with a fully awaking China in science/engineering/miliitary techs, you lack both the depth and width of human captials.

Xu-K-fyrcsrw7784847.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom