What's new

Is Sindh Govt against the Development of Karachi

i guess currently 800 million is needed for IDP's problems of BALOCHISTAN....electricity problems....it is time to consolidate PAKISTAN as a whole not try to improve KARACHI while we have 1 million people displaced!!!!

karachi currently is in a good state already i guess we are good for the next 2 to 3 years....no major development required.....

There was not IDP's when sindh govt abondoned this program,
they abondoned it before 1 year, ADB offered two similar programs, one for karachi and one for other districts, but sindh govt closed karachi program, bcoz that was directly going to the uplift projects, and they had no chance for corruption, but they approved the second prog bcoz in 2nd prog they were geeting funds!

@Zob

I think it was very imp program, bcoz from this money, city govt ad to make 2 filter plants for drinking water, and 2nd project was mass transit, they planned to start light rail in karachi!

I know the topic looks weird, but this is reality,
If u live in karachi then u would know that the development work of karachi is reduced ten times if we compare it with year 2005-2007,
bcoz provincial govt and federal govt stopped funding district govt of karachi,
People could ignore this but,
Sindh govt is triyng to stop all investments coming to karachi,
ADB(Asian Developmen Bank) approved Karachi Mass Transit Project, but it shelved due to sindh govt, and Mustafa Kamal went to Shanghai to bring investment, he met with mayor of Shanghai, Shanghai mayor said that i would send a company to karachi, for solid waste managment, its the same company, which collects garbage from shanghai, the company promised to bring $450mn to karachi for solid waste management and to produce 650MegaWatt of electrcity, they came to karachi, and started buying machinery, but sindh govt threatend them to stop work, other wise they would nationalise the firm, so that firm ran from karachi!

And ADB also approved $800mn for karachi, and it had to started in 2008, but sindh govt sent thier delegation to manila, head quarter of ADB to stop funding, today in press conference, Mustafa Kamal said that sindh govt scrapped $800mn mega karachi development program!

U can search articles on google abt all above,
And plz dont bring any political party here!
Thanks!

why will they let cdgk take the loan ? ... if city govt take this money than how wil the provincial or gop can have their bonanza ....
they have better plan for this money just hang on a little u will find out

There was not IDP's when sindh govt abondoned this program,
they abondoned it before 1 year, ADB offered two similar programs, one for karachi and one for other districts, but sindh govt closed karachi program, bcoz that was directly going to the uplift projects, and they had no chance for corruption, but they approved the second prog bcoz in 2nd prog they were geeting funds!

@Zob

I think it was very imp program, bcoz from this money, city govt ad to make 2 filter plants for drinking water, and 2nd project was mass transit, they planned to start light rail in karachi!

i think since 12th may 2007 our progress as a NATION has only been downhill....so ofcourse we cut down on loans i guess....UNTIL NOW....now finally pakistan seems to be getting back on its feet!!!

and two filter plants i think one is being installed in DEFENSE area if i am not wrong.....as for light rail well we are just silly aren't we first we removed the tram structure in 70s and now we are adding it back....see for the time being this money is not going anywhere and if we do get money i guess it is better to invest it in helping the IDPs and not KARACHI....

after all KARACHI people have always suffered....i guess they can live without a MASS TRANSIT light rail for a while longer.....

people in clifton still don't get fresh water(meetha pani) i guess they can still live with it as well....

i think since 12th may 2007 our progress as a NATION has only been downhill....so ofcourse we cut down on loans i guess....UNTIL NOW....now finally pakistan seems to be getting back on its feet!!!

and two filter plants i think one is being installed in DEFENSE area if i am not wrong.....as for light rail well we are just silly aren't we first we removed the tram structure in 70s and now we are adding it back....see for the time being this money is not going anywhere and if we do get money i guess it is better to invest it in helping the IDPs and not KARACHI....

after all KARACHI people have always suffered....i guess they can live without a MASS TRANSIT light rail for a while longer.....

people in clifton still don't get fresh water(meetha pani) i guess they can still live with it as well....

ADP stands for Asian Development Bank i dont know why we are confusing their funds with IDPs as for IDP's money is coming from a very different source and the purpose is very different < most importantly the mayor is going on about the LAZY ATTITUDE its of our federal govt. As far as the light rails are concerned its any bodys wild guess what happned to them.

exactly i know what ADB is...if ADB is giving us the funds well we can always ask them to give us funds for the help of IDPs....and not development...but i doubt if ADP will give us funds to help these people ....

exactly i know what ADB is...if ADB is giving us the funds well we can always ask them to give us funds for the help of IDPs....and not development...but i doubt if ADP will give us funds to help these people ....

