What's new

Is Sri Lanka Classified South East Asia or South Asia?

Okay three out of the ten pictures aren't Sinhalese, I don't know why your getting so offended. ;)

That's true, I've read somewhere that the original South Asians where Aboriginals, a large group of them went on too migrate to Australasia.

And they say Sinhalese look North Indian.:rofl:

@Parul @BDforever

As you see, this same asshead kept on insulting others and now crying when someone returns the favour.

Anyway Gibbs is actually from Burgher ethnic group which is made up of Europeans in Sri Lanka unlike some idiot who think he's superior (wannabe) European so Gibbs has no reason to be offended from what that member said about Sinhalese and he could insult "A Town" member with worst words possible. He was just stating facts. For your information none of us want to relate to any Indian or any nationality/ethnic group in the world. We don't have time to worry about this kind of nonsense.

Last edited:
@Parul @BDforever

As you see, this same asshead kept on insulting others and now crying when someone returns the favour.

Anyway Gibbs is actually from Burgher ethnic group which is made up of Europeans in Sri Lanka unlike some idiot who think he's superior so Gibbs has no reason to be offended amd he could insult A Town member with worst words. He was just stating facts. For your information none of us want to relate to any Indian or any nationality/ethnic group in the world. We don't have time to worry about this kind of nonsense.

Rajput Tomar Singh Mughal is hilarious, North India states include UP, bihar, rajasthan etc one of darkest people live there. Don't for a second think they look like bollywood actors. Fact is every bollywood leading actor is either pashtun or punjabi hindu khatris who migrated from Pakistan after parition.

For your information none of us want to relate to any Indian or any nationality/ethnic group in the world. We don't have time to worry about this kind of nonsense.

:tup:

Thats some thing that some of these Indians obsessed with caste, color, language and religion would never comprehend

With Pakistan moving away with Greater middle east map to be sanction within this decade.Sri lanka into South east asia.While Bangladesh aswell will move away to south east asia after getting captured the India's chicken neck.

I believe by 2025 the only country in the south asia will be india

ya as always the last standing bastion,unlike slaves like pak.

:tup:

Thats some thing that some of these Indians obsessed with caste, color, language and religion would never comprehend

You speak as if there are no sri lankans obsessed with these things? Seriously? I find your holier than thou attitude rather weakly rooted in reality.

Fact is the thread was created by a non indian and other than the typical Pakistani claiming to be middle easterner, others acknowledged the thread for a troll thread. BTW there are more mongoloid people in india than entire population of SL, that still does not invalidate a representative picture of Indians showing only the current indian cricket team.

You speak as if there are no sri lankans obsessed with these things? Seriously? I find your holier than thou attitude rather weakly rooted in reality.

Fact is the thread was created by a non indian and other than the typical Pakistani claiming to be middle easterner, others acknowledged the thread for a troll thread. BTW there are more mongoloid people in india than entire population of SL, that still does not invalidate a representative picture of Indians showing only the current indian cricket team.

Hence why i termed "Some" Indians.. Thats not generalizing at all.. But given the fact the number of threads/posts created here by those Indians about religious, regionalist, racist and nationalistic superiority does'nt give you much encouragement does it??

Btw i know jingoists in a internet forum does not represent a country or a society.. But mine is a response to those very same idiots

Hence why i termed "Some" Indians.. Thats not generalizing at all.. But given the fact the number of threads created here by those Indians about religious, regionalist, racist and nationalistic superiority does'nt give you much encouragement does it??

Btw i know jingoists in a internet forum does not represent a country or a society.. But mine is a response to those very same idiots

Its news to me that Indians here create threads about religious, regionalist, racist superiority... I felt we are at the receiving end of such crap on the forum...

Other than that I generally agree with you.

Its news to me that Indians here create threads about religious, regionalist, racist superiority... I felt we are at the receiving end of such crap on the forum...

Other than that I generally agree with you.

Hmmm.. It's a surprise to me that you have not noticed.. From Mexicans being Indians to ridiculing most of their South Asian neighbors at any given chance.. This well may have been a troll thread, But look where it ended up being a thread about skin color, case in point.. Any way like i said i have only responded to those who needed to be responded to.. If it sounded like a generalization.. My bad

Hmmm.. It's a surprise to me that you have not noticed.. From Mexicans being Indians to ridiculing most of their South Asian neighbors at any given chance.. This well may have been a troll thread, But look where it ended up being a thread about skin color, case in point.. Any way like i said i have only responded to those who needed to be responded to.. If it sounded like a generalization.. My bad

People are identified as being from a particular region based on looks, that includes skin color. Unfortunately making such arguments can be unfair to a burgher like you. I think you probably overreacted to pictures claiming SL people look like Indians.

Anyways if you can, do tag me in where you find Indians claiming religious or racial superiority. I'm not saying does not happen, but I'd be surprised if that's a frequent thing.

Being darker is not necessarily less pretty....Look at USA Miss Universe (winner) and Miss Indonesian.....she (Wulandhari Herman) represented Indonesian brown skin and she can beat many white Indonesian at the competition...and for me..she looks better than White women from USA that actually is the Miss Universe.
images

Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis look exactly same. Both are dark but I think Lankans are more darker than Bengalis. Btw, I am a fair skinned Bengali but I think darker boys look better than fair skinned chocolate boys.

Lankans are South Asian. One Lankan member in this forum said few days back that most Lankans have Bengali ancestors.

People are identified as being from a particular region based on looks, that includes skin color. Unfortunately making such arguments can be unfair to a burgher like you. I think you probably overreacted to pictures claiming SL people look like Indians.

Anyways if you can, do tag me in where you find Indians claiming religious or racial superiority. I'm not saying does not happen, but I'd be surprised if that's a frequent thing.

Actually that does not matter to me at all.. My crux came up with some retard posting pics of the Lankan Cricket team in an obvious attempt of ridicule.. Again not that it matters to me one bit what an individual looks like

The problem lies when posters who have little or no idea about some parts of their own country try to be experts on others.. Mostly based on hearsay and propaganda

Sri Lankans and Bangladeshis look exactly same. Both are dark but I think Lankans are more darker than Bengalis. Btw, I am a fair skinned Bengali but I think darker boys look better than fair skinned chocolate boys.

Lankans are South Asian. One Lankan member in this forum said few days back that most Lankans have Bengali ancestors.

Not Lankans but Sinhalese in particular have Bengali and Gujarati roots according to genetic studies

Being darker is not necessarily less pretty....Look at USA Miss Universe (winner) and Miss Indonesian.....she (Wulandhari Herman) represented Indonesian brown skin and she can beat many white Indonesian at the competition...and for me..she looks better than White women from USA that actually is the Miss Universe.
images

Of cause not.. Color of the skin does not constitute beauty.. It's only those who are insecure about themselves make it a issue

sinhalese are a linguistic and religious group and they come in all shapes n sizes.so rest easy folks.

sinhalese are a linguistic and religious group and they come in all shapes n sizes.so rest easy folks.

Why focus on the Sinhalese ? I thought the OP's question was about Sri Lankans ?

Back
Top Bottom