Another joke man ..... Look now i am extracting the exact line from Dawn article , you havnt bothered reading it ....... and u just went on nagging .....its only few lines hopefully this time u might understand!!?

DAWN """".....the city could not get a loan of $800 million for its several development projects, for which he <Mayor> held the higher government authorities responsible. He added that it was the ""lackadaisical"" attitude"" of the authorities towards Karachi that it could not get any funding from the ADB, which funded projects of a similar nature in other districts of the province.

Now let me translate this more for u The mayor is blaming fed govt for their lazy attitude and questioning there sincerity about khi. Why are you bringing IDP's they have nothin to do with this topic!?

well let me explain it in layman terms what i am saying maybe i am not getting across....tell the MAYOR to wait currently development of KARACHI can wait...we have other major issues going on....

the mayor would be correct in complaining if the FEDRAL GOVERNMENT was taking loans for other cities development now under current circumstances....but currently all exsisiting projects are on auto pilot or on a hold no new projects have started and i doubt they would be started anytime soon....PAKISTAN has major problems i.e.IDPs so the MAYOR should actually be asking for a timeline for the funds not complaining that we are not getting funds.....KARACHI is not being neglected it is being put on a hold!!

well let me explain it in layman terms what i am saying maybe i am not getting across....tell the MAYOR to wait currently development of KARACHI can wait...we have other major issues going on....

the mayor would be correct in complaining if the FEDRAL GOVERNMENT was taking loans for other cities development now under current circumstances....but currently all exsisiting projects are on auto pilot or on a hold no new projects have started and i doubt they would be started anytime soon....PAKISTAN has major problems i.e.IDPs so the MAYOR should actually be asking for a timeline for the funds not complaining that we are not getting funds.....KARACHI is not being neglected it is being put on a hold!!

The point is not fegral govt refusing funds ! The point is not federal govt getting for other cities not for khi ! The point is "City mayor is accusing govt for their typical slow and lazy work ethics, if Fed govt was too say "No" than loan wouldnt have been applied in the first place , nderstandbly the loan was applied and their is a cost to it and because of their half hearted work attiude the application got rejected therefore now "Dude he is Blaming the fed govt that the loan is rejected cuz of Fed their apethetic ,careless ,lazy & halfhearted attitude , in simpler terms he is saying the Fed govt dont know how to their job properly !! get it ?
IDP's has got nothing to with this loan , u are mixing wrong things here buddy.

just one thing isn't the federal government occupied in other more "PRESSING ISSUES"....if they are occupied then you can't blame them for being "LAZY,CARELESS,APETHETIC".....

but ok as you say pak-marine....the government is lazy,careless....and by higher government authorities who does he mean FEDERAL or PROVINCIAL??

In my opinon maybe the projects were not seen feasible by the ADB....that could be another way of looking at it....

In my opinon maybe the projects were not seen feasible by the ADB....that could be another way of looking at it....

ADB was happy to give funds, and if they have to chose one of them(sindh govt/ city govt) then they would choose city govt 100 times!
But sindh govt recieved funds for other districts and sent thier delegation to manila to stop funds of karachi.

Yar its almost 2 year old project, sindh govt abondoned it when there was no prob of IDP's, and i m sure ADB will not give loan for IDP's!
And mayor has already exposed this prob before few months that sindh govt abondoned that program, but he talked to media 1st time yesterday!
And mass transit is very imp for karachi, do u know the condition of present transport system of karachi??

Karachi should get the money it was promised however I feel that we need to see the larger picture and try to get the whole IDP issue sorted first I think that if the powers within Karachi don't work with Pakistan then it will be difficult for Pakistan to work with them they may need the money else where maybe that is why they are not getting their funds.

Karachi should get the money it was promised however I feel that we need to see the larger picture and try to get the whole IDP issue sorted first I think that if the powers within Karachi don't work with Pakistan then it will be difficult for Pakistan to work with them they may need the money else where maybe that is why they are not getting their funds.

No this is not the case ... I am not a MQM supporter but I will say that MQM has been the most vocal in supporting PA during this action and quite frankly the the power in Karachi represents the majority of Karachi and that majority has always and will always support Pakistan insha-Allah.

Another fact that I usually don't bring up is that Karachites deserve the development work because they never get the fair share of the tax distribution ... IF a company was going to invest in Karachi for the development of Karachi then it simply means that money was invested in Pakistan and the development was going to happen in Pakistan as well.

You are intellegent enough to understand this so lets not argue for the hell of it. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